Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game 3 DLC, The daemons of one of the 4 chaos god will be the theme of a lord pack. Which one?

SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Posts: 53Registered Users
Let's be honest, we know this is going to happen. When the Chaos Undivided Daemons come in game 3 there are going to be units from at least one of the gods who will be cut out for DLC. One of the gods will the the theme of a Lord Pack, the question is though, which one?

Personally, I think Slaanesh is going to be in at release. Given that Nakari will have a large role in the story of game three given the hints dropped in many campaign epilouges, I think we will get most of Slaanesh's rooster. Tzeentch also has a good chance since Lords of Change are already in the game and that he has had the most presence of any of the gods so far, I think the starting lords will be Kairos Fateweaver and Nakari. That leaves Khorne and Nurgle and, honestly, my money is on Nurgle being DLC. I think, given how popular Khorne is, he is either going to replace Kairos at launch or be FLC down the line. Nurgle, on the other hand, i feel will mostly be part of a lord pack.

Any other theories?

Comments

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 316Registered Users
    Theories? 4 Monogods rosters.

Loosing Khorne related stuff for a single FLC? Getting few Nurgle stuff with a simple LP? Thanks but no thanks.
    This thread makes me think, again, of how poor a Daemons only roster could be.
    And this also shows that Gods Aligned Warriors and Beastmen + missing WoC units etc. won't happen, like never ever, with only DoC...and the poverty that it will contain.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Posts: 53Registered Users

Loosing Khorne related stuff for a single FLC? Getting few Nurgle stuff with a simple LP? Thanks but no thanks.
    And this also shows that Gods Aligned Warriors and Beastmen + missing WoC units etc. won't happen, like never ever, with only DoC...and the poverty that it will contain.

There's no way the 4 starting races are going to be all chaos. That would alienate anyone who doesn't want to play as chaos daemons.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,629Registered Users

There's no way the 4 starting races are going to be all chaos. That would alienate anyone who doesn't want to play as chaos daemons.
    So far that old data mine seems pretty accurate as far as I can tell. Even lists Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs as DLC If I remember right.
  • SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Posts: 53Registered Users

So far that old data mine seems pretty accurate as far as I can tell. Even lists Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs as DLC If I remember right.
    Datamines also told us The Silver Princess will be the 4th Vampire Coast Lord and Malus Darkblade will be the Dark Elf FLC. Take them with a bit of salt
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,249Registered Users

Datamines also told us The Silver Princess will be the 4th Vampire Coast Lord and Malus Darkblade will be the Dark Elf FLC. Take them with a bit of salt
    Malus Darkblade wasn't a datamine, he was a random edit on IMDB.

I am however amazed at CA trolling with Silver Princes, the datamine from release though seems a true datamine rather than a prank.

Although I'd say it also could imply how game 3 can be expanded the same way game 2 was. Put 1 or 2 races alongside what was datamined and that's what release will be.

But as far as your question goes it will be very annoying for any of the 4 gods to be left out. If one is, probably Tzeentch. N'kari is thrown around a lot and Khorne and Nurgle are first and second in line as far as additions of anything go.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,976Registered Users
    edited April 27
    Every of chaos gods had a lot of named character. Only one for each god?

And cos of daemon chaos race, daemon prince or LL or generic lord from start. But I realy want some of true development of lords from mortal to daemon prince. Heroes from mortal to Exalted daemon. Example vow system, but not with +5 AP, but something cool with change model of unit.

But they are mortals, not count as daemon chaos race.

Mehh

Can't get why ppl so want poor roster and cheap mechanic with undivided chaos.

WoC v2? I hope CA will done something great, with taking stuff from AoS.
  • YitterbumYitterbum Posts: 156Registered Users
    edited April 27

Or CA could just keep WoC and Daemons as their own unique factions and then add a race pack to implement the missing marked units and update WoC properly.

With 2 new Chaos LL's introduced in the race pack and a FLC Chaos LL introduced at that time, you would have 4 LL's (we currently have Sigvald) to represent the 4 marks in WoC armies. Give each unique mechanics, the ability to recruit some lesser marked daemons via favor, and a significant overhaul of their horde mechanic, tech tree, and razing mechanics, and I think a lot of the issues for WoC would be fixed right there.

Edit: Nearly forgot that WoC need the option to have their lords become daemon princes after a certain rank.

