Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blightscab's Plaguepack

davedave1124davedave1124 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 9,055
Anyone else think these guys will really push the Skaven up in MP games? Their stats are ok but it's their demegoguery ability that will really help the Skaven. Stick the in the centre of a load of clan rats and you have a very solid wall of infantry. Add this to the weapon teams and the Skaven are looking pretty good.

Comments

• BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    edited April 2019
    Jezalin RoR?

Jezalin would fit good vs any race
  • Valnir19Valnir19 Registered Users Posts: 4
    I like them a lot. They'll definitely help you hold the center a bit longer. At the highest levels people don't use elite infantry that much so I don't think they'll get much play there but I can't wait to use them.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,055
    Valnir19 said:

I like them a lot. They'll definitely help you hold the center a bit longer. At the highest levels people don't use elite infantry that much so I don't think they'll get much play there but I can't wait to use them.

I usually see a Plague Monk or Stormvermin Halberds, so I think they give such a strong buff to nearby units I'd say they may be pretty popular. They do look like the most useful RoR. Will certainly be trying them out on MP.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2019
    Given that they potentially make up for such an overall (intended) weakness of the Skaven, I just hope we don't end up with it being near-mandatory or something. Always boring when that happens.
  • Valnir19Valnir19 Registered Users Posts: 4

Valnir19 said:

I usually see a Plague Monk or Stormvermin Halberds, so I think they give such a strong buff to nearby units I'd say they may be pretty popular. They do look like the most useful RoR. Will certainly be trying them out on MP.
    I might put the Council Guard slightly above the plague pack, especially if I take Skrolk as it will make him more survivable fighting in the front line.
  • DracoknightDracoknight Registered Users Posts: 281
    The "problem" with these units that gives out important buffs like this is that it allows for "wider" playstyles where you can now take Ikit which is a super fast lord by Skaven standards, but that makes the skaven masses weaker due to the lack of nearby leadership to keep troops in line.

So the ROR is a good alternative to keep around to make Terror and fear less of a threat, while the Guard let other less competitive hero choices more survivable to keep giving leadership in the lords absence.

Personally one of my main ways of dealing with leadership problems on a wider scale was using assassins spread in my forces after they have taken down the VIP, or using a plague engine, plus having a Skaven lord on a bell and using the abilities as soon as they are off cooldown really helps.

A immune to psychology core, a unbreakable character bodyguard unit, an alternative to Rat ogres and ligher long range options have given the Skaven a lot to work with.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,055
    Yeah I don't think these new RoR make them a 1 trick pony as you can still use old strategies but with better options.

One I've seen is use 3 Warp Lightening cannons (protected by chaff) and 2 Doomwheels. Push the Doomwheels forward as well as your LL, the chances are the opposing player will immediately attack your Doomwheels and your LL with their best units - focus fire on their best units. The Plaguepack in this case could really support the chaff defending the Warp Lightening Cannons.