Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tiktaqto Lord of the Skies Wins

Comments

• Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    Wasn't expecting him in the least. I would have picked someone else too.

Still, it's extremely funny to see people cry salty tears over a game.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,583
    edited April 2019
    He's half free, stop complaning guys :D
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• BeelzeBeelze Registered Users Posts: 283
    Well, it is free so I cant really complain, and there are some out there that will like him I guess.

But, I will never play this LL, not my cup of tea.
  • CA_EllaCA_Ella Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 336
    Hi, folks.

So a bit of insight into our decision.

The reason why our free lords tend to be lesser known is because they're also usually more isolated in the lore. Our paid DLC packs usually focus on a rivalry, so it makes sense to us to use more well-known LLs in the DLC as it's easier to match them up against other characters.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,368

Guys, I think we should stop complaining. He's a half free FLC!

Why?. Should we be always happy when CA throw guano at us ? Because that LL is just that.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,883
    Dragantis said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

He sure has unique gameplay, tho.

they have three flying units, why a sky focused lord. high pointy's have like 6
    So what? Now they probably can get a reasonable airforce with those 3 going.
    still nakai, go rok that floating skink, oxycotl they were there right there
    Nakai was not now or ever going to be a LL.

He directly has a rule he doesn't lead armies.

His race is dumb as a box of rocks.

His theme is the one off hero that bursts out and then leaves.

Only people who championed had the loosest knowledge of the lore from people who read his tiny footnotes.

In otherwords, Nakai hype people ignored all the giant red flags that would have saved them that blatantly obvious disappointment.
    At least Nakai look cool, Tiktaqto look like evry other skink lord.
    Thanks for proving that Nakai fans don't care about lore, don't care about any real details of Warhammer other than Nakai is super sayin 14. Woop dee la dee doo.
  • BugmansxxxBugmansxxx Registered Users Posts: 288
    edited April 2019
    Don´t care who it was but Kroxigors still have no one to buff them. Why the.. CA just does everything to make using Kroxis as uninviting as possible.

The bloody only LM unit that does not get any specific buffs from any lord or hero. How difficult would it have been to include one little skill to give them upkeep or speed or any buff at all.
    They come from tier 4 building and by the time you get them there is no damn reason to do so anymore.
  • ZelnikZelnik Registered Users Posts: 471
    How many polls? How many polls were done showing who we wanted?

Nakai and Gor Rok topped the charts over and over

Tiqtak’to barely registered.

The LEAST APPEALING OPTION.

Do you guys understand now?
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,583
    Ares354 said:

Guys, I think we should stop complaining. He's a half free FLC!

Why?. Should we be always happy when CA throw guano at us ? Because that LL is just that.
    I changed my comment in the meanwhile. It's was meant sarcastic
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• voidwrightvoidwright Registered Users Posts: 31
    Ares354 said:

I'm always amazed at how butt-hurt some people can get over free content... I'm not sure why I'm still amazed by this, as it's happened since almost the beginning of TW:W, but still.

CA, you've done a good job and I look forward to the new critter and start points.

Free or not free content should be aimed at masses and what people want. He is not good pick, you lover of CA
    Yes. I do love CA. They make games I enjoy and seem like really chill folks.

Moreover, what they should make is whatever the hell they want to make, not what you think they should make. I'd recommend you not buy it because you're disappointed, but... it's free. I'd also recommend you not buy TW:W or the expansions, but if I'm guessing correctly, you already have, and always will.

BTDubs, I was hoping for TiqTaq'To… so I win?
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,432
    edited April 2019
    I mean, Gor-Rok, for all his "coolness" would've literally just been a Lizardman version of Grimgor (albeit with a shield and mace instead of great weapon, but still - a bog standard melee close combat infantry bruiser lord)

Nakai is a green knight figure, so I suppose it was always very unlikely to get anything with him.

Tiq'taq'to is.... Fine. We'll see what kind of unique campaign mechanics he has.

I mean, Tretch and Alith Anar have turned out to be some of the most fun LLs to play - who knows how TTT will play like.
    CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

The reason why our free lords tend to be lesser known is because they're also usually more isolated in the lore. Our paid DLC packs usually focus on a rivalry, so it makes sense to us to use more well-known LLs in the DLC as it's easier to match them up against other characters.

Hi, you lie.

The reason why you pust no name Ghorst vs Volkmar was based on what ? what kind of rivalry ? Pls.
    CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

This, this is a very interesting bit of knowledge. If FLC lords are in fact chosen because they don't have good match ups or are in fact not the popular ones...

However to the rest of you, like Drax, I never felt Tik would be a bad choice but rather an air focus we didn't' have. I didn't think he would necessarily be the one and championed Lord Kroak. But really, he happened to.. so is that like a 50% right or...?
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,124
    Nyxilis said:

Dragantis said:

Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

He sure has unique gameplay, tho.

they have three flying units, why a sky focused lord. high pointy's have like 6
    So what? Now they probably can get a reasonable airforce with those 3 going.
    still nakai, go rok that floating skink, oxycotl they were there right there
    Nakai was not now or ever going to be a LL.

He directly has a rule he doesn't lead armies.

His race is dumb as a box of rocks.

His theme is the one off hero that bursts out and then leaves.

Only people who championed had the loosest knowledge of the lore from people who read his tiny footnotes.

In otherwords, Nakai hype people ignored all the giant red flags that would have saved them that blatantly obvious disappointment.
    At least Nakai look cool, Tiktaqto look like evry other skink lord.
    Thanks for proving that Nakai fans don't care about lore, don't care about any real details of Warhammer other than Nakai is super sayin 14. Woop dee la dee doo.
    Hey now, I freely admit I don't care that much about the lore.
    Ares354 said:

CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

Hi, you lie.

The reason why you pust no name Ghorst vs Volkmar was based on what ? what kind of rivalry ? Pls.
    There is story for it, please learn the lore even if it's obscure.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    edited April 2019
    Ares354 said:

CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

Hi, you lie.

Man, you really need to tone down your bitterness. Empire unfortunately had the first pack which was themed around Sigmar's Blood campaign. It wasn't the best, but it is good that CA are improving on those areas. The empire will definitely get an overhaul, it is just a matter of time.

Personally I prefer their overhaul to coincide with a campaign pack. Bigger budget for more free content.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 871
    Nyxilis said:

This really isn’t funny. Well I guess it’s funny in a sad funny type of way. Two bad asses available and they pull this ****. Seriously who makes these decisions over at CA??? Tretch and now this? Lazy ass idiots. I know it’s “flc” but if they are just going to skip better characters and get our hopes up for cool characters then don’t even bother adding these nobodies.

Lazy has nothing to do with it. Go-rok would have been the easier one to do. He's just a bruiser.

Nakai was a pipe dream for people who don't understand the lore. It was never going to happen.
    Lazy has everything to do with it. A skink priest reskin vs a badass saurus with a unique shield and melee weapon or a badass Kroxigor with a unique start position. Would be awesome to start in Albion then you could wander wherever you wanted. You could invade Norsca or High Elves or the Northern tribes or Dark Elves or in ME go south east for Brettonia. Would have been a very unique campaign. Also I’m sorry I called CA “ass” and “idiots. I let my disappointment get the better of me. I removed it. I was really looking forward to the reveal today. You aren’t ass
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 416
    EVERYONE SAYING GOR ROK/NAKAI WILL BE THE FLC AND START IN ALBION CAN SUCK IT, HAHAHAHHAHAHA.
    ALBION RACE PACK DLC 2020 BOIS
  • xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Registered Users Posts: 892
    BRiiTASH2 said:

EVERYONE SAYING GOR ROK/NAKAI WILL BE THE FLC AND START IN ALBION CAN SUCK IT, HAHAHAHHAHAHA.
    ALBION RACE PACK DLC 2020 BOIS

Now that never gonna happen honestly they dont have a roster really
    Nyxilis said:

Ares354 said:

CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

Hi, you lie.

There is story for it, please learn the lore even if it's obscure.
    Feel free to put me in right direction.
    Nemox said:

Ares354 said:

CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

Hi, you lie.

Man, you really need to tone down your bitterness. Empire unfortunately had the first pack which was themed around Sigmar's Blood campaign. It wasn't the best, but it is good that CA are improving on those areas. The empire will definitely get an overhaul, it is just a matter of time.

Personally I prefer their overhaul to coincide with a campaign pack. Bigger budget for more free content.
    I speak as I wish, as long as I dont break regulation of this forum. Empire got worst ROR base of Sigmar blood, NO FANS ask for, WE where rob of true ROR Empire get like Aldorf Company of Honor. It was worst DLC ever made, even BM are better. And what Empire overhaul will bring, rightfull ROR ? 2 LL ? subfaction ? Dont make me laught.
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    Ares354 said:

CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

Hi, you lie.

Uhh, salty.
    I'm guessing if you don't know the lore then it doesn't exist.

Nyxilis said:

This really isn’t funny. Well I guess it’s funny in a sad funny type of way. Two bad asses available and they pull this ****. Seriously who makes these decisions over at CA??? Tretch and now this? Lazy ass idiots. I know it’s “flc” but if they are just going to skip better characters and get our hopes up for cool characters then don’t even bother adding these nobodies.

Lazy has nothing to do with it. Go-rok would have been the easier one to do. He's just a bruiser.

Nakai was a pipe dream for people who don't understand the lore. It was never going to happen.
    Lazy has everything to do with it. A skink priest reskin vs a badass saurus with a unique shield and melee weapon or a badass Kroxigor with a unique start position. Would be awesome to start in Albion then you could wander wherever you wanted. You could invade Norsca or High Elves or the Northern tribes or Dark Elves or in ME go south east for Brettonia. Would have been a very unique campaign. Also I’m sorry I called CA “ass” and “idiots. I let my disappointment get the better of me. I removed it. I was really looking forward to the reveal today. You aren’t ass
    Lazy implies they did it because it would have been harder to do, harder programming, harder to design, or more resources to make.

Not one of those things is true. He is a melee no mount lord, he's a reskin with unique weapons. The weapons would be all they would have to model. Easy to program because he's just a melee lore.

You have no idea for his start position. Could have been unique. Tik still fills an area of the map that was otherwise empty and gives Queek someone to bother him to the north.

So yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with lazy. Design choice, yes. You don't agree with that fine. But lazy? No.

Ares354 said:

CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

Hi, you lie.

Uhh, salty.
    I'm guessing if you don't know the lore then it doesn't exist.
    What lore ?
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
    P disappointed but I guess it's free. Def won't get hyped again about FLC lord reveals as they seem to pick the wordt, but at least the dlc is good. P awful idea honestly since half of the two flying units are behind a paywall but hey whoever makes these decisions sure isn't paid to think
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 284
    Sad...i hate skinks...i rly do
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 733
    Mount focused Tretch 2.0....who starts without his mounts and one of them is locked behind a paywall.

So.....Gor-Rok, Nakai = too many charlemagnes?

#FORGHORGON
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,893
    I'm not even mad it isn't Tetto'eko, all I wanted was for Gor Rok vs Nakai to break down under a Skink LL. Especially Nakai.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,448
    Honestly this is so **** funny 😂

I like the lore of that guy so much he is such a **** badass.

I honestly did not think he would make it as Gor Rok and Nakai are so much more popular, but im honestly not sad that its him. I always wanted him, but the fact that he was fighting for Hexoatl and the fact that Nakai and Gor were much more popular made me loose hope into this skink !

But he is a hell of a badass a im exeited to see him

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,054
    edited April 2019
    CA_Ella said:

Hi, folks.

I think it does have to be noted that after Kroak was made a Legendary Hero, there wasn't really a clear choice to be made.

The core Lizardmen characters were always Mazdamundi, Kroq-Gar, Tehenhuain, and Lord Kroak. Everything else is either pre-6E only, a 7E introduction, or in Nakai's case, a 6E introduction that was never mentioned afterwards.

Gor-Rok, Tetto'eko, and Tiktaq'to were all relatively minor characters - hero choices.

Gor-Rok, for all the cult following he had, probably had the least potential for unique campaign mechanics. People made a big deal about being a tanky foot lord, but the only intuitive possibility for campaign mechanics he could be offered - unless CA did take the approach of making Kroak his mechanic, which had problems even before we found out how Kroak had actually been implemented - is being good with other Saurus. Which is already Kroq-Gar's thing.

Tetto'eko and Tiktaq'to both had more potential for mechanics... and let's face it, both have had more chances to shine in the fluff as well.

Tetto'eko's main claim to fame was being really good at Celestial magic despite still being technically a level 2 wizard. In combat, though, I'm not sure how he'd be distinguished from a Lore of Heavens Slann. In campaign, he could be given mechanics related to his gift of prophecy, but... that'd be awkward to do, and even then, there's a degree to which his reputation largely comes from being the one to use prognostication on a day-to-day basis while the Slann are busy contemplating the bigger picture (or their navels, which they technically shouldn't have, but the spot where their navels shouldn't be is still a bigger picture than most Skinks).

Tiktaq'to, on the other hand... has a clear hook. He's the flying lord, which buffs flying units. The point that Tehenhauin can be put on a Ripperdactyl (even though he couldn't on tabletop) is a valid one, but Tiktaq'to is a specialist, not just someone who just happens to have a flying mount available.

The one thing that's a little odd is that Tik's a Hexoatl boy, so that makes 3 out of 4 LLs part of Mazdamundi's squad. Mind you, 3 out of 4 HE LLs are Tyrion, his twin, and his girlfriend, so there's precedent there.

It does make sense. It's something I haven't been saying a lot, because it wasn't worth fighting the bandwagons on. But now I've got my Smug Aura Of Called It to sit in. B)

Mount focused Tretch 2.0....who starts without his mounts and one of them is locked behind a paywall.

So.....Gor-Rok, Nakai = too many charlemagnes?

If you care about the LM and Tiktak why would you really plan not to buy it?

Nakai was never going to be a LL stop including him there like he ever had a real chance.