Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Get ready for Doomsday with The Prophet & The Warlock!

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,850Registered Users
    "What mighty contests rise from trivial things" - Alexander Pope.

^-- dis thread.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,145Registered Users
    Itharus said:

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things" - Alexander Pope.

^-- dis thread.

Nothing good has ever come from discussion and learning new things.
    Later
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,919Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Itharus said:

Reading all these threads that are mad about not getting more stuff in their new dlc that has more stuff than the last one makes me think of this:

Being someone that has to read 'all' these threads and comments, this is in the back of my mind while sorting through them. (Well done)

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,221Registered Users
    Amonkhet said:

We just need to find out whats going on with Clan Moulder, thats all and why they been avoided like the plague. Throt the Unclean, Ghoritch, Packmasters, Stormfiends, Giant Rats, Wolf Rats, Chimaerats, Brood Horrors, etc.

He raises an interesting point here. Not even re-skinned dogs for giant rats.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Posts: 412Registered Users

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Ignoring the fact that this poll ( https://www.strawpoll.me/17735966/r ) is probably one of the most biased and manipulative constructs ever created on these forums it also is too soon to judge it after few hours.

Calling an obviously excited person's for-fun strawpoll biased and manipulative? This forum isn't Gallup you know, none of these strawpolls should be taken without a pinch of salt, including the one with Stormfiends (which were almost certainly never going to be added due to their being ET).

And whilst I would have loved to see a Skink Oracle, it would not have been a 1:1 with RCS Chief, as it would have required a Troglodon model. This is a big pack with a lot of new stuff, unfortunately they seem not to have had the resources to add Trog or Verminlord which is sad, but I do not see why people are complaining about this epic pack, pretty much just because it isn't absolutely perfect.
    Oh it could very well be just over the top fun poll but it still is manipulative and can't be taken seriously.

People complain because CA prioritised terrible models. It was easy to 'guess' what players want, even without the poll. You need to follow 'big and bad' and you always arrive at the most wanted results.
    Obviously a silly and fun strawpoll can't be taken seriously, how you can possibly call something silly biased or manipulative is odd - how can a silly poll manipulate anyone at all?

Terrible models? That is highly subjective, just as what players want is. What you class as big and bad others might catagorise as redundant and gaudy. You are projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase and using a poll on a forum that had what? A few hundred votes? As evidence.

The trailer currently has 10K likes to 71 dislikes, this is far better evidence of preference. Not perfect, but it seems playerbase are pretty happy.
    The wording still holds its sway no matter the intention.

Yes, mostly remodels. I don't speak on their quality.

Do you honestly think the results would change if there were 10.000 votes? People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

They are happy with the cinematic, that's for sure. I like it too. And I like it a lot.
    Well I want more gobbos, so nyah!
    Don't you want literally the biggest goblin of them all?
    I am da biggest gobbo of dem all. Anyfing bigger dan me iz pointless unless it haz wheelz. Yeah? Dredd Soreyan? Phah! Never heard ov it!
    Ya'z da fastah kart boss in me ole world!
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Ignoring the fact that this poll ( https://www.strawpoll.me/17735966/r ) is probably one of the most biased and manipulative constructs ever created on these forums it also is too soon to judge it after few hours.

Calling an obviously excited person's for-fun strawpoll biased and manipulative? This forum isn't Gallup you know, none of these strawpolls should be taken without a pinch of salt, including the one with Stormfiends (which were almost certainly never going to be added due to their being ET).

And whilst I would have loved to see a Skink Oracle, it would not have been a 1:1 with RCS Chief, as it would have required a Troglodon model. This is a big pack with a lot of new stuff, unfortunately they seem not to have had the resources to add Trog or Verminlord which is sad, but I do not see why people are complaining about this epic pack, pretty much just because it isn't absolutely perfect.
    Oh it could very well be just over the top fun poll but it still is manipulative and can't be taken seriously.

People complain because CA prioritised terrible models. It was easy to 'guess' what players want, even without the poll. You need to follow 'big and bad' and you always arrive at the most wanted results.
    Obviously a silly and fun strawpoll can't be taken seriously, how you can possibly call something silly biased or manipulative is odd - how can a silly poll manipulate anyone at all?

Terrible models? That is highly subjective, just as what players want is. What you class as big and bad others might catagorise as redundant and gaudy. You are projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase and using a poll on a forum that had what? A few hundred votes? As evidence.

The trailer currently has 10K likes to 71 dislikes, this is far better evidence of preference. Not perfect, but it seems playerbase are pretty happy.

Do you honestly think the results would change if there were 10.000 votes? People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

They are happy with the cinematic, that's for sure. I like it too. And I like it a lot.
    Its a lighthearted poll, it is absurd to cast it as manipulative, it has no will behind it to shape opinion, it is simply an expression of somebody's happyness with the pack.

You want this, many others may want units that increase the strategy element in their strategy game, and may priorotise that over a unit which offers little to nothing in that area (Dread Saurian). Or they may be fans of the warhammer fantasy setting and be dead set against ET units additions (Stormfiends). There are as many different preferences as there are players, you are simply projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase.

Edit, now the trailer is running 11K likes to 75 dislikes
    Sure it is but intentions don't go in pair with practise as proved by those who quote thiat poll.

Say what you will but Troglodon leads with one point in this poll https://www.strawpoll.me/17688091/r . I don't deny TT purists have their own special tastes but I'm speaking about TW:WH players in general. Big and bad is the way to go. CA actions illustrate it pretty well.

Again, I'm not surprised. It is a really good trailer.
    Kayosiv said:

People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

You. You want those things. Some people agree with you. Don't conflate you or some people with everyone.
    Is this why CA is producing large units/monster heavy armies lately? Hmmmmm I'm sure it is a coincidence.
    I understand what you are saying, I am also disappointed that the Troglodon didn't make it in. But I have to say, to get two out of three and a few good surprises mixed in (like getting Lord Kroak). So all in all I understand where you coming from but I would have to say that CA did a fantastic job regardless.
    It might be the best LP so far but personally I wouldn't call CA's job fantastic. Little to show for 6 months of waiting. They have increased the price of LP by 1 euro. They could up it by 3, 6 or even 8 and include all missing units or at least the ones that are most craved after. In my book there is no excuse for the same wait time as Campaign Pack but without the same amount of quantity and quality.
    It's a lord pack though! They've marketed it as a smaller DLC that's around half the price of a campaign pack. Increasing the cost by more than a couple of pounds would mean it no longer falls under a small dlc and everyone would take a fit about the other lord packs being left out since they came first. Look at what happened when the game 2 campaign packs came with 4 lords instead of 2.

You are being highly unrealistic, what you wanted was never going to happen.

If CA had came out and said it was going to be an entirely different size pack and cost twice the amount then sure but they didn't so it's comparable to all the other lord packs
    They have already created upgradd version of Race Packs in the form of Campaign Packs. They should have upgraded quality of Lord Pack too. It is only natural that every next DLC should be better than the previous one. What happened? Some complaints but first and foremost great benefits for the game.

It is not. We have waited 6 months for it. Time is the most important resource.
    CA was working on multiple projects, so CA clearly taking their time with the DLCs for this game.
    You know it, I know it but CA doesn't acknowledge it and keeps feeding the same old 'Warhammer is unaffected by other projects' nonsense.
    You know when they say unaffected they mean that delays and the like in other games dont effect the production rate, as shown by the delay in 3K not changing this DLC'so release.

Obviously the team is smaller and there are longer gaps between DLC's because there's a higher gap between games 2 and 3 than there was between games 1 and 2.
    I meant their earlier 'unaffected' comment not the latest one about LP schedule.

It is obvious to us. CA doesn't acknowledge it, quite the opposite. Separate dedicated teams live strong in their PR talk. And I bet technically they are right, just as technically they give us more units and dinos in this upcoming LP. Technically.
    What bit of separated teams is so unbelievable to you? The WH2 DLC team is obviously smaller than the main development team because they only have to make two a year, what's so hard to understand?
    CA has never acknowledged that Game2 DLC team is smaller than that of Game1.

I strongly disagree with the statement that Game2 DLC team is smaller because they only have to make two DLC a year. We only get two DLC per year because Game2 DLC team is smaller because of other CA ventures.

PR lies.
    I mean it's very likely that the DLC schedule is prepared well in advance like in any company. You don't just churn stuff out as fast as you can.
    I agree. They have planned ToB, 3k and different Sagas in advance and Game2 is a victim of it.
    So they're wrong for wanting to diversify and give us a broad range of games rather than just producing WH2 stuff is basically what your saying?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,392Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Now CA can remove Empire from game. Rat got better firepower then both Dwarf and Empire. Range Empire focus army can be removed, who will cry.

Repeater handgun is OP idea, byt rat with sniper rifle and minigun are not, CA.

The Rats having their firepower at least makes sense...them getting outgunned by the VAMPIRE COAST on the other hand...
    I dont talk about V.Coat but Dwarf and Empire. Where Dwarf range can have so armor, and still powerfull range, Empire range is paper, and have broken mechanic like repeaster handgun or no hero who buff range firepower. With new Skaven addition, they have nothing. Rat sniper will make quick work of Franz in air, or Volkmar on Altar of sigmar.

Rat high firepower should come with cost, doing damage to own, not in game.
    I'm talking about the Empire and Dwarfs being outgunned by the Vmapire Coast...
    They are Undead, Ca love undead, so yea. I see BRetonnai rework didnt bring new hero or units, I have bad feeling Empire will get same ****. So i just have to live with Empire who outgunned by undead walking cropses.
    Bretonnia has all it's units and Heroes though.
    Brettonia got more than what it had on the TT.
    So what, V.Coast get even more, that is hardly good argument by now. Bretonnia never made into 8 edition, they should get more.

CA are aware that the Empire is the most popular faction. We also know that in terms of types of DLC or updates they get batter, as CA take on feedback. This tells me that the Empire will be the final WH1 race to be updated, but that said, it will be the best update.

Somehow I doubt that. CA prove me this, by not give us proper free LL in game 1 cycle.
    The 4 LL count was something CA decided to do in game 2 and they did exactly the same to other factions in game 1, they upgrade and add a LL and shift them on the map.

The fact is they will give Empire a decent upgrade as it is the most popular faction. That's a fact.
    What are you talking about. GS, Dawi, Vamp got 3 LL with cross dlc and 4th free apart from Empire. Game 2 have nothing to do with it.

You dont know what Empire will get from CA. I dont belive it will be special or spectacular. I think, most will be disappointed
    How many LLs do Bretonnia have? Beastmen? Wood Elves?

As to the second paragraph.. you must be the life of the party. Cheer up, judging by the response the latest DLC has I think it's fair to say people are happy with CA's current work.

It's a fact that CA knows Empire is the most popular faction; they have said they will be adding more lords; They clearly listen (this DLC).. what evidence do you have to support your claim?

Now I know there'll be a certain group will have something to strop about, but in the end I think they prefer that condition, they don't know how else to be.
    I compere core faction, that is Empire, GS, Dawi, Vamps. As in game 2, core faction are HE, DE, LM, Skavens, and if all end up with 4 LL, only Empire is that worst for no reason. Only truth you says, it that DLC faction in game 2, got 4 LL, and in that, game 1 dlc factions are harmed by CA.

People are always happy when CA throw stuff, because they had to wait for so long. Its not matter of quality at this point. Skaven get cool stuff, but Bretonnia, I dont think so.

We will see that Empire new Lord, because right now, Empire didnt get free LL from game 1.

"what evidence do you have to support your claim? Simple really, no free LL in game 1. Ano no, if Empire will get 4 LL and for example GS or Vamp will get another one, it still no fair to Empire, and i think you know why.
    They did however, unlike other factions, get an entirely new wizard model for every new lore of magic addition. Other factions 1: just used same old wizard, and 2: did not get the same amount of lores, even where appropriate. This has made the Empire the most magically versatile faction in the game, which it shouldn't be - Elves and LM should.

So whilst the unit model isn't a big deal, the Empire hasn't recieved nothing, in fact it was the most oft beneficiary of FLC in game 1. This may not add up to a new LL, but it is something most ignore.

I don't really get this pessimism about the FLC update for Emp either. I mean it is unlikely to be utterly mindblowing it is free (but then they are adding Kroak to LM), and a new DLC for them would be nice as they do need more toys to play with, but the updates appear to be getting steadily better - we may indeed get a new LL (again we are getting a character in Kroak for free) and I think a rework of the offices is guaranteed, hopefully along with another mechanic too but we will see. I don't think there is any reason for pessimism for them.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,852Registered Users

Agree there. And they changed the campaign packs definitely for the better. No reason they couldn’t make a new, better version of a lord pack too. I’d be happy with a campaign pack price lord pack with all 4 races.

It would be dream come true for me. Chance for all kinds of units to get in.
    Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

I am da biggest gobbo of dem all. Anyfing bigger dan me iz pointless unless it haz wheelz. Yeah? Dredd Soreyan? Phah! Never heard ov it!
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Its a lighthearted poll, it is absurd to cast it as manipulative, it has no will behind it to shape opinion, it is simply an expression of somebody's happyness with the pack.

You want this, many others may want units that increase the strategy element in their strategy game, and may priorotise that over a unit which offers little to nothing in that area (Dread Saurian). Or they may be fans of the warhammer fantasy setting and be dead set against ET units additions (Stormfiends). There are as many different preferences as there are players, you are simply projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase.

Sure it is but intentions don't go in pair with practise as proved by those who quote thiat poll.

Say what you will but Troglodon leads with one point in this poll https://www.strawpoll.me/17688091/r . I don't deny TT purists have their own special tastes but I'm speaking about TW:WH players in general. Big and bad is the way to go. CA actions illustrate it pretty well.

Kayosiv said:

People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

You. You want those things. Some people agree with you. Don't conflate you or some people with everyone.
    Is this why CA is producing large units/monster heavy armies lately? Hmmmmm I'm sure it is a coincidence.
    I understand what you are saying, I am also disappointed that the Troglodon didn't make it in. But I have to say, to get two out of three and a few good surprises mixed in (like getting Lord Kroak). So all in all I understand where you coming from but I would have to say that CA did a fantastic job regardless.
    It might be the best LP so far but personally I wouldn't call CA's job fantastic. Little to show for 6 months of waiting. They have increased the price of LP by 1 euro. They could up it by 3, 6 or even 8 and include all missing units or at least the ones that are most craved after. In my book there is no excuse for the same wait time as Campaign Pack but without the same amount of quantity and quality.
    It's a lord pack though! They've marketed it as a smaller DLC that's around half the price of a campaign pack. Increasing the cost by more than a couple of pounds would mean it no longer falls under a small dlc and everyone would take a fit about the other lord packs being left out since they came first. Look at what happened when the game 2 campaign packs came with 4 lords instead of 2.

If CA had came out and said it was going to be an entirely different size pack and cost twice the amount then sure but they didn't so it's comparable to all the other lord packs
    They have already created upgradd version of Race Packs in the form of Campaign Packs. They should have upgraded quality of Lord Pack too. It is only natural that every next DLC should be better than the previous one. What happened? Some complaints but first and foremost great benefits for the game.

CA was working on multiple projects, so CA clearly taking their time with the DLCs for this game.
    You know it, I know it but CA doesn't acknowledge it and keeps feeding the same old 'Warhammer is unaffected by other projects' nonsense.
    You know when they say unaffected they mean that delays and the like in other games dont effect the production rate, as shown by the delay in 3K not changing this DLC'so release.

Obviously the team is smaller and there are longer gaps between DLC's because there's a higher gap between games 2 and 3 than there was between games 1 and 2.
    I meant their earlier 'unaffected' comment not the latest one about LP schedule.

It is obvious to us. CA doesn't acknowledge it, quite the opposite. Separate dedicated teams live strong in their PR talk. And I bet technically they are right, just as technically they give us more units and dinos in this upcoming LP. Technically.
    What bit of separated teams is so unbelievable to you? The WH2 DLC team is obviously smaller than the main development team because they only have to make two a year, what's so hard to understand?

I strongly disagree with the statement that Game2 DLC team is smaller because they only have to make two DLC a year. We only get two DLC per year because Game2 DLC team is smaller because of other CA ventures.

PR lies.
    I mean it's very likely that the DLC schedule is prepared well in advance like in any company. You don't just churn stuff out as fast as you can.
    I agree. They have planned ToB, 3k and different Sagas in advance and Game2 is a victim of it.
    So they're wrong for wanting to diversify and give us a broad range of games rather than just producing WH2 stuff is basically what your saying?
    Yes.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Agree there. And they changed the campaign packs definitely for the better. No reason they couldn’t make a new, better version of a lord pack too. I’d be happy with a campaign pack price lord pack with all 4 races.

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

PR lies.
    Yes.
    Their decision on this would be based on cost/benefit though. Putting all of their staff on WH, neglecting other projects, would certainly result in diminishing returns - as a single project would not make back as much as several. This is especially the case as Strategy is a fairly niche market, they don't have the benefit of, say, CD Project Red's position of being able to sell on multiple devices and knowing they have a massive audience so they can afford to lump everyone in one project - that being said I think they recently confirmed they are working on something else.

They would have been heavily working on 3K and ToB during game 1's lifecycle (well before for 3K), we just didn't know it. A large company (CA is biggest games company in UK as I recall) that works in a niche area of gaming has to diversify, the only other option is to dowsize - resulting in a similar workrate anyway.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,656Registered Users

Tayvar said:

The whole undercities thing is going to be quite interesting too. I don't think it'll be the "optimal" way to play, but certainly could be fun to set one up far away from your normal base of operations or where you're planning to expand but not for a while.

Also curious how they'll do the city battles of Skaven rising up.

Well the Skaven needed the hidden caves more than the Vampire Coast and it might allow the Skaven to get more food, something that the Vampire Coast don't need to worry about.
    Thing is it's not the pirate cove mechanic. This is distinctly different and sounds like it's significantly better.
    It sound more balanced, but the pirate coves stay OP unless they also have some changes.
    Goatforce said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

PR lies.
    Yes.
    Their decision on this would be based on cost/benefit though. Putting all of their staff on WH, neglecting other projects, would certainly result in diminishing returns - as a single project would not make back as much as several. This is especially the case as Strategy is a fairly niche market, they don't have the benefit of, say, CD Project Red's position of being able to sell on multiple devices and knowing they have a massive audience so they can afford to lump everyone in one project - that being said I think they recently confirmed they are working on something else.

They would have been heavily working on 3K and ToB during game 1's lifecycle (well before for 3K), we just didn't know it. A large company (CA is biggest games company in UK as I recall) that works in a niche area of gaming has to diversify, the only other option is to dowsize - resulting in a similar workrate anyway.
    Yes, they should accept steady but lesser flow of income instead of seeking growth. I don't mind if they downsize to balance things out as long as I get succulent DLC every 1-2 months. You know what, in my immaculate kindness I allow them to have a second project on the side, they can keep 3k and milk Chinese market. Then they can replace it with something else.

Always two there are; no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Goatforce said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

PR lies.
    Yes.

Yes, they should accept steady but lesser flow of income instead of seeking growth. I don't mind if they downsize to balance things out as long as I get succulent DLC every 1-2 months. You know what, in my immaculate kindness I allow them to have a second project on the side, they can keep 3k and milk Chinese market. Then they can replace it with something else.

Wow, hear that CA? Fire away. You may be a business, but accept less profit and growth! I can't tell, as tone is sometimes difficult to read on a forum, but are you serious? Also do you actually thing CA shrinking, reducing its future income sources and workforce, would actually result in better Warhammer content? You are joking right, with all of that not just the "allow them to" stuff, you must be.

But just to be clear, reductions in the number of future projects (read, future income streams which have already been invested heavily in), means less funding from Sega, less budget for currently running content, less quality and quantity as a result. Also there are a lot of people working at CA, if you actually want them to downsize and lay people of because "give me what I want!" (a lot of people want 3K, and probably will want their other stuff too), it says a lot about you as a person.
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

PR lies.
    Yes.

Wow, hear that CA? Fire away. You may be a business, but accept less profit and growth! I can't tell, as tone is sometimes difficult to read on a forum, but are you serious? Also do you actually thing CA shrinking, reducing its future income sources and workforce, would actually result in better Warhammer content? You are joking right, with all of that not just the "allow them to" stuff, you must be.

But just to be clear, reductions in the number of future projects (read, future income streams which have already been invested heavily in), means less funding from Sega, less budget for currently running content, less quality and quantity as a result. Also there are a lot of people working at CA, if you actually want them to downsize and lay people of because "give me what I want!" (a lot of people want 3K, and probably will want their other stuff too), it says a lot about you as a person.
    What is a business to my needs⸮

TW:WH pays for itself. If it wasn't the case CA wouldn't do it. I fear not for its fate.

People, people, people. Where were those people when I needed me Stormfiend?

• blacksphemyblacksphemy Posts: 172Registered Users
    @CA_Ella my two year old son climbs in my lap every morning and says "rat! Rat! Rat!" Until I play the trailer for him, and he has to watch it at least three times before he'll giggle and go back to playing. I tell my wife it's kind of like showing him a nature documentary. You all did a beautiful job with the trailer! It's bringing at least one father and his son some happy bonding time
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 914Registered Users
    Launch day mega stream from 11am on the 17th, does that the game unlocks at this time also?
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,656Registered Users

Goatforce said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

PR lies.
    Yes.

Well CA's had quite clearly said in their blog that they are working on additional projects.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-february-2019/
    Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

Tayvar said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

PR lies.
    Yes.

Well CA's had quite clearly said in their blog that they are working on additional projects.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-february-2019/
    Rude, aren't they?

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 5,011Registered Users
    Jezzails 300 range.. not bad!
  • Ares354Ares354 Posts: 2,312Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Now CA can remove Empire from game. Rat got better firepower then both Dwarf and Empire. Range Empire focus army can be removed, who will cry.

The Rats having their firepower at least makes sense...them getting outgunned by the VAMPIRE COAST on the other hand...
    I dont talk about V.Coat but Dwarf and Empire. Where Dwarf range can have so armor, and still powerfull range, Empire range is paper, and have broken mechanic like repeaster handgun or no hero who buff range firepower. With new Skaven addition, they have nothing. Rat sniper will make quick work of Franz in air, or Volkmar on Altar of sigmar.

They are Undead, Ca love undead, so yea. I see BRetonnai rework didnt bring new hero or units, I have bad feeling Empire will get same ****. So i just have to live with Empire who outgunned by undead walking cropses.
    So what, V.Coast get even more, that is hardly good argument by now. Bretonnia never made into 8 edition, they should get more.

CA are aware that the Empire is the most popular faction. We also know that in terms of types of DLC or updates they get batter, as CA take on feedback. This tells me that the Empire will be the final WH1 race to be updated, but that said, it will be the best update.

Somehow I doubt that. CA prove me this, by not give us proper free LL in game 1 cycle.
    The 4 LL count was something CA decided to do in game 2 and they did exactly the same to other factions in game 1, they upgrade and add a LL and shift them on the map.

The fact is they will give Empire a decent upgrade as it is the most popular faction. That's a fact.
    What are you talking about. GS, Dawi, Vamp got 3 LL with cross dlc and 4th free apart from Empire. Game 2 have nothing to do with it.

You dont know what Empire will get from CA. I dont belive it will be special or spectacular. I think, most will be disappointed

As to the second paragraph.. you must be the life of the party. Cheer up, judging by the response the latest DLC has I think it's fair to say people are happy with CA's current work.

It's a fact that CA knows Empire is the most popular faction; they have said they will be adding more lords; They clearly listen (this DLC).. what evidence do you have to support your claim?

Now I know there'll be a certain group will have something to strop about, but in the end I think they prefer that condition, they don't know how else to be.
    I compere core faction, that is Empire, GS, Dawi, Vamps. As in game 2, core faction are HE, DE, LM, Skavens, and if all end up with 4 LL, only Empire is that worst for no reason. Only truth you says, it that DLC faction in game 2, got 4 LL, and in that, game 1 dlc factions are harmed by CA.

People are always happy when CA throw stuff, because they had to wait for so long. Its not matter of quality at this point. Skaven get cool stuff, but Bretonnia, I dont think so.

We will see that Empire new Lord, because right now, Empire didnt get free LL from game 1.

"what evidence do you have to support your claim? Simple really, no free LL in game 1. Ano no, if Empire will get 4 LL and for example GS or Vamp will get another one, it still no fair to Empire, and i think you know why.
    They did however, unlike other factions, get an entirely new wizard model for every new lore of magic addition. Other factions 1: just used same old wizard, and 2: did not get the same amount of lores, even where appropriate. This has made the Empire the most magically versatile faction in the game, which it shouldn't be - Elves and LM should.

So whilst the unit model isn't a big deal, the Empire hasn't recieved nothing, in fact it was the most oft beneficiary of FLC in game 1. This may not add up to a new LL, but it is something most ignore.

I don't really get this pessimism about the FLC update for Emp either. I mean it is unlikely to be utterly mindblowing it is free (but then they are adding Kroak to LM), and a new DLC for them would be nice as they do need more toys to play with, but the updates appear to be getting steadily better - we may indeed get a new LL (again we are getting a character in Kroak for free) and I think a rework of the offices is guaranteed, hopefully along with another mechanic too but we will see. I don't think there is any reason for pessimism for them.
    I am sorry, but you compere WIZARD to LL who get new starting position or new units, new mechanic ? Its not on same level, NOT EVEN close. Vamp got Death Knight, 2 LL and Krell. Wizard of Empire dont give even 15% of that.

Dont compere useless Wizard to LL, THAT is not same. LL need work, need a lot of more work, new item, he lead new faction. For you its same as Wizard, BS. Yes, I IGNORE that because I DIDINT ask for useless Wizards, I and many wished for Boris or any other LL.

Kroak is in DLC, you pay for. If that rework wont blow mind, its no needed, EMPIRE need midblowing rework. I think a have many good reason to no belive in that rework, DAWI show this, Bretonnia too.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 5,011Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

I am sorry, but you compere WIZARD to LL who get new starting position or new units, new mechanic ? Its not on same level, NOT EVEN close. Vamp got Death Knight, 2 LL and Krell. Wizard of Empire dont give even 15% of that.

Dont compere useless Wizard to LL, THAT is not same. LL need work, need a lot of more work, new item, he lead new faction. For you its same as Wizard, BS. Yes, I IGNORE that because I DIDINT ask for useless Wizards, I and many wished for Boris or any other LL.

Kroak is in DLC, you pay for. If that rework wont blow mind, its no needed, EMPIRE need midblowing rework. I think a have many good reason to no belive in that rework, DAWI show this, Bretonnia too.
    No, Kroak is available to all LLs so he's free. More importantly - chill out.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,145Registered Users
    Yep. Kroak is part of the FLC update. Like sword of khaine.
    Later
  • MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 214Registered Users

@CA_Ella my two year old son climbs in my lap every morning and says "rat! Rat! Rat!" Until I play the trailer for him, and he has to watch it at least three times before he'll giggle and go back to playing. I tell my wife it's kind of like showing him a nature documentary. You all did a beautiful job with the trailer! It's bringing at least one father and his son some happy bonding time

That's so cute ^^
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,233Registered Users

Really looking forward to Kroak. Basically a 5th LL.

I'm probably going to pair him with the FLC LL and do a big ol theme army. Gor-Rok, Kroak and a whole load of Saurus.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Posts: 511Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

visually, the empire have always been the most diverse magic wise. elves don't have NEARLY as much variation for their mages/archmages. a high elf mage is a high elf mage, regardless of what lore they use. this is NOT true for empire.

Jezzails 300 range.. not bad!

I was expecting around 220. 300 is awesome range, right up in arty territory.

They should allow some really cool builds.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.

I'm probably going to pair him with the FLC LL and do a big ol theme army. Gor-Rok, Kroak and a whole load of Saurus.
    Yea, LM will have almost 5 LL, Empire will have 3.

And that range on Jezzails is just OP af, bur hey ,you are not Empire, your gun are lorefull, unlike repeater.
    Ares354 said:

And that range on Jezzails is just OP af, bur hey ,you are not Empire, your gun are lorefull, unlike repeater.
    My comment isn't about the Empire.

300 range in and of itself is not OP. There's a veritable cornucopia of ways to make that range balanced. Cost, damage output, movement, vulnerability, etc, etc.

Ares354 said:

300 range in and of itself is not OP. There's a veritable cornucopia of ways to make that range balanced. Cost, damage output, movement, vulnerability, etc, etc.
    They have shield, so weak range wont do them harm. Dmg wont be low because those are sniper rifle. And my comment is about HOW CA can make lorefull skaven weapon team, but for Empire, they cant fix reapeter handgun...
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,787Registered Users
    Jezzails are a workhorse unit of the Skaven, have been since their introduction. That they were removed as DLC fodder was a disgrace so they have to absolutely be worth the wait.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

They have shield, so weak range wont do them harm. Dmg wont be low because those are sniper rifle. ...
    They also have a low model count and are highly squishy. Shields don't make them invulnerable to ranged damage.

There's no unit that's inherently OP. As I said there's a veritable cornucopia of factors that can be tweaked and shifted to get them where they should be. Where they should be is a high tier ranged unit.