Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Get ready for Doomsday with The Prophet & The Warlock!

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,659
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Now CA can remove Empire from game. Rat got better firepower then both Dwarf and Empire. Range Empire focus army can be removed, who will cry.

Repeater handgun is OP idea, byt rat with sniper rifle and minigun are not, CA.

The Rats having their firepower at least makes sense...them getting outgunned by the VAMPIRE COAST on the other hand...
    I dont talk about V.Coat but Dwarf and Empire. Where Dwarf range can have so armor, and still powerfull range, Empire range is paper, and have broken mechanic like repeaster handgun or no hero who buff range firepower. With new Skaven addition, they have nothing. Rat sniper will make quick work of Franz in air, or Volkmar on Altar of sigmar.

Rat high firepower should come with cost, doing damage to own, not in game.
    I'm talking about the Empire and Dwarfs being outgunned by the Vmapire Coast...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,055
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Now CA can remove Empire from game. Rat got better firepower then both Dwarf and Empire. Range Empire focus army can be removed, who will cry.

The Rats having their firepower at least makes sense...them getting outgunned by the VAMPIRE COAST on the other hand...
    I don't talk about V.Coat but Dwarf and Empire. Where Dwarf range can have so armor, and still powerful range, Empire range is paper, and have broken mechanic like repeaster handgun or no hero who buff range firepower. With new Skaven addition, they have nothing. Rat sniper will make quick work of Franz in air, or Volkmar on Altar of Sigmar.

You missed the point, the Skaven can rival and even surpass the Empire Tech Lore-Wise, but when Zombies are able to outgunned the Empire then it's don't make much sense, also the Empire's artillery pieces can backfire too in the tabletop, so it was going both ways. :)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/TotalWarWarhammerII
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,230

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

I dont talk about V.Coat but Dwarf and Empire. Where Dwarf range can have so armor, and still powerfull range, Empire range is paper, and have broken mechanic like repeaster handgun or no hero who buff range firepower. With new Skaven addition, they have nothing. Rat sniper will make quick work of Franz in air, or Volkmar on Altar of sigmar.

They are Undead, Ca love undead, so yea. I see BRetonnai rework didnt bring new hero or units, I have bad feeling Empire will get same ****. So i just have to live with Empire who outgunned by undead walking cropses.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,659
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

They are Undead, Ca love undead, so yea. I see BRetonnai rework didnt bring new hero or units, I have bad feeling Empire will get same ****. So i just have to live with Empire who outgunned by undead walking cropses.
    Bretonnia has all it's units and Heroes though.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

They could get new archers unit, quite lorefull. And sorry, but how many new units Ca made to add V.coast and all are fine with it, but Bretonnia or We cant get more ?! Why not ?

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,014

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Brettonia got more than what it had on the TT.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,127
    CA are aware that the Empire is the most popular faction. We also know that in terms of types of DLC or updates they get batter, as CA take on feedback. This tells me that the Empire will be the final WH1 race to be updated, but that said, it will be the best update.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

So what, V.Coast get even more, that is hardly good argument by now. Bretonnia never made into 8 edition, they should get more.

CA are aware that the Empire is the most popular faction. We also know that in terms of types of DLC or updates they get batter, as CA take on feedback. This tells me that the Empire will be the final WH1 race to be updated, but that said, it will be the best update.

Somehow I doubt that. CA prove me this, by not give us proper free LL in game 1 cycle.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

So what, V.Coast get even more, that is hardly good argument by now. Bretonnia never made into 8 edition, they should get more.

Somehow I doubt that. CA prove me this, by not give us proper free LL in game 1 cycle.
    The 4 LL count was something CA decided to do in game 2 and they did exactly the same to other factions in game 1, they upgrade and add a LL and shift them on the map.

The fact is they will give Empire a decent upgrade as it is the most popular faction. That's a fact.
    Quite looking forward to the streams. I'll watch a bit tonight / tomorrow morning.

