Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Future Lord Packs - all the possible units, heroes, lords, LLs and LHs (merged #3)

Comments

• AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,260Registered Users
    edited April 2019

Thanks.

It's two Chariots and a monster. It's not really much and not really needed. Nice, more content is always welcome, but not needed as much as other races need their stuff.

Myself I can't get past Malus's name, it's just so cringey. Your points are good though. The other stuff that makes sense. It's stuff that could be added with FLC. So could Malus actually, he seems like a good add come game 3

I agreed that all the factions in WH2 are now functionally complete. The ones that really needs LPs (not just mechanic updates) are Game1 factions, sadly CA seem unwilling and/or are unable to release LPs for them while the Game2 phase is still the active cycle. Prefering instead to completely max out Game2 factions with extra bells and whistles. Not that I'm complaining, since it means we can then draw a line under those Game2 factions (bar future minor rebalancing) once Game3 comes and not have to deal with a repeat of the situation we currently are having with Game1 factions...
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate DLC) :#
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,726Registered Users
    Surtha Ek? Where Surtha Ek at? WE NEED THE MEME CHARIOT.

I would also say Beorg Bearstruck fits Norsca thematically.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • dchip1dchip1 Posts: 562Registered Users
    edited April 2019
    Let's say CA does cross-game LPs. They've said they like a "versus" theme in their lord packs. Given that, I say we have:

1. Grom the Pauch vs Grim Guy

Super obvious one

2. Nefereta vs. Malus Darkblade

This works because 1. Lahmia is just waiting to be occupied ; 2. Malus Darkblade is always on some type of fetch quest so he works anywhere esp. against ancient magic-y foes; 3. Gives the DE a Southlands Presence.

3. Boris/Marius/Explore-y Lord vs Throt:

1. Hellpit is waiting for a faction; 2. Empire rework is coming eventually; 3. Close on ME map; 4. If no DoW coming, why not make some Empire LLs hang out on the vortex map like in Sudenberg or the colony near skeggi? No new races mean it's time for humans to be added to vortex and Brettonia is already there!

4. Nakai vs (insert BM LL):

1. Albion would shake things up; 2. Chaos vs Order but they're both animal ppl; 3. Chance 4 ghorgon, 4. It'd be both sick and rad
  • LeafyhLeafyh Posts: 41Registered Users
    edited April 2019
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Verminlord an AOS thing, don't remember if they ever physically manifested in fantasy. I remember they interfering in events but more like some kind of "god" than directly.

PS. Why da hell do you people want ghorgon over that Incarnate elemental of beasts, never knew of it but jesus LOOK AT IT DUDE. (supposing we will not get both[likely])
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 522Registered Users
    Leafyh said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Verminlord an AOS thing, don't remember if they ever physically manifested in fantasy. I remember they interfering in events but more like some kind of "god" than directly.

Nah, they carried over in to AoS, but they definitely appeared in WF first (All the way back in 4th edition). The End Times gave all the new variants.

Leafyh said:

Nah, they carried over in to AoS, but they definitely appeared in WF first (All the way back in 4th edition). The End Times gave all the new variants.
    Like, i know they existed in fantasy, and had a lot of influence in the ET. But i don't remember if they physically manifested themselves outside of some wormholes to tell **** to members of the council they were helping (like the verminlord that helped skrolk). Like fighting in battles AOS style.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 522Registered Users
    Leafyh said:

Leafyh said:

Like, i know they existed in fantasy, and had a lot of influence in the ET. But i don't remember if they physically manifested themselves outside of some wormholes to tell **** to members of the council they were helping (like the verminlord that helped skrolk). Like fighting in battles AOS style.
    Are you talking in terms of plot, or gameplay? Because in terms of gameplay, they've been around since 4th Edition in their basic state. In terms of plot... Don't honestly remember, not the biggest Skaven fan. A quick Google perusal tells me they were in Thanquol's Doom and the Monstruous Arcanum, but not in what capacity.
    edited April 2019
    Never knew they had an model in fantasy, good to know.

As i never saw anything related to them going to battle in physical form in fantasy lore, i found wierd that so many people were asking for them to be put in the game.

That clarify some things. As i saw was like asking for the Lady to be introduced or something like it.
  • IconicIconic Posts: 461Registered Users
    Abmong said:

Iconic said:

Huh? If someone doesnt have WH1 then they will just be able to play Grom on the vortex map. They won't get access to ME.