Aside from that, my bet is on Skarbrand and Nakari starting the DoC out. Ku'gath could be DLC, and Kairos will be FLC given that a lord of change model is already in game.
  • DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 181Registered Users
    edited April 27
    Can someone tell me what specifically were the N'Kari hints?
    My bet is on Slaanesh DLC, due to some... let's say... sensitive stuff. Making him a DLC would let CA go fully slaaneshi like with blood for the blood god, ratin the DLC pegi 18 as opposed to main games' pegi 16
    edited April 27

Can someone tell me what specifically were the N'Kari hints?
    My bet is on Slaanesh DLC, due to some... let's say... sensitive stuff. Making him a DLC would let CA go fully slaaneshi like with blood for the blood god

It inhabited the Black Pyramid in Arkhan's epilogue, taunting him and referring to him as a Mortarch. It promptly said there was a coming conflict and went on its merry way, hinting at conflict in game 3. Other one is the LM epilogue where the Slann from the intro LM cinematic says that N'kari is coming to screw with them.

Both refer to a future event, probably main campaign of game 3.

Honestly N'kari and Nagash are two most referenced characters in the epilogues. In addition to Morathi who's screwing around as well for whatever reason. Probably with Chaos. Sounds like a set up to explain alliances that Slaanesh will have come game 3.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    edited April 27

Why not 4 starting race, but 6.

Cos monogods would kind same mechanic, but mostly with different army roster. Ez lord packs.
    Khorne vs Tzeench, Nurgle vs Slaanesh
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 15,914Registered Users
    Nurgle. Khorne's too critical, Slaanesh hinted at too much, and Tzeentch already has a LL ingame.

One Of the gods will be DLC and that's not a big deal.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.

Why not 4 starting race, but 6.

Cos monogods would kind same mechanic, but mostly with different army roster. Ez lord packs.
    Khorne vs Tzeench, Nurgle vs Slaanesh
    That or 1 LP with a lord for each god. Recreate the fight to determine the champion from Tamurkhan's book.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Yitterbum said:

Or CA could just keep WoC and Daemons as their own unique factions and then add a race pack to implement the missing marked units and update WoC properly.

With 2 new Chaos LL's introduced in the race pack and a FLC Chaos LL introduced at that time, you would have 4 LL's (we currently have Sigvald) to represent the 4 marks in WoC armies. Give each unique mechanics, the ability to recruit some lesser marked daemons via favor, and a significant overhaul of their horde mechanic, tech tree, and razing mechanics, and I think a lot of the issues for WoC would be fixed right there.

Edit: Nearly forgot that WoC need the option to have their lords become daemon princes after a certain rank.

Aside from that, my bet is on Skarbrand and Nakari starting the DoC out. Ku'gath could be DLC, and Kairos will be FLC given that a lord of change model is already in game.
    Marked chaos warriors for WoC and gors for BM.

Every one know that there would be 100% one of marked unit that stronger than other 3 marked. And every one just gonna use one of marked and not use any other.

Great idea add 3 useless unit.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,924Registered Users
    We are not getting 4 Monos at launch. They have stated they are going from Armybooks, so Daemons Undivided. The datamine is no longer accurate at all, Skaven was listed as a DLC (so OKs and CDs on there mean nothing) and neither Norsca or Coast was on that list.

My bet is Nurgle or Tzeentch being left out, perhaps Nurgle most likely as is both very popular and not most popular.

Monos will likely come later as DLC.
  • AramoraAramora Posts: 52Registered Users
    Khorne, for one and a half (net) reasons!

1) Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne! (Not sure any of the other dark gods have as catchy a slogan).

2) Karag Dum involves a bloodthirster vs a dwarf lord, so if the chaos wastes are opened (which makes sense for playable chaos beyond the invasion), the lord pairing is a fairly strong match for a good vs evil face-off like their other Lord packs.

-0.5) There's already a blood for the blood god DLC : (
  • AlchimistAlchimist Posts: 157Registered Users
    Nurgle is the one which received the most units from the End Times + ForgeWorld's campaign Tamurkhan: Throne of Chaos, so I could see a Nurgle faction being the focus of whatever DLC.

Slaanesh doesn't have a huge amount of units in 8th edition, and most of them share similar models, that being said Slaanesh's army was just updated in Age of Sigmar, but of course it's out of the question.

Tzeentch is definitely going to be represented at release because Creative Assembly likes to have at least one caster lord, and Tzeentch is the best candidate.

