Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Warriors of Chaos rework, suggestions and speculation.

2»

Comments

• Ares354Ares354 Posts: 1,943Registered Users
    edited May 2
    Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

WoC update, not gonna happen you know, game 1 race. CA cant just add them units, and dont give a crap about Empire, GS, Bretonnia etc, WE.

CA have been updating game 1 races for the last year, you may not be happy with the updates but the old races are obviously all being updated. Also CA have added recycled units before, harpies to BM, so it is fairly obvious they could do the same for WoC
    Yes, yet non of update added tons of new units, Lords etc. Only Dawi got Slayer reskin. Harpies where added IN game 1 cyle, with We dlc. We talk about adding a lot of new units to race from game 1, with game 3. What if I own game 1 already >? Should I pay twice ? Nope.
    I am talking about the free update for WoC, not asking you to pay twice for the same content. And CA aren't updating old games, yes I guess that sucks if you own 2 and WoC are updated in 3, but that is simply a reality of the updating schedule - only a certain amount of DLCs in a game. Also harpies were a game 2 unit added to game 1, there is no reason a game 1 faction could not receive easy to port units at a later date especially as CA is intent on overhauling game 1 faction.

Also if you read my post you should be aware the units I suggested are going to be in DoC. Daemon princes would be a copy paste, juggernauts and hellstriders just need the rider changed and maybe some stat tweaks to reflect it, not the hardest of adds when CA will be working on updating the faction anyway. We have yet to see the changes to GS and Emp, who are most in need of the cores, so we can't really tell how big the patches will be (though most of the work clearly went to skaven not bretonnia, this patch was pretty huge and follows an increasing trend)
    You are very wrong. Harpies are game 1 units, added with WE dlc. Free update will never add new Lords, new units marked by Gods to WoC, no way. Non faction did get it, why do you think it will happen later ? You have 3 faction overhauled, tell me which of them got new Lords or many new units, even simple to add ?

We see what Empire and GS will get. But if no LL will come or units, you can say godbye to WoC update you wish to see.
    Harpies were ported to BM because they were developed already for the Dark Elves, I mean they were added 3-4 months before 2 was announced. If game 2 wasn't a thing, harpies probably would never have come to BM. So yes, we have had stuff developed for upcoming races ported to existing races. It is quite reasonable to say the same thing could happen. Since the WoC update may be in game 3 there is also the point that they would not even have to port across games. Not saying CA will absolutely do this, but it is both based on precedent and would be a easy win for CA, so it is a completely reasonable suggestion.
    WE dlc comes around end of december, 2016, second game come september, its 7 months. Can you prove your words about harpies ? no you cant, its all theories. One, big theory you cant prove.
    I said the gap to announce not release, what, do you think work started on units after they announced the game? Dark Elves have harpies, BM didn't start with them but got them a few months before the game with harpies in a core roster was announced - the connection is rather safe to infer. I can't see how you can argue that these things aren't connected.

Btw, this thread is for speculation on the WoC update and discussing the theories presented, not bashing CA. If you want to rant please take it somewhere else.
    What connections ? Where are then Tuskgor chariots? There where even easier to add then Harpies, WHY CA didint add them > ? or Wargor next easy