Problem is if Groms factions contains units from game1, CA would still be giving access to those units for free when Game1 owners had to pay for it. It may seem petty but it's the prinicle of the thing... Speaking strickly as a Devil's Advocate. And if Grom's faction doen't have any Game1 unit, it would be a Campaign Pack, not a LP...

WH1 is an old game you can get in steam sales for cheap. Older games get cheaper and sometimes become free. It would be ridiculous to hold back the future of the game because someone bought a full priced game 3 years ago.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,363Registered Users
    edited April 2019
    Abmong said:

Thanks.

It's two Chariots and a monster. It's not really much and not really needed. Nice, more content is always welcome, but not needed as much as other races need their stuff.

Myself I can't get past Malus's name, it's just so cringey. Your points are good though. The other stuff that makes sense. It's stuff that could be added with FLC. So could Malus actually, he seems like a good add come game 3

I agreed that all the factions in WH2 are now functionally complete. The ones that really needs LPs (not just mechanic updates) are Game1 factions, sadly CA seem unwilling and/or are unable to release LPs for them while the Game2 phase is still the active cycle. Prefering instead to completely max out Game2 factions with extra bells and whistles. Not that I'm complaining, since it means we can then draw a line under those Game2 factions (bar future minor rebalancing) once Game3 comes and not have to deal with a repeat of the situation we currently are having with Game1 factions...
    We don't know that yet. We've just got an LP for every TWW2 race, we could and should get crossovers next.

TWW2 races can get more complete, but right now they just don't need it, and only the Skaven have a significant amount left.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,564Registered Users
    edited April 2019
    So working on this list, text based with references.

Only did Skaven and Lizardmen so far.

Lizardmen

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Gor-Rok (8E Lizardmen)
    Nakkai The Wanderer (No Rules/8E Lizardmen)
    Oxyotl (8E Lizardmen)
    Tetto'eko (8E Lizardmen)
    Chakax The Eternity Warden (8E Lizardmen)

Units
    Razordon Hunting Pack (8E Lizardmen)
    Troglodon & Skink Oracle (8E Lizardmen)
    Dread Saurian (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Coatl (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Arcanodon (6E Lustria)
    Great Wyrm (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Thunder Lizard (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Feral Troglodon (Invented/8E Lizardmen)

Skaven

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Thanquol & Boneripper (7E Skaven & End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Throt The Unclean (7E Skaven)
    Ghoritch (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Skweel Gnawtooth (7E Skaven)
    Skreech Verminking (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Deathmaster Snikch (7E Skaven)

Generic Lords
    Master Mutator (6E Skaven)
    Master Assassin (6E Skaven & 6E Storm of Chaos)
    Plauge Pontifex (6E Lustria)
    Plague Lord (6E Skaven & 6E Lustria)
    Verminlord (7E Skaven)
    Verminlord - Corruptors, Deceivers, Warbringers, Warpseers(End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Exulted Verminlord (Monstrous Arcanum)

Generic Heros
    Chieftain (7E Skaven)
    Master Moulder (6E Skaven)
    Harbingers of Mutation (6E Skaven)
    Eshin Sorcerer (6E Skaven & 6E Storm of Chaos)
    Festering Chantor (6E Skaven & 6E Lustria)
    Stinking Thing (6E Lustria)

Units
    Clanrats w/Warp Grinders (7E Skaven)
    Poison Wind Mortars (7E Skaven)
    Wolf Rats (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Brood Horror (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Eshin Triad (6E Storm of Chaos)
    Rotten Rodents (6E Lustria)
    Puss Bags (6E Lustria)
    Frothing Giant Rats (6E Lustria)
    Mad Rat Ogres (6E Lustria)
    Rat Spawn Throtlings (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Mutant Rat Ogres (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Armored Rat Ogres (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Augmented Rat Ogres (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Aberration (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Burrowing Behemoth (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Chimaerat (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Stormfiends "Melee" - Grinderfist, Shock-Gauntlets, Doom Flayer Gauntlets (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Stormfiends "Ranged" - Ratling Cannaons, Warpfire Projectors, Windlaunchers (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)

Mounts
    War-litter - Warlord
    Great Pox Rat - Warlord, Plague Priest
    Brood Horror - Warlord (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Posts: 851Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

Lizardmen

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Gor-Rok (8E Lizardmen)
    Oxyotl (8E Lizardmen)
    Tetto'eko (8E Lizardmen)

Units
    Arcanodon (6E Lustria)