Khorne also has some models that are fairly close to each other and nothing too fancy either.
  • ObsidiusObsidius Posts: 26Registered Users
    Most Chaos Daemons would fit at launch, I'm not sure why CA would cut out an entire Chaos God and thereby increase the chances of alienating part of the fanbase. 4 lesser daemons for infantry, 4 heralds for heroes, 4 steeds for cavalry (I count screamers as steeds even if they're in disc form), 4 beasts as war beasts/monsters, and 4 greater daemons as lords. It would make more sense for CA to release variations or chariots/artillery since Chaos Daemons are more of a close combat race and DLC can expand upon that; things like Skull Cannons, Blood Thrones, Flaming Chariots, Hellflayer and Normal/Exhatled Seeker Chariots, Nurglings/Palanquins, Chaos Furies, Daemon Princes, Soul Grinders, etc. This is going to get ultra nerdy, but I am willing to share the video game appearances of various daemons as a possible indicator (iphone/ios titles and Warhammer Online not included):

-Chaos Furies: Battle For Atluma, Mark of Chaos
    -Bloodletters: Mark of Chaos, Mordenheim, upcoming Chaosbane
    -Flesh Hounds: Battle For Atluma, upcoming Chaosbane
    -Juggernauts: None
    -Bloodthirsters: Mark of Chaos
    -Skull Cannons: None
    -Plaguebearers: Battle For Atluma, Mark of Chaos, Mordenheim, upcoming Chaosbane
    -Beasts: upcoming Chaosbane
    -Rot Flies: None
    -Great Unclean One: upcoming Chaosbane
    -Nurglings: upcoming Chaosbane
    -Horrors: Mordenheim
    -Flamers: Battle For Atluma
    -Screamers: Battle For Atluma
    -Lords of Change: TWW1
    -Daemonettes: Battle For Atluma, Mordenheim, upcoming Chaosbane
    -Fiends: None
    -Steeds: Battle For Atluma, upcoming Chaosbane
    -Keeper of Secrets: None
    -Daemon Princes: Mark of Chaos
    -Soul Grinders: None

On top of all this Vermintide 2 is heavily central to Nurgle due to being so similar to the Horned Rat and it isn't impossible to rule out one of his daemons making an appearance after they add in Beastmen. Chaosbane still has another month before it's properly released so it may have more Tzeentchian content. The point I'm making is that this won't be so cut and dry as to simply take out an entire Chaos God's army for DLC and CA has other options they can take.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,509Registered Users
    CA never done a lord pack for a single roster but CA did gave Norsca an fully independent roster.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 516Registered Users
    edited April 27
    Chances are it'll be...

*Checks notes*

...Everyone who isn't Undivided. Tzeench already has his Lord in the game, but lacks the entirety of his roster. Everyone else lacks literally everything. I expect Daemons Undivided at launch, and then each of the rivalries (Nurgle and Tzeench, Khorne and Slaanesh) as DLC packs afterwards.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,615Registered Users
    One thing I could see happening is three being partially left out. Be'lakor could be a LL that allows for all demons to be used equally, and the hints point to N'kari. The announcement of more lordpacks hints at five possibly being the magic number in the future - that's enough for each god and one Undivided.

From there, it'd be a question of which two gods have units that are most likely to be held back for DLC.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,924Registered Users

Chances are it'll be...

*Checks notes*

...Everyone who isn't Undivided. Tzeench already has his Lord in the game, but lacks the entirety of his roster. Everyone else lacks literally everything. I expect Daemons Undivided at launch, and then each of the rivalries (Nurgle and Tzeench, Khorne and Slaanesh) as DLC packs afterwards.

I see Monos added in LP style CPs, so Nurgle vs Tzeentch and Slaanesh vs Khorne - with at least 2 LLs each.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,932Registered Users
    Mono's is gonna solve that.
    No mishmash DoC, monos. Loreful, complete, and just like the Datamine which has so far only had additions to it.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game

Chances are it'll be...

*Checks notes*

They're all undivided really. They could all use a mix of the gods units if taken in the TT. They've so far based every TT race off of its book, and Demons were undivided in their book, so Skarbrand could take Tzeentch units, Kairos could take Khorne units, Ku'Gath could take Slaanesh units, etc, etc.

Looking at it that way the one who misses out is probably one of the two we haven't seen unless they change up the formula significantly.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,509Registered Users

There's no way that CA released Shogun 2, what it would had alienate anyone who doesn't want to play as a japanese faction, anyway CA didn't have many actual options left for game 3.
    Tayvar said:

There's no way that CA released Shogun 2, what it would had alienate anyone who doesn't want to play as a japanese faction, anyway CA didn't have many actual options left for game 3.
    I believe that one of the assumptions of the thread is DoC as a core race.
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 919Registered Users

Silver Princess could still happen. Especially if we get Araby as the WH3 Pre-Order Race. She could be tagged on as the FLC LL for VP like Lokir was tagged onto the VP race pack for DE.

