Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Question for MP players

TombThingsTombThings Registered Users Posts: 105
What is the most annoying thing to deal with in MP?

Whether it be specific spells, tactics, lords, skirmishers... etc. no wrong answers.

Comments

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,171
    Draw kite
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Draw kiting (or mass missile cav kiting even when it's not specifically for a draw) is definitely obnoxious.

But what I find more obnoxious is the drop hacking....since that is actually quite literally cheating and it boggles my mind why CA hasn't put safeguards in against those types of programs which allow that to happen when most other games with competitive MP ladders have. Most MP games also have auto-loss for disconnects instead of draws (slightly separate from drop hacking) but they're both pretty straightforward problems with straightforward solutions CA could implement, as opposed to draw kiting which is harder to find a universally agreeable solution to.

• TombThingsTombThings Registered Users Posts: 105
    yst said:

Draw kite

I don't have time to do that right now
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,103
    Valkaar said:

Draw kiting (or mass missile cav kiting even when it's not specifically for a draw) is definitely obnoxious.

But what I find more obnoxious is the drop hacking....since that is actually quite literally cheating and it boggles my mind why CA hasn't put safeguards in against those types of programs which allow that to happen when most other games with competitive MP ladders have. Most MP games also have auto-loss for disconnects instead of draws (slightly separate from drop hacking) but they're both pretty straightforward problems with straightforward solutions CA could implement, as opposed to draw kiting which is harder to find a universally agreeable solution to.

^This.

It's enough that I can only play MP quick battles in spurts. I'll play for days against people I know. But if you corner camp a mounted lord for 60 mins to avoid the loss, I'll be ****. Dropping is just as infuriating. Play the game, take your loss like a big boy. **** cowards.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,263

yst said:

Draw kite

Lol if you're actually looking for something to EXECUTE against some....any sort of single entity blob that can heal itself and do AoE damage against the infantry/cav blobs that try to stop it.

Definitely annoying, and hard to stop unless your opponent brings mass missiles. And even if they do, you can usually punch through their lines and get to the missiles. Or just drop summons on them if you're doing a version of this with one of the Vampire factions. Lizardmen, High Elves, Empire, Wood Elves, VC, VCoast can all pull off pretty obnoxious single-entity death stars like that.

^^but these things are definitely beatable. Kinda like Dwarf Corner Camping. It is annoying. But it's not a sure fire win/draw like draw-kiting/missile cav spam is.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 660

yst said:

Draw kite

OMG lol
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,594
    edited April 2019

yst said:

Draw kite

Excellent pun.

Moving to the MP discussion.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Registered Users Posts: 1,875
    Canuovea said:

yst said:

Draw kite

Excellent pun.

Moving to the MP discussion.
    How is that pun?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,580
    Inappropriate comment about another member deleted.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • DracoknightDracoknight Registered Users Posts: 281
    Honestly the main reason to why i stopped playing Multiplayer was the inconsistency of the matchmaker.

Its buggy and unreliable and breaks often, and on top of that you only get random opponents where you can meet top 20 players during your first game if you are unlucky. Draw Kites and Drop Hackers is annoying, but it really **** me off after trying to get into games you have the constant finding match bug, people dropping out of faction selection and other bugs that prevent you from getting games.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Registered Users Posts: 1,125
    For me it's draw - kiting build.

It's only slightly annoying when the Bret player runs with their 200 HP green knight from my Dawi or when the empire does the same with their Steam Tank.

The worst is the draw kiting specific build.

So far, I have faced a Wood elf one, a Bretonnia one and a Dark Elf one

Basically, it's an all flying force with one or two ground units with stalk hidden somewhere on the map.

Since they have a ground unit, they don't take leadership penalties. Their flying force is so strong (around 10,000 gold or more), that they can easily goon your flying units/lord if you brought any and you don't have enough defense against such a powerful airforce.

This would be only a mildly annoying tactic if the player actually tried to win or lose trying.

But what these players do is if they can't beat you, they just fly around the map for 20 minutes, taking the draw.

Since their ground unit is vanguarded (potentially) and with stalk, there is no practical way to find it.

I wish I knew how to drop hack just so I can take the draw right away when someone does this, and not waste my time

• UniverseBearUniverseBear Registered Users Posts: 123
    The first is when your opponent readies up and so you ready up and then they change armies last second and rdy up right a way in hopes you don't notice or can't change your build in time. I've had this happen to me a couple times and I just leave the lobby.

Next would be draw kiting. Pretty self explanatory. They know they can't win but don't want to lose and have the mobility advantage so they just run for the rest of a match.

Finally we have the disconnector. This guy waits until he's sure he's lost and then ctrl alt tabs his way to a draw.

Less angering tactics include corner camping, toxic chat and spammy troll builds.
  • MrRipper707MrRipper707 Registered Users Posts: 146
    people who have bad pcs, take 10 minutes to load. and turn a 10 minute game into a half hour one when you have to play through molasses.

Like seriously i dont want to play with you in slow motion.

If your pc sucks you should suffer through it alone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file