Skaven

Legendary Lords/Heros

Generic Lords
    Verminlord (7E Skaven)
    Verminlord - Corruptors, Deceivers, Warbringers, Warpseers(End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Exulted Verminlord (6E Storm of Chaos)

Generic Heros
    Chieftain (7E Skaven)

Units
    Puss Bags (6E Lustria)
    Rat Spawn (6E Lustria)Throtlings (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Stormfiends "Melee" - Grinderfist, Shock-Gauntlets, Doom Flayer Gauntlets (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Stormfiends "Ranged" - Ratling Cannaons, Warpfire Projectors, Windlaunchers (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)

Mounts
    War-litter - Warlord

You forgot to add Ancient Razordon lol
    OdTengri said:

Lizardmen

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Gor-Rok (8E Lizardmen)
    Oxyotl (8E Lizardmen)
    Tetto'eko (8E Lizardmen)

Units
    Arcanodon (6E Lustria)

Skaven

Legendary Lords/Heros

Generic Lords
    Verminlord (7E Skaven)

Generic Heros
    Chieftain (7E Skaven)

Units
    Puss Bags (6E Lustria)
    Rat Spawn Throtlings (White Dwarf UK #311)

Mounts
    War-litter - Warlord

Neat, thanks.

Isn't the Brood Horror 8e? This shows how much good stuff Skaven have left, yess, yesss
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • ptavangarptavangar Posts: 1,148Registered Users
    So many "low hanging fruit" units/characters that should've been added long ago. Wish CA had taken their time with game 1 and given us more complete rosters. At least with game 2 it seems we'll get most (if not all) of the army book units.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,822Registered Users

ReyD said:

Ludbone said:

No need? DE will get a LP anyway. Someone is still stuck in the "CA has never confirmed more than 1 LP" I guess. . .

That paraphrased quote is taken completely out of context.

CA went from confirming 1 DLC to 2 or more LP DLC's. They most certainly have not confirmed which races are getting it. Hopefully it's the races with the most left to give. DE have only scraps left so they don't need an LP. They could get one to give them the scraps they have left, but there's no real need for it. This is a good thing.
    I agree with this statement even if I'm a DE fan :)

Dark Elves are not desperatly in need of a second Lords Pack because there are not that much left for them. And the few units not implemented yet are not really iconic (in my point of view, no offense :( )

Personally I want 3 things for them if it's possible :

- Malus Darkblade : He is not a super unique character (another edge lord x)) but he has a lot of lore surrounding him and especially the "There is a Deamon inside me" gimmick which could be use as a potential unique campaign mechanic for him. He deserves a place in Total War just for being one of the most "famous" cross-media character of Warhammer.

- Beastmasters as Hero : In my opinion the beastmasters theme for Dark Elves is lacking in Total War and since the addition of the Kharibdyss AND the Manticore, we definitely need a "beast" focus !

- My favourite one Black Ark Fleetmaster as a Lord : I was so disappointed when Lokhir was reveal, not because it was Lokhir, but because he didn't bring a lot of new mechanics with him. Alith Anar did better. And for THE BLACK ARC MASTER, we have to be able to build Black Ark Armies led by Black Ark Fleetmasters o/
    -
    Please CA !
    Thanks.

Myself I can't get past Malus's name, it's just so cringey. Your points are good though. The other stuff that makes sense. It's stuff that could be added with FLC. So could Malus actually, he seems like a good add come game 3.
    That's... about what gets added in a lord pack, though. The medusa rig would probably largely use the Sepulcheral Stalker rig, but would likely require additional animations (for the snake hair at the very least). If it's paired with the High Elves again, there's Skycutters and the White Lion Chariot. That could well be the LP that requires the most Charlemagnes sunk into animation yet.

Meanwhile, when looking at the TWW1 races, the Dwarfs and Vampire Counts both have all their units from the 8E army books present. Empire is missing archers/huntsmen, great weapon Empire Knights (aka White Wolves) and the Hurricanum. Keeping in mind that the Skaven and Lizardmen are down to only a couple of units missing each from their most recent army book, the only core race that's really missing a lot (outside of the character section) are the greenskins (weapon options for Boyz and Savage Orcs, Big Stabbas, shield option for Black Orcs, Spear Chukka, Pump Wagon, Mangler Squigs, and troll variants). They're probably also in the worst shape of the core races character-wise as well.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    IMO DE are behind in terms in interesting/unique mechanics compered to the other wh2 races and have enough units and generic hero variants to warrant another LP.
  • xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Posts: 851Registered Users
    edited April 2019

IMO DE are behind in terms in interesting/unique mechanics compered to the other wh2 races and have enough units and generic hero variants to warrant another LP.