It'll be a good way to see what strategies will work in campaign.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

The 4 LL count was something CA decided to do in game 2 and they did exactly the same to other factions in game 1, they upgrade and add a LL and shift them on the map.

The fact is they will give Empire a decent upgrade as it is the most popular faction. That's a fact.
    What are you talking about. GS, Dawi, Vamp got 3 LL with cross dlc and 4th free apart from Empire. Game 2 have nothing to do with it.

You dont know what Empire will get from CA. I dont belive it will be special or spectacular. I think, most will be disappointed
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,888
    Errr, was Bretonnia's patch revealed? As far as I was aware we only had a teaser of the changes so far?
    The whole undercities thing is going to be quite interesting too. I don't think it'll be the "optimal" way to play, but certainly could be fun to set one up far away from your normal base of operations or where you're planning to expand but not for a while.

Also curious how they'll do the city battles of Skaven rising up.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

They could get new archers unit, quite lorefull. And sorry, but how many new units CA made to add V.coast and all are fine with it, but Bretonnia or We cant get more ?! Why not ?
    Well the Vampire Coast units was in a DLC, not an FLC, and they had smaller roster than Bretonnia.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

What are you talking about. GS, Dawi, Vamp got 3 LL with cross dlc and 4th free apart from Empire. Game 2 have nothing to do with it.

You dont know what Empire will get from CA. I dont belive it will be special or spectacular. I think, most will be disappointed
    How many LLs do Bretonnia have? Beastmen? Wood Elves?

As to the second paragraph.. you must be the life of the party. Cheer up, judging by the response the latest DLC has I think it's fair to say people are happy with CA's current work.

It's a fact that CA knows Empire is the most popular faction; they have said they will be adding more lords; They clearly listen (this DLC).. what evidence do you have to support your claim?

Now I know there'll be a certain group will have something to strop about, but in the end I think they prefer that condition, they don't know how else to be.
    edited April 2019

The whole undercities thing is going to be quite interesting too. I don't think it'll be the "optimal" way to play, but certainly could be fun to set one up far away from your normal base of operations or where you're planning to expand but not for a while.

Well the Skaven needed the hidden caves more than the Vampire Coast and it might allow the Skaven to get more food, something that the Vampire Coast don't need to worry about.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

How many LLs do Bretonnia have? Beastmen? Wood Elves?

As to the second paragraph.. you must be the life of the party. Cheer up, judging by the response the latest DLC has I think it's fair to say people are happy with CA's current work.

It's a fact that CA knows Empire is the most popular faction; they have said they will be adding more lords; They clearly listen (this DLC).. what evidence do you have to support your claim?

Now I know there'll be a certain group will have something to strop about, but in the end I think they prefer that condition, they don't know how else to be.
    I compere core faction, that is Empire, GS, Dawi, Vamps. As in game 2, core faction are HE, DE, LM, Skavens, and if all end up with 4 LL, only Empire is that worst for no reason. Only truth you says, it that DLC faction in game 2, got 4 LL, and in that, game 1 dlc factions are harmed by CA.

People are always happy when CA throw stuff, because they had to wait for so long. Its not matter of quality at this point. Skaven get cool stuff, but Bretonnia, I dont think so.

We will see that Empire new Lord, because right now, Empire didnt get free LL from game 1.

"what evidence do you have to support your claim? Simple really, no free LL in game 1. Ano no, if Empire will get 4 LL and for example GS or Vamp will get another one, it still no fair to Empire, and i think you know why.
    Tayvar said:

Well the Skaven needed the hidden caves more than the Vampire Coast and it might allow the Skaven to get more food, something that the Vampire Coast don't need to worry about.
    I think Skaven will receive extra food bonuses as they need food for the new workshop upgrade.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,327

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Ignoring the fact that this poll ( https://www.strawpoll.me/17735966/r ) is probably one of the most biased and manipulative constructs ever created on these forums it also is too soon to judge it after few hours.