4 Monogods core is very possible, I'd say it's "most likely" due to the potential for rivalry LPs that can come from it. They're more than enough named Chaos Characters for at least 4 LPs if not more.

Ogre Kingdoms & Chaos Dwarfs only has 4 lore characters that are LL worthy each. Making them more suited as Race Pack DLCs. Not to mention they don't have any lore reasons for rivalry with Chaos. Same can be said about DoW if they're added to WH3. Kislev is the only faction that has real beaf with Chaos, But they have like 2 LLs... 3 at best and not that big of a roster to need LPs to complete. So again no real LP potential there.

Kislev and DoW are pipe dreams for WH3. They don't have any lands that are likey to be on the WH3 Campaign map. CA didn't reuse any lands featured in WH1 on WH2 Vortex. Unlikely they will do so for WH3, especially since there are loads of lands left from the WH lore that hasn't been featured yet.

I'm willing to be CA will fix the coding issues with WH1 and release Kislev and DoW as Race Packs where. They'll do it because that will pull people would haven't bought WH1 to buy it. Plus there are loads of LPs CA can do for WH1 factions. So fixing WH1's code and updating with stuff added for them in WH2 isn't as bad an investment as some may think. CA probably already started fixing it ever since the Norsca hiccup. I'm sure Kislev and DoW will come eventually after WH3 phase gears down. Just gotten be patient.

WHo knows. Maybe CA have already fixed WH1 code and are planning to release Kislev and/or DoW before WH3 gets announced. After all Grace said they "only have LPs left for WH2"... She never said anything about content for WH1, So it may be in the cards the WH1 content (Race Packs or LPs) gets released if WH3 is really still a long way off...
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
    Tayvar said:

Or Cathay *cough* I mean Three Kingdoms for that matter.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#

Chances are it'll be...

*Checks notes*

They're all undivided really. They could all use a mix of the gods units if taken in the TT. They've so far based every TT race off of its book, and Demons were undivided in their book, so Skarbrand could take Tzeentch units, Kairos could take Khorne units, Ku'Gath could take Slaanesh units, etc, etc.

Looking at it that way the one who misses out is probably one of the two we haven't seen unless they change up the formula significantly.
    But isnt it look stupid, you had Khorne LL plus whole his roster is only Tzeench units and couple mages with Tzeench lore?

Is like LL call:
    "Blood for blood god!"

And his army:
    "Are you idiot? We serve to Tzeench."

Than Skarbrand:
    "WTF you doing in mine army?"

Tzeench army:
    "We dont know, ask devopers."
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,615Registered Users
    Abmong said:

Kislev and DoW are pipe dreams for WH3. They don't have any lands that are likey to be on the WH3 Campaign map. CA didn't reuse any lands featured in WH1 on WH2 Vortex. Unlikely they will do so for WH3, especially since there are loads of lands left from the WH lore that hasn't been featured yet.

Western Norsca and Southern Badlands.

It's also something of an assumption that the game 3 map won't include some or even all of the Old World. It'd give Chaos a target to invade, and the Dark Lands and Mountains of Mourne don't represent as much real estate as the Vortex map (which technically covers about half of the world as a whole).

edited April 28
    Draxynnic said:

Abmong said:

Western Norsca and Southern Badlands.

It's also something of an assumption that the game 3 map won't include some or even all of the Old World. It'd give Chaos a target to invade, and the Dark Lands and Mountains of Mourne don't represent as much real estate as the Vortex map (which technically covers about half of the world as a whole).

But then you still have the issue of CA would use for LPs if each core factions launch with 2 LLs each like they did in WH1 and WH2. 2 LL launch... That's Kislev done already... DoW has like 3 LLs

Borgio the Besieger
    Lucrezzia Belladonna
    Lorenzo Lupo
    Marco Colombo (if CA stretches lore an somehow his still alive...)

None of which ever fought against or had anything to do with Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs or Ogre Kingdoms...

Chaos Gods' "Royal Rumble" is the only story that makes any sense for the Core Campaign and that invariably means (unfortunate for some) 4 Monogod core factions. Unless CA does "End Times" for WH3 campaign story. I'm sure I read somewhere they said they weren't going to do "End Times" in TW.