since a few hours ago me and a friend of mine can not host games anymore (neither online, nor local works). If we try, we get the message: "Error - failed to host game".
My current build (after reinstalling, see below) is:
- v1.5.1 Build
- 9466.1570905 (modded - tried without, see below)
Everything worked just fine up until around six hours ago (which was when we last played).
So far I tried (unsuccesfully):
- different saves & hosting a new campaign (nothing worked, hence I did not upload any save files)
- disabling all mods
- restarting everything (soft.- & hardware) multiple times
- checking firewall, antivirus and router configuration (even tried it without all of those)
- verifying game data through steam
- remove & redownload/reinstall the complete game (again using steam)
- I was originally using the coast beta and tested it "vanilla-style" after reinstalling, with the same result
Said friend could fix this issue by using a VPN client and masking his IP as french, which would maybe suggest a routing issue, since we both do not live in Western Europa (Austria and the Czech Republic).
I am no expert tho, so this could of course be totally unrelated. I would appreciate any help you can offer in resolving this problem. If you need more information, please feel free to ask.
Thank you in advance!