Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cross over DLC: How to make it work

adjungadjung Registered Users Posts: 236
In another discussion, Combat_Wombat said:

Could be 1v1v1v1 lord packs. Everyone gets a little bit and the second dlc fills in any leftover holes.

This idea strikes me as pretty clever, as it would allow CA to pack in multiple races in one DLC to appeal to more people, so even people who do not own WH1 might be interested in the WH2 part of the DLC and get game one races advertised at the same time. Add another discount to WH1 during the release of said Lord Pack and people will have a big incentive to pick it up. Old World updates as FLC, new units and LL as DLC. By adding a few interesting things to 4 races at the same time, they might even get around to improving Beastmen and WE sooner than game 3. Thoughts?

Forward onto Slaughter.
Tagged:

Comments

• EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,167
    Just make it so if you purchace the gross-game DLC, you'll get access to ME only as the lords you have in the lord pack.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • BeelzeBeelze Registered Users Posts: 279
    Just make a "ME-only" DLC with 4 LL.

And sell the DLC as a standalone DLC and a bundle with Warhammer 1 to a reduced price.

The only people that wants an update to the game 1 races are the ones that owns game 1 and game 2, so buying game 1 isnt a problem here.

I think they should focus on ME and not put these LL in Vortex.

If you dont own game 1, go and buy it if you want game 1 content in game 2..
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    As much as I like the idea of game 1 DLC, there is one thing that annoys me : I really, really don't like ME turn times and it has prevented me from starting new campaigns with Norsca or Kemmler.

What I mean is that I own both games, but ME only content has lost some value to me, I wonder if that's the case in general. When doing a 4 faction DLC you have the risk of making a good share of it's content not interesting for some players. There are completionnist (many of them active of these forums) who won't hesitate, but the public at large is more of a mystery.

But yeah, CA will have to give us more ways to play factions separated by game ownership. I do hope that in game 3, the super ME campaign will be accessible to all, with locked factions. And that the stand alone campaign will let us play factions from the previous games if they are relevant and we have the rights to them.
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Registered Users Posts: 143
    Everything for completing Beastmen, Greenskin, Empire and Warriors Undivided and Woods rosters. :)
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    edited April 2019
    Enforest said:

Just make it so if you purchace the gross-game DLC, you'll get access to ME only as the lords you have in the lord pack.

Right this is the way to non controversially do it or put these new first game lords in vortex then effectively do the same with being able to play me and as base lords needing first game purchase.

• 4uk4ata4uk4ata Registered Users Posts: 897
    edited April 2019
    Еh, I play a lot of Mortal Empire, so I want to see more content for it. Waiting for them to finish the end turn times first means we might end up waiting for a while, and by then TWW III would be out and the priority game.

I think a 1v1 cross-over pack that covers Mortal Empire is fine, the lord might also be available on the Vortex map. I hope they can also synchronize it with game 1 where the LL would ideally be playable as well, but to be honest I'd live with the content being ME- and Vortex-only if I like the character and units.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,250
    Here is the answer I expect

"damn that anti-consumer CA, for placing my favorite lord behind a paywall, where I have to pay for others that I do not want. Almost as bad as EA, worst company ever, so evil"

Etc.
  • BeelzeBeelze Registered Users Posts: 279

"damn that anti-consumer CA, for placing my favorite lord behind a paywall, where I have to pay for others that I do not want. Almost as bad as EA, worst company ever, so evil"

Etc.

People who complain over DLCs, paywalls and pricing should be happy that they dont play Train Simulator 2019 (really, take a look at the DLCs on Steam for that game..)
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 733
    Beelze said:

Etc.

People who complain over DLCs, paywalls and pricing should be happy that they dont play Train Simulator 2019 (really, take a look at the DLCs on Steam for that game..)
    I'll be honest, Total Warhammer was my first CA game, and before I bought, all the comments I'd seen were "Have fun dealing with the ludicrous amount of DLC", so I was a little concerned. I've been pretty stoked with the results though, and have happily bought each DLC since. Let the whiners whine, while the players play.
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Registered Users Posts: 162
    At this point I don't care how they do it. I want a cross game LP over just game two LP. Im still disappointed about no more race packs so the next best thing would be a old vs new world LP.