Lizardmen still need revamp like making Slann more unique, Geomantic Web and few missing units like Razordon pack ,Troglodon and Ofc Ancient Razordon and CA can make one of the heros into Legendary lords like Gor-Rok ,Tetto'eko ,Naki, Oxyotl
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,564Registered Users
    Got a bit further.

Lizardmen

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Gor-Rok (8E Lizardmen)
    Oxyotl (8E Lizardmen)
    Tetto'eko (8E Lizardmen)

Units
    Arcanodon (6E Lustria)
    Ancient Razordon (Invented/8E Lizardmen)

Skaven

Legendary Lords/Heros

Generic Lords
    Verminlord (7E Skaven)

Generic Heros
    Chieftain (7E Skaven)

Units
    Puss Bags (6E Lustria)
    Rat Spawn (6E Lustria)
    Throtlings (White Dwarf UK #311)

Mounts
    War-litter - Warlord

High Elves

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Eltharion The Grim (8E High Elves)
    Prince Imrik (End Times Vol III: Khaine)
    Finnubar (No Rules/8E High Elves)
    Caradryan (8E High Elves)
    Belannaer The Wise (7E High Elves)
    Korhil (8E High Elves)

Generic Lords
    Archmage (8E High Elves)
    Anointed of Assuryan (8E High Elves)

Generic Heros
    Dragon Mage (8E High Elves)
    Lothern Sea Helm (8E High Elves)

Units

Warlions of Chrace (6E Storm of Magic)
    Lion Chariot (8E High Elves)
    Lothern Skycutter (8E High Elves)
    Arcane Phoenix (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Myrwyrm (Monstrous Arcanum & 6E Storm of Chaos)

Mounts
    Flame & Frosheart Phoenix - Anointed of Assurian (8E High Elves)
    Griffin - Prince, Noble (8E High Elves)
    Lothern Skycutter - Lothern Sea Helm (8E High Elves)

Dark Elves

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Malus Darkblade (8E High Elves)
    Beastlord Rakhart (5E High Elves)
    Shadowblade (8E High Elves)
    Kouran Darkhand (8E High Elves)
    Tullaris Deadbringer (8E High Elves)
    Urian Poisonblade (5E High Elves)

Generic Lords
    Black Ark Fleetmaster (8E High Elves) (In the game Campaign only on Black Arks)
    High Beastmaster (8E High Elves)
    Druchii Anointed (6E Storm of Chaos) (Cult of Pleasure only)

Generic Heros
    Master (8E High Elves)

Units
    Bloodwrack Medusa (8E High Elves)
    Bloodwrack Shrine (8E High Elves)
    Scourgerunner Chariot (8E High Elves)
    Devoted of Slannesh (6E Storm of Chaos) (Cult of Pleasure only)
    Slannesh Marked DE units (6E Storm of Chaos) (Cult of Pleasure only)

Mounts
    Scourgerunner Chariot - High Beastmaster

Wood Elves

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Ariel (5E High Elves)
    Araloth (8E High Elves)
    Drycha (8E High Elves)
    Naestra & Arahan (8E High Elves)

Generic Lords
    Spellweaver (8E High Elves)

Generic Heros
    Glade Captain (8E High Elves)
    Shadow Dancer (8E High Elves)

Units
    NOTHING BUT AGE OF SIGMAR UNITS
    Tree-kin GW and Tree-kin Bows being notable.
    Yes, I agree with GW ditching the Forrest Chariot it was dumb.

Mounts
    Great Stag (8E High Elves)

Beastmen

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Ghorros Warhoof (7E Beastmen)
    Moonclaw (7E Beastmen)
    Taurox The Brass Bull (7E Beastmen)
    Molokh Slugtongue (7E Beastmen)

Generic Lords
    Doombull (7E Beastmen)
    Great Bray Shaman (7E Beastmen)

Generic Heros
    Wargor (7E Beastmen)

Units
    Tuskgor Chariot (7E Beastmen)
    Ghorgon (7E Beastmen)
    Jabberslythe (7E Beastmen)
    Marked Ungors - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Marked Gors - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Marked Minotaurs - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Marked Chaos Spawn - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Preyton (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Incarnate Elemental of Beasts (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Cockatrice (Storm of Magic)
    Great Spined Chaos Beast (Storm of Magic)

Mounts
    Tuskgor Chariot - Beastlord, Great Bray Shaman, Wargor, Bray Shaman (7E Beastmen)
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

Draxynnic said:

ReyD said:

Ludbone said:

No need? DE will get a LP anyway. Someone is still stuck in the "CA has never confirmed more than 1 LP" I guess. . .

CA went from confirming 1 DLC to 2 or more LP DLC's. They most certainly have not confirmed which races are getting it. Hopefully it's the races with the most left to give. DE have only scraps left so they don't need an LP. They could get one to give them the scraps they have left, but there's no real need for it. This is a good thing.

Dark Elves are not desperatly in need of a second Lords Pack because there are not that much left for them. And the few units not implemented yet are not really iconic (in my point of view, no offense :( )

- Malus Darkblade : He is not a super unique character (another edge lord x)) but he has a lot of lore surrounding him and especially the "There is a Deamon inside me" gimmick which could be use as a potential unique campaign mechanic for him. He deserves a place in Total War just for being one of the most "famous" cross-media character of Warhammer.

- Beastmasters as Hero : In my opinion the beastmasters theme for Dark Elves is lacking in Total War and since the addition of the Kharibdyss AND the Manticore, we definitely need a "beast" focus !

- My favourite one Black Ark Fleetmaster as a Lord : I was so disappointed when Lokhir was reveal, not because it was Lokhir, but because he didn't bring a lot of new mechanics with him. Alith Anar did better. And for THE BLACK ARC MASTER, we have to be able to build Black Ark Armies led by Black Ark Fleetmasters o/
    -
    Please CA !
    Thanks.

Myself I can't get past Malus's name, it's just so cringey. Your points are good though. The other stuff that makes sense. It's stuff that could be added with FLC. So could Malus actually, he seems like a good add come game 3.
    That's... about what gets added in a lord pack, though. The medusa rig would probably largely use the Sepulcheral Stalker rig, but would likely require additional animations (for the snake hair at the very least). If it's paired with the High Elves again, there's Skycutters and the White Lion Chariot. That could well be the LP that requires the most Charlemagnes sunk into animation yet.

Meanwhile, when looking at the TWW1 races, the Dwarfs and Vampire Counts both have all their units from the 8E army books present. Empire is missing archers/huntsmen, great weapon Empire Knights (aka White Wolves) and the Hurricanum. Keeping in mind that the Skaven and Lizardmen are down to only a couple of units missing each from their most recent army book, the only core race that's really missing a lot (outside of the character section) are the greenskins (weapon options for Boyz and Savage Orcs, Big Stabbas, shield option for Black Orcs, Spear Chukka, Pump Wagon, Mangler Squigs, and troll variants). They're probably also in the worst shape of the core races character-wise as well.
    Yeah, true, but I want good characters and big meaty LP's.

I don't want the Dwarfs or VC to get one, but Empire, Orcs, and Skaven have so much good stuff.

Slavery is probably only now after the 2nd best mechanic in the game after undercities, and Hellebron's is pretty sweet too, forcing aggression from the player. I think they're doing real well with mechanics.

In terms of units it's a chariot, Medusa, and Medusa Chariot. It's enough for a LP, but it's sorta so-so. They've got lots of chariots as is, and generally Chariots are meh. Medusa is a cool unit though.

Slavery is probably only now after the 2nd best mechanic in the game after undercities, and Hellebron's is pretty sweet too, forcing aggression from the player. I think they're doing real well with mechanics.

In terms of units it's a chariot, Medusa, and Medusa Chariot. It's enough for a LP, but it's sorta so-so. They've got lots of chariots as is, and generally Chariots are meh. Medusa is a cool unit though.
    Slavery is a non mechanic to me i don't have/need to manage it at all if they overhaul it so some management is actually needed I would have agreed

Draxynnic said:

ReyD said:

Ludbone said:

-
    Please CA !
    Thanks.

Yeah, true, but I want good characters and big meaty LP's.

I don't want the Dwarfs or VC to get one, but Empire, Orcs, and Skaven have so much good stuff.
    In terms of 8E army book stuff, Empire has archers, knights with a different weapon, and an artillery chariot. Skaven have rats and mortars. You need to get into supplemental material to get anything really "meaty", and the Elves and Lizardmen have supplement material that could be used to expand their lists as well.

I think literally the only race which has more than 2-4 units missing from the army book - looking at the units section specifically as you seem to be doing, not characters - are the Greenskins. Even the Beastmen technically just have a couple of units missing, the problem is that they're two of the big centerpiece units.

Slavery is a non mechanic to me i don't have/need to manage it at all if they overhaul it so some management is actually needed I would have agreed
    Now you're cherrypicking. The same could be said of the geomantic web, Influence is pretty close to being at that level really, and Dark Elves also have loyalty mechanics and Black Arks. Only core TWW2 race that can be said to have more complex mechanics are the Skaven.

Part of that is that I think CA has deliberately created a scale of complexity, with High Elves and Lizardmen intended to be the most conventional races while the Dark Elves and Skaven are more complex, making it a design decision rather than an oversight per se. But I don't think you can look at the High Elves and Lizardmen and claim that the Dark Elves have the least interesting mechanics.

(For the record, I do agree that they have enough left to fill their side of another lord pack. All of the TWW2 core races do.)
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Posts: 143Registered Users

You should take into consideration all the units outside the 8th army book. :)
    Like the Devoted of Slaanesh and the Slaanesh Marked Druchii (please add them @Gotrek_Beastslayer).
    CA has said they can take all the stuff from secondary sources if they want, like they did with Norsca and Zombiepirates.
    And also the missing heroes and lords. CA can also add more than just 1 lord or hero.

But what i want is Malus Darkblade! His novels are neat! :)
    edited April 2019
    @Draxynnic You make good points as usual.

You can choose not to manage it, you can also choose to manage it and get great rewards from that. That's part of why it's such a good mechanic. It's complex and rewards players who invest their time in it, but it's not essential.

Like the Devoted of Slaanesh and the Slaanesh Marked Druchii (please add them @Gotrek_Beastslayer).
    CA has said they can take all the stuff from secondary sources if they want, like they did with Norsca and Zombiepirates.
    And also the missing heroes and lords. CA can also add more than just 1 lord or hero.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. Empire, Orcs, Skaven, they all have a ridonkulous amount of good stuff left to add. The others not so much. A chariot here, a generic genericblade there, a tier 7 thataway it's much of the muchness. Those 3 are the best options for big, meaty, significant LP's, even bigger than the last one. Mmmm yes, yum yums.

I'd probably be inclined to save the Cult of Slaanesh list from Storm of Chaos for a Slaanesh monogod race rather than filtering them into the Dark Elf list. Devoted in particular would pretty much just be a "middle-point" between Witch Elves and Sisters of Slaughter.
  • Blood_DragonBlood_Dragon Senior Member Posts: 882Registered Users
    edited April 2019
    • Add Walach Harkon.

• Add Blood Keep as a new settlement to the campaign map in the Grey Mountains.

• Add a new faction with Walach as its Legendary Lord, and Blood Keep as its capital.

"Victory or death, there is no other outcome. Honour is everything. I am a knight of the Ordo Draconis, and I will achieve perfection."

@Draxynnic You make good points as usual.

You can choose not to manage it, you can also choose to manage it and get great rewards from that. That's part of why it's such a good mechanic. It's complex and rewards players who invest their time in it, but it's not essential.
    It lacks complex and i get the so called rewards without having to manage it all

Now you're cherrypicking. The same could be said of the geomantic web, Influence is pretty close to being at that level really, and Dark Elves also have loyalty mechanics and Black Arks. Only core TWW2 race that can be said to have more complex mechanics are the Skaven.

Loyalty mechanic is not DE exclusive and it hardly takes any effort to keep your Loyalty at max.I am sorry to say but I really don't see the complex in it
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,508Registered Users
    @OdTengri Wait HEs did actually have a lion unit separate from the chariot? I feel vindicated! That would work so much better than the chariot imo for the HEs!

Great list by the way, good work!

So glad we are getting more LPs, got my fingers crossed for Cros-LPs but there is definitely enough left to play with for the game 2 factions if not (and at least this might put a stop to all the VCs get all the stuff complaints :lol: ). Just hope we wil get to see a Verminlord too!
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Posts: 143Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

I'd probably be inclined to save the Cult of Slaanesh list from Storm of Chaos for a Slaanesh monogod race rather than filtering them into the Dark Elf list. Devoted in particular would pretty much just be a "middle-point" between Witch Elves and Sisters of Slaughter.
    Your idea is nice! The Slaanesh Roster can take a great favour from those Slaaneshi elves units. :)