Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven are now officially the only race without their main LL.

Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 10,810
Let's not let this major point get drowned out in all the hype.

NEVER let this happen again to another race CA. It's frankly, not acceptable.
"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

Comments

• Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,376

Huh?
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,993
    Eh?

Skaven are a fractious species with many leaders.

The council can't really be a faction unto itself... it doesn't really operate as one. Unless you get into weird End Times stuff. They are felt in the Vortex campaign though.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,121

Yeah VC with Ghorst instead Neferata.
    It just second time.

Deal with Ghorst and Tretch that steal place of real iconic characters.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,810
    Thanquol is literally, and I quote "chosen of the great horned rat" and "envoy of the council of 13".

This isn't rocket science guys.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • North_SolNorth_Sol Registered Users Posts: 172
    edited April 2019

Thanquol is literally, and I quote "chosen of the great horned rat" and "envoy of the council of 13".

This isn't rocket science guys.

Alternatively, it is - and now we have Skyre's Ikit Claw. :o
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,162
    Huh? They don't have a comedy character so it's not acceptable?
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
    Ikit Claw is not the problem.
  • haynamshaynams Registered Users Posts: 269
    My money is that they are saving Thanquol for an end-Times mega expansion towards the end of Warhammer 3... we will probably get Nagash, Neferata, the Glottkin Bros., Valten, and some named greater daemons
    haynams said:

My money is that they are saving Thanquol for an end-Times mega expansion towards the end of Warhammer 3... we will probably get Nagash, Neferata, the Glottkin Bros., Valten, and some named greater daemons

Which is fine if true, but also completely unfounded speculation.
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Thanquol is also a dull as dirt lord option, his sole selling point is being a caster on a bonebreaker. That's it. Not gonna pretend that Tretch is superb, but having a sneaky rat was basically guaranteed, and at that point its either him or sniktch. As a representative for the other methods of skaven warfare, Skrolk, Queek and Ikit all make sense, and honestly Throt would make far more sense as a 5th lord option. I understand that people love Thanquol, but he's really just not that interesting of a character from a LL/campaign perspective.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
    I do find it a little funny that Thanquol was "confirmed" ages ago.

If he makes it then great, awesome, if not s'all good. They have 3 good LL's.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,341
    Tretch is good as a LL too. He just doesn’t make as much sense as other, in demand LLs. But his mechanic is fine.
    Later
  • crazycakemancrazycakeman Registered Users Posts: 197
    Wyvern2 said:

Thanquol is also a dull as dirt lord option, his sole selling point is being a caster on a bonebreaker. That's it. Not gonna pretend that Tretch is superb, but having a sneaky rat was basically guaranteed, and at that point its either him or sniktch. As a representative for the other methods of skaven warfare, Skrolk, Queek and Ikit all make sense, and honestly Throt would make far more sense as a 5th lord option. I understand that people love Thanquol, but he's really just not that interesting of a character from a LL/campaign perspective.

I'm backing this guy up as well. We will probably get thanquol when we get nagash, but in the mean time, having an unaligned grey seer who has a cool 4 armed bone breaker isnt required, unless you jerk off to all the canon. If we get thanquol over throt I'll be more likely to riot, leave thanquol until later...
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,686
    I definitely agree with Commissar that Thanquol is THE Skaven character, the most iconic Ratman and a top 5 iconic character in WHFB. I also think there's a zero percent chance we make it through this trilogy without seeing him, so I'm not all that worried either.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,946
    Thanquol is a multitime failure that has been hunted by the Council of Thirteen as much as he's been their 'favored' or rather at times 'fall guy'. If you want to call him the iconic best representative Grey Seer, fine.

Otherwise the four heros of the four great clans truly represent what the Skaven are.
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,190
    We should have gotten Thanqol instead of Tretch, period. He is as sneaky, cowardy and funny, while also actually being relevant.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,230
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,875
    Enforest said:

We should have gotten Thanqol instead of Tretch, period. He is as sneaky, cowardy and funny, while also actually being relevant.

Tretch really messed things up. Also being stuck in Naggarond really prevents me from ever enjoying campaigns with him.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,844
    edited April 2019
    I think the skaven should be one of those factions that have more LL than the rest

I would have been fine with the vampire coast dlc coming with only 3 LL and 1 skaven one for example instead of the abomination that is cloystra
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,470
    If you want to talk about a true Leader for the Skaven you will have to wait until Part 3.

Since it appears that we won't get Skreech Verminking and the Verminlords until Part 3.

The Skaven have no leader aside from the Great Horned Rat itself and they have a Council of Thirteen as his representative in the Mortal Realms and they weren't even playable in Tabletop (aside from Nurglitch, but i didn't like the way he was implemented on that supplement.)
    edited April 2019

Queek, Tretch, Skrolk, Ikit Claw

That's 4 good LL dude.

Why does everyone hate Tretch? He's the most skaveny of the lot, and represents a pretty cool clan.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,470
    Itharus said:

That's 4 good LL dude.

Why does everyone hate Tretch? He's the most skaveny of the lot, and represents a pretty cool clan.
    I still want Tretch in Crookback Mountain in Mortal Empires at some point.

Hotek's Column could be a fantastic Thanquol starting location in the future.
    Itharus said:

That's 4 good LL dude.

He's been implemented well, but he's not Throt or Thanquol. He's okay.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    edited April 2019
    Well, we were already told that thanquol would be coming eventually but not as a flc. If he never does than that is not only a lie, but is unacceptable.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 689

Well, we were already told that thanquol would be coming eventually but not as a flc. If he never does than that is not only a lie, but is unacceptable.

We were only told that he wasn't going to be the paid DLC lord or the first FLC skaven lord. They didn't say whether or not he would be FLC.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,353
    And if it is unacceptable, what shall be done if it happens?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,458
    Haha ok... yeah Skavendom doesn't have a leader, he is just the most well known of them thats it. Plus CA said that he is comming, you jusg got to be patient

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,946
    Itharus said:

That's 4 good LL dude.

Because he's not Thrott, and before we got Ikkit he wasn't Ikkit, and he's not Thanquol. Fans of all three of those vastly outnumbered fans of Tretch. There were people who played the edition he was in and I still had to explain whom he was. Yes, they designed him well but people want their named loreful characters and to them Tretch represents them not getting the great clans recognized.
    And here I am wishing that we could design-an-LL at game start. Choose a model, abilities, name, choose from start locations and go...

Kinda like the avatar mode of Shogun 2 but actually in a campaign.

That'd be some fun sandbox.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,353
    Itharus said:

And here I am wishing that we could design-an-LL at game start. Choose a model, abilities, name, choose from start locations and go...

Kinda like the avatar mode of Shogun 2 but actually in a campaign.

That'd be some fun sandbox.

I would like that.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour