Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will there be an Avatar Conquest like multiplayer system?

T_JT_J Senior MemberPosts: 115Registered Users
I am considering buying the game but I cannot seem to find something about the multiplayer aspect of the game. I know that there is multiplayer campaign, which is nice but personally I don't find the campaign that interesting to play as a multiplayer, but I really do like to play the real time battles against other players. I remember that in Shogun 2 there was this system called Avatar conquest which is something I really really enjoyed, I probably played it for a few thousand hours in that game mode over several years. I felt like this mode would be something future total war games would have aswell, but I was dissapointed to learn that next releases didn't have that mode in the game, only a costum battle type of mode, which removes alot of fun from the online battles.

So yeah I was wondering if there is any info wether such a game mode will be in the game, I have seen alot of requests about this game mode but never found an answer to it.

Comments

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    Nope, there isn't
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 621Registered Users
    CA has not mentioned anything. It's a shame too because this title has so much more potential for an Avatar campaign than Shogon 2.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
  • T_JT_J Senior Member Posts: 115Registered Users
    well thats a big dissapointment.. guess i'll wait with buying the game then to see if it is actually worth buying if there's no proper multiplayer..
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    T_J said:

well thats a big dissapointment.. guess i'll wait with buying the game then to see if it is actually worth buying if there's no proper multiplayer..

Considering there has been no Avatar since Shogun 2, I think its ok. Unless you have not bought a single Total War game since Shogun 2. Then yes you will have to wait.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 621Registered Users
    edited April 27
    The saddest part of the whole issue is no one from CA has to balls to post why or why not. It's like they are afraid to answer.
    Post edited by JacquestheApostate on
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,233Registered Users
    T_J said:

Using Legendary characters like Lu Bu, Guan Yu, Zhao Yun etc would still be cool in a multiplayer match, though I agree avatar campaign massively increase replayability and is what made Shogun 2 the best total war