Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA is surprisingly quiet about Bretonnia

FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,932Registered Users
So far we have not seen any gameplay of the Bretonnia Update. You guys think there is a reason for that?

Comments

• NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,749Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

So far we have not seen any gameplay of the Bretonnia Update. You guys think there is a reason for that?

Nope, they didn't really show off the Vampire Counts all that much either. Only had a little information till the Youtubers got it and actually gave us some of the better details. Has often been that way with the FLC and there is a big reason for this...

We're not buying the FLC. All the hype is going to be pushed to what they want us to buy and thats Lizardmen and Skaven. Bretonnia is free.

Gonna have to wait till Monday when the Let's Play people finally pick them up.
  • Rolf1989Rolf1989 Posts: 260Registered Users
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,643Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

yeah, timing.

if memory serves right they also were scars on infos for the FLC update till just before the release.

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,209Registered Users
    They always stagger it.. DLC content, FLC Lord, free update.. and then.. patch notes :-)
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,491Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

Either all of the information has been said already—but they typically show something even in these cases—or there is something else they haven’t said yet—new faction? That would be great but probably not. Only two more business days left until release. I heard rumors that people heard youtubers say they can start showing things tomorrow-maybe we will hear/see something then-though if there is something new I’d imagine CA would like to be the ones to share it first.
  • DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 140Registered Users
    Rolf1989 said:

Mate, don't.

Ghorgon confirmed xD

Jk sorry, had to
  • goliath55goliath55 Posts: 248Registered Users
    I think we will see and find out tomorrow. Youtuber embargo ended a little earlier last time, the Friday before the release of Vampire Coast. I assume we may find out tomorrow as they will drop patch notes on Tuesday ?
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    Im really interested in the Bretonnia update :o
  • LevicariumLevicarium Posts: 10Registered Users
    They get the Merwyn in their stupid lake, that's why
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,842Registered Users
    Don't get your hopes up. I really think all the races should be brought up to 4 LLs at least but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Posts: 709Registered Users
    edited April 14
    I guess they will show it this week, maybe after release to advertise the game state with the doomsayer patch.

Edit: We will probably be able to read it first when they show the patch notes.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,932Registered Users

Don't get your hopes up. I really think all the races should be brought up to 4 LLs at least but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I don't expect them to add more than what they've already announced, but as I recall they did show a lot of the Vampire Counts rework on stream before, yet this time we got nothing, not even a forum post about Bretonnia. That's a weird marketing choice, I feel.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,209Registered Users
    They'll probably show Bretonnia next week, possibly in the Lionheart stream.
  • SelakahSelakah Posts: 304Registered Users
    Nyxilis said:

Nope, they didn't really show off the Vampire Counts all that much either.

This is not entirely true. CA dedicated an entire Wednesday stream to showcasing the new Vampire Counts Bloodlines mechanic and Kemmler's new faction. They even had the lead dev in charge of Warhammer DLC, Rich, join the stream to talk about the update.

We are less than 3 days away from release and we haven't heard anything about the Bretonnian update yet.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,932Registered Users

They'll probably show Bretonnia next week, possibly in the Lionheart stream.

They only have 3 days. Tomorrow the embargo lifts, and the release is Wednesday. So we're looking at something like patch notes tomorrow and bretonnia reveal tuesday. It feels very last minute, imo. I felt like they would have promoted the update more.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,312Registered Users
    Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

This is not entirely true. CA dedicated an entire Wednesday stream to showcasing the new Vampire Counts Bloodlines mechanic and Kemmler's new faction. They even had the lead dev in charge of Warhammer DLC, Rich, join the stream to talk about the update.

We are less than 3 days away from release and we haven't heard anything about the Bretonnian update yet.
    Yeah, think ths is purely a time constraint thing. With Coast they had 5 weeks to go over info, P&W they have less than 2. They will probably release a video going over new Bretonnia stuff but not do their own stream, think that's what they did when covering Dwarf update back during Q&C.
    Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Remember when that happened in comparison to the initial drop of the Vampire Coast and in comparison to the sum total of showing off the Vampire Coast? Mountain vs mole hill in comparison of times shown.

Can you say this about the first Bretonnian FLC? No.

Dwarf one? No.

Do I think their lack of giving us a Bretonnian stream means anything? Nooope, given that Bretonnia was the least popular race of game 1 I don't think it's that strong of a selling point even then.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 232Registered Users
    Nyxilis said:

Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Remember when that happened in comparison to the initial drop of the Vampire Coast and in comparison to the sum total of showing off the Vampire Coast? Mountain vs mole hill in comparison of times shown.

Dwarf one? No.

Do I think their lack of giving us a Bretonnian stream means anything? Nooope, given that Bretonnia was the least popular race of game 1 I don't think it's that strong of a selling point even then.
    I question the bit about Bretonnia being the least popular game 1 race. I mean, you ever hear of the Beastmen or Chaos? Even the Wood Elves to some degree.

The rest of your argument is solid though.

Nyxilis said:

Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Dwarf one? No.

I question the bit about Bretonnia being the least popular game 1 race. I mean, you ever hear of the Beastmen or Chaos? Even the Wood Elves to some degree.

CA published an infrographic with the the data on it. Bretonnia was least played. It's not up to debate, it's straight up fact.

And that was despite them even being free.

Something I should remind you of is Bretonnia was cancelled by Games Workshop as an army for lack of interest. Not Beastmen, and not Warriors of Chaos. So one shouldn't be to surprised it's similar in numbers here.
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Posts: 232Registered Users
    Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Dwarf one? No.

CA published an infrographic with the the data on it. Bretonnia was least played. It's not up to debate, it's straight up fact.

Something I should remind you of is Bretonnia was cancelled by Games Workshop as an army for lack of interest. Not Beastmen, and not Warriors of Chaos. So one shouldn't be to surprised it's similar in numbers here.
    I completely forgot about the infographic! You're right on that point then.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,054Registered Users
    Bretonnia was also released quite late, so there was simply less time to play them than someone like GS or Empire.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,321Registered Users
    I think the reason there is not more said is because all is already said. You’ve got the tech extras, the rejigged garrisons, the new Vow system, the slightly changed Green Knight and the mzero upkeep on Peasants when not exceeding the limit and then some form of confederation dilemma. And that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.

No new units, no new lords and no nuffink elses boss!

I am looking forward to the first cries of foul play since Old World race updates started.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,786Registered Users
    edited April 14
    Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Dwarf one? No.

that inforgraphic also includes multiplayer, which isn't entirely fair, given that they were not around for quite some time and the fact it was including 100 million battles. It does say "total battles" which means everything most likely even custom.

Looking over the infographic again, it actually has nothing to do with amount played. It's simply win rate. Not amount played.

So no you are incorrect in saying "CA said so". There's no conclusive evidence. There is no debate to be had except to say what you claim as truth is incorrect. You'd be correct in saying they win the least, but not least played.

Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Dwarf one? No.

that inforgraphic also includes multiplayer, which isn't entirely fair, given that they were not around for quite some time and the fact it was including 100 million battles. It does say "total battles" which means everything most likely even custom.

Looking over the infographic again, it actually has nothing to do with amount played. It's simply win rate. Not amount played.

So no you are incorrect in saying "CA said so". There's no conclusive evidence. There is no debate to be had except to say what you claim as truth is incorrect. You'd be correct in saying they win the least, but not least played.
    Seems you don't know how to read an infrographic. The big stat I'm talking about is 'CAMPAIGNS STARTED AS' which has nothing to do with multiplayer. I'm entirely ignoring the lowest winrate for multiplayer. Campaigns started has Bretonnia as 4%.

So it has everything to do with amount played. If you're not starting a campaign then you're not playing them.

So you are wrong. There is direct evidence right there. And you once more, don't know how to read an infrographic.

And just so people can read for themselves and easily see that I'm right and he is wrong here is the graphic:

• LeafyhLeafyh Posts: 39Registered Users
    brettonia was lauched LITERALLY one month before this infographic, what is your point?

The second comment especifically says, and i quote,

"That's awesome. :grin:
    No fair on Bretonnia though, we only just got started. ;)"

Even WE got 3 months in advance.

Leafyh said:

brettonia was lauched LITERALLY one month before this infographic, what is your point?

Still got cancelled by Games Workshop for not being popular enough~ As in not selling, money being put into them that wasn't getting good returns.

We can beat around the bush with Bretonnia. I'm happy to have them, I play them, I was a completionist and had a Bret army which cost me in excess of 500 dollars, but I do not pretend they are something they are not.
  • SnoopacSnoopac Posts: 52Registered Users
    I think it's because the changes are so minor. There's no big new mechanics like there was for Dwarves and Vampire Counts or new start positions and the update is quite subtle. So I think it just comes down to having more interesting things to show first. Maybe they'll release some patch notes showing what's exactly been changed but I don't expect them to make such a big deal out of it compared to the previous old world changes.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 4,941Registered Users
    Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Dwarf one? No.

Games Workshop rather infamously said during that period that they didn't believe in market research. What statistics I have seen, while limited in respondent numbers, seemed to indicate that Bretonnia was actually in the top 50%.

Not much in the Bretonnian list that could be made into protected IP, though. That might be the real reason they stopped developing the line.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 1,587Registered Users
    edited April 14
    Nyxilis said:

Leafyh said:

Still got cancelled by Games Workshop for not being popular enough~ As in not selling, money being put into them that wasn't getting good returns.

We can beat around the bush with Bretonnia. I'm happy to have them, I play them, I was a completionist and had a Bret army which cost me in excess of 500 dollars, but I do not pretend they are something they are not.
    You are changing the goalpost here... We are not talking about the TT. We are talking about the game. Bretonnia, in the 1 month it had been released, still managed to eek out 4% of all Campaigns started. That is a sign of HUGE popularity, not the opposite. You have completely misread the infographic and what it actually indicates...
    Draxynnic said:

Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Selakah said:

Nyxilis said:

Dwarf one? No.

Games Workshop rather infamously said during that period that they didn't believe in market research. What statistics I have seen, while limited in respondent numbers, seemed to indicate that Bretonnia was actually in the top 50%.

Not much in the Bretonnian list that could be made into protected IP, though. That might be the real reason they stopped developing the line.
    Didn't stop them from developing after that lines with the same issues. Bretonnia was never popular, there were gameshops that didn't carry their figures or made you pay upfront before they bought them in because they didn't want the risk compared to Empire or HE units the knew would sell. Even the army I had was bought off a guy dumping them to get into the Vampire Counts. He didn't sell off his other armies. I certainly never saw evidence that put them in any top 50%, and even if you don't do market research you'd have to be the literal dumbest company in the world to not know what is and is not selling.

That metric, every company knows.