Calling an obviously excited person's for-fun strawpoll biased and manipulative? This forum isn't Gallup you know, none of these strawpolls should be taken without a pinch of salt, including the one with Stormfiends (which were almost certainly never going to be added due to their being ET).

And whilst I would have loved to see a Skink Oracle, it would not have been a 1:1 with RCS Chief, as it would have required a Troglodon model. This is a big pack with a lot of new stuff, unfortunately they seem not to have had the resources to add Trog or Verminlord which is sad, but I do not see why people are complaining about this epic pack, pretty much just because it isn't absolutely perfect.
    Oh it could very well be just over the top fun poll but it still is manipulative and can't be taken seriously.

People complain because CA prioritised terrible models. It was easy to 'guess' what players want, even without the poll. You need to follow 'big and bad' and you always arrive at the most wanted results.
    Obviously a silly and fun strawpoll can't be taken seriously, how you can possibly call something silly biased or manipulative is odd - how can a silly poll manipulate anyone at all?

Terrible models? That is highly subjective, just as what players want is. What you class as big and bad others might catagorise as redundant and gaudy. You are projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase and using a poll on a forum that had what? A few hundred votes? As evidence.

The trailer currently has 10K likes to 71 dislikes, this is far better evidence of preference. Not perfect, but it seems playerbase are pretty happy.
    The wording still holds its sway no matter the intention.

Yes, mostly remodels. I don't speak on their quality.

Do you honestly think the results would change if there were 10.000 votes? People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

They are happy with the cinematic, that's for sure. I like it too. And I like it a lot.
    Well I want more gobbos, so nyah!
    Don't you want literally the biggest goblin of them all?
    I am da biggest gobbo of dem all. Anyfing bigger dan me iz pointless unless it haz wheelz. Yeah? Dredd Soreyan? Phah! Never heard ov it!
    Ya'z da fastah kart boss in me ole world!
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Ignoring the fact that this poll ( https://www.strawpoll.me/17735966/r ) is probably one of the most biased and manipulative constructs ever created on these forums it also is too soon to judge it after few hours.

Calling an obviously excited person's for-fun strawpoll biased and manipulative? This forum isn't Gallup you know, none of these strawpolls should be taken without a pinch of salt, including the one with Stormfiends (which were almost certainly never going to be added due to their being ET).

And whilst I would have loved to see a Skink Oracle, it would not have been a 1:1 with RCS Chief, as it would have required a Troglodon model. This is a big pack with a lot of new stuff, unfortunately they seem not to have had the resources to add Trog or Verminlord which is sad, but I do not see why people are complaining about this epic pack, pretty much just because it isn't absolutely perfect.
    Oh it could very well be just over the top fun poll but it still is manipulative and can't be taken seriously.

People complain because CA prioritised terrible models. It was easy to 'guess' what players want, even without the poll. You need to follow 'big and bad' and you always arrive at the most wanted results.
    Obviously a silly and fun strawpoll can't be taken seriously, how you can possibly call something silly biased or manipulative is odd - how can a silly poll manipulate anyone at all?

Terrible models? That is highly subjective, just as what players want is. What you class as big and bad others might catagorise as redundant and gaudy. You are projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase and using a poll on a forum that had what? A few hundred votes? As evidence.

The trailer currently has 10K likes to 71 dislikes, this is far better evidence of preference. Not perfect, but it seems playerbase are pretty happy.

Do you honestly think the results would change if there were 10.000 votes? People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

They are happy with the cinematic, that's for sure. I like it too. And I like it a lot.
    Its a lighthearted poll, it is absurd to cast it as manipulative, it has no will behind it to shape opinion, it is simply an expression of somebody's happyness with the pack.

You want this, many others may want units that increase the strategy element in their strategy game, and may priorotise that over a unit which offers little to nothing in that area (Dread Saurian). Or they may be fans of the warhammer fantasy setting and be dead set against ET units additions (Stormfiends). There are as many different preferences as there are players, you are simply projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase.

Edit, now the trailer is running 11K likes to 75 dislikes
    Sure it is but intentions don't go in pair with practise as proved by those who quote thiat poll.

Say what you will but Troglodon leads with one point in this poll https://www.strawpoll.me/17688091/r . I don't deny TT purists have their own special tastes but I'm speaking about TW:WH players in general. Big and bad is the way to go. CA actions illustrate it pretty well.

Again, I'm not surprised. It is a really good trailer.
    Kayosiv said:

People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

You. You want those things. Some people agree with you. Don't conflate you or some people with everyone.
    Is this why CA is producing large units/monster heavy armies lately? Hmmmmm I'm sure it is a coincidence.
    I understand what you are saying, I am also disappointed that the Troglodon didn't make it in. But I have to say, to get two out of three and a few good surprises mixed in (like getting Lord Kroak). So all in all I understand where you coming from but I would have to say that CA did a fantastic job regardless.
    It might be the best LP so far but personally I wouldn't call CA's job fantastic. Little to show for 6 months of waiting. They have increased the price of LP by 1 euro. They could up it by 3, 6 or even 8 and include all missing units or at least the ones that are most craved after. In my book there is no excuse for the same wait time as Campaign Pack but without the same amount of quantity and quality.
    It's a lord pack though! They've marketed it as a smaller DLC that's around half the price of a campaign pack. Increasing the cost by more than a couple of pounds would mean it no longer falls under a small dlc and everyone would take a fit about the other lord packs being left out since they came first. Look at what happened when the game 2 campaign packs came with 4 lords instead of 2.

You are being highly unrealistic, what you wanted was never going to happen.

If CA had came out and said it was going to be an entirely different size pack and cost twice the amount then sure but they didn't so it's comparable to all the other lord packs
    They have already created upgradd version of Race Packs in the form of Campaign Packs. They should have upgraded quality of Lord Pack too. It is only natural that every next DLC should be better than the previous one. What happened? Some complaints but first and foremost great benefits for the game.

It is not. We have waited 6 months for it. Time is the most important resource.
    The last two lord packs(including this one) are vastly higher quality than the previous ones. Just because you didn't get what you want doesn't mean it's not of a higher quality.

Campaign packs have been vastly higher quality as well for game 2. Yeah it takes longer but they are essentially creating the dlc for 2 games because of the vortex and mortal empires.

Also we even get huge amounts of flc features and old world race re works with the game 2 DLC'S. What did we get with game 1 DLC's as FLC ? A few lords and some empire wizards.

I'd say that's plenty, at the end of the day you aren't entitled to anything. They tell you the cost and what that gets you. If you don't like it then don't buy it
    We didn't get Campaign Packs but Race Packs in Game1. Wierd that creating Campaign Pack and Lord Pack take the same amount of time in Game2. Cheap excuse.

Well that's just not true. Both Beastmen and Wood Elves were campaign packs. Campaign packs just used to have mini-campaigns in them, but people didn't like that and so CA listened and instead, for game 2, swapped out the mini-campaign for 2 more LLs and more units.
    Later
    Tayvar said:

Thing is it's not the pirate cove mechanic. This is distinctly different and sounds like it's significantly better.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,832

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

I am da biggest gobbo of dem all. Anyfing bigger dan me iz pointless unless it haz wheelz. Yeah? Dredd Soreyan? Phah! Never heard ov it!
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Its a lighthearted poll, it is absurd to cast it as manipulative, it has no will behind it to shape opinion, it is simply an expression of somebody's happyness with the pack.

You want this, many others may want units that increase the strategy element in their strategy game, and may priorotise that over a unit which offers little to nothing in that area (Dread Saurian). Or they may be fans of the warhammer fantasy setting and be dead set against ET units additions (Stormfiends). There are as many different preferences as there are players, you are simply projecting your preferences on the entire playerbase.

Sure it is but intentions don't go in pair with practise as proved by those who quote thiat poll.

Say what you will but Troglodon leads with one point in this poll https://www.strawpoll.me/17688091/r . I don't deny TT purists have their own special tastes but I'm speaking about TW:WH players in general. Big and bad is the way to go. CA actions illustrate it pretty well.

Kayosiv said:

People want big, bad things that scream 'rah rah power fantasy'. CA knows it well and this is why they prioritise monster heavy armies. It is not rocket science that Stormfiend, basically space marine rat will outshine razor unicycle or a pack of rats. The same goes for Dread Saurian. The bigger the dinosaur the better, if it is a carnivorous dino that is.

You. You want those things. Some people agree with you. Don't conflate you or some people with everyone.
    Is this why CA is producing large units/monster heavy armies lately? Hmmmmm I'm sure it is a coincidence.
    I understand what you are saying, I am also disappointed that the Troglodon didn't make it in. But I have to say, to get two out of three and a few good surprises mixed in (like getting Lord Kroak). So all in all I understand where you coming from but I would have to say that CA did a fantastic job regardless.
    It might be the best LP so far but personally I wouldn't call CA's job fantastic. Little to show for 6 months of waiting. They have increased the price of LP by 1 euro. They could up it by 3, 6 or even 8 and include all missing units or at least the ones that are most craved after. In my book there is no excuse for the same wait time as Campaign Pack but without the same amount of quantity and quality.
    It's a lord pack though! They've marketed it as a smaller DLC that's around half the price of a campaign pack. Increasing the cost by more than a couple of pounds would mean it no longer falls under a small dlc and everyone would take a fit about the other lord packs being left out since they came first. Look at what happened when the game 2 campaign packs came with 4 lords instead of 2.

If CA had came out and said it was going to be an entirely different size pack and cost twice the amount then sure but they didn't so it's comparable to all the other lord packs
    They have already created upgradd version of Race Packs in the form of Campaign Packs. They should have upgraded quality of Lord Pack too. It is only natural that every next DLC should be better than the previous one. What happened? Some complaints but first and foremost great benefits for the game.

The last two lord packs(including this one) are vastly higher quality than the previous ones. Just because you didn't get what you want doesn't mean it's not of a higher quality.

Campaign packs have been vastly higher quality as well for game 2. Yeah it takes longer but they are essentially creating the dlc for 2 games because of the vortex and mortal empires.

Also we even get huge amounts of flc features and old world race re works with the game 2 DLC'S. What did we get with game 1 DLC's as FLC ? A few lords and some empire wizards.

I'd say that's plenty, at the end of the day you aren't entitled to anything. They tell you the cost and what that gets you. If you don't like it then don't buy it
    We didn't get Campaign Packs but Race Packs in Game1. Wierd that creating Campaign Pack and Lord Pack take the same amount of time in Game2. Cheap excuse.

Well that's just not true. Both Beastmen and Wood Elves were campaign packs. Campaign packs just used to have mini-campaigns in them, but people didn't like that and so CA listened and instead, for game 2, swapped out the mini-campaign for 2 more LLs and more units.
    We called them Race Packs back then. Campaign Pack is rebranded Game2 addition.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

edited April 2019

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

No, Chaos and Norsca were race packs. Beastmen and Wood Elves were campaign packs. The name is actually a reference to the fact they had the mini-campaigns in them. If you don't believe me, how about CA themselves:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-beastmen/

From CA's own page for the Beastmen: "The Call of The Beastmen Campaign Pack introduces the Beastmen as a playable race to Total War: WARHAMMER."

From their blog: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-downloadable-content-blog/
    "Race Packs

Race Packs introduce a new playable Race to the game, either as a first appearance, or adding a full Unit roster, Heroes, Lords and playable Legendary Lords to non-playable existing races in the core game. They might typically include:

A new playable Race added to the Grand Campaign and Multiplayer game.
    New Legendary Lords with their own narrative quest chains, campaign bonuses and quest items.
    New Lords to serve as generals.
    New Race-specific Heroes (where applicable).
    New magic items and mounts.
    Race-specific unique Units.
    Race-specific building, technology and skill trees.
    An example of a Race Pack is ‘Call of the Beastmen’.

Campaign Packs

A supercharged version of a Race Pack, Campaign Packs not only contain a brand new Race for use in the Grand Campaign and Multiplayer, but also add a new Challenge Campaign to the game. Themed on an epic event from the Warhammer Lore, these self-contained Campaigns will present a distinct and challenging scenario. Contents typically include:

A new Challenge Campaign featuring the Pack’s new Race; a self-contained mini-campaign, with a set of escalating victory conditions to suit both new and very experienced veteran players alike.
    Adds a new playable Race to the Grand Campaign and Multiplayer game.
    New Legendary Lords with their own narrative quest chains, campaign bonuses and quest items.
    New Race-specific Heroes.
    New Lords to serve as generals.
    New magic items and mounts.
    New Race-specific, unique Units.
    New Race-specific building, technology and skill trees.
    An example of a Campaign Pack is ‘Bretonnia’."
    Later
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,832
    edited April 2019

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

No, Chaos and Norsca were race packs. Beastmen and Wood Elves were campaign packs. The name is actually a reference to the fact they had the mini-campaigns in them. If you don't believe me, how about CA themselves:

From CA's own page for the Beastmen: "The Call of The Beastmen Campaign Pack introduces the Beastmen as a playable race to Total War: WARHAMMER."
    I'm surprised. Memory fails me. Most people referred to them as 'Race Packs' at that point of time, at least on these forums.

EDIT:

Well, those posts come from 2017. People were stuck in their 'race pack' ways probably because of WoC since 2016.

In this case it was not a rebranding but redefinition. Still, rebranding or redefinition is direly needed for Lord Pack.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2019
    I just realized that the Prophet is going to REK one of my favorites...Tomb Kings lol. Those salamanders are gonna def take advantage of their weakness to fire damage esp if the ancient ones add a further debuff lol plus that crazy satellite beam of death (is that Engine of the Gods?) Seems solar so would probably cause fire damage.

I bet those Jezzails are gonna punch holes in constructs too and those Doomflayers look like they'll mulch the skeleton infantry....gonna be fun watching these crazy new units go up against all the factions!

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

I'm surprised. Memory fails me. Most people referred to them as 'Race Packs' at that point of time, at least on these forums.

EDIT:

Well, those posts come from 2017. People were stuck in their 'race pack' ways probably because of WoC since 2016.

In this case it was not a rebranding but redefinition. Still, rebranding or redefinition is direly needed for Lord Pack.
    Agree there. And they changed the campaign packs definitely for the better. No reason they couldn’t make a new, better version of a lord pack too. I’d be happy with a campaign pack price lord pack with all 4 races.
    Later
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Kayosiv said:

EDIT:

Agree there. And they changed the campaign packs definitely for the better. No reason they couldn’t make a new, better version of a lord pack too. I’d be happy with a campaign pack price lord pack with all 4 races.
    Might be necessary. LM and Skaven were left in the dust behind the Elves for far too long. RoR are pretty big in MP too.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,717
    Ares354 said:

Skaven are a race that has had good firepower. They've logged a slurry of multiple ranged types effectively for multiple editions. They could trade with the better factions on that sometimes. It's not without precedence. Just because one race is supposed to be the best doesn't mean the rest are terrible at it. In fact, the lore books usually overplay their actual abilities especially once you look at the actual stats.

Vampire Coast is the one that should have shoddy ranged, but wooboy.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,888
    "What mighty contests rise from trivial things" - Alexander Pope.

^-- dis thread.
    Itharus said:

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things" - Alexander Pope.

^-- dis thread.

Nothing good has ever come from discussion and learning new things.
    Later
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,812
    Itharus said:

Reading all these threads that are mad about not getting more stuff in their new dlc that has more stuff than the last one makes me think of this:

Being someone that has to read 'all' these threads and comments, this is in the back of my mind while sorting through them. (Well done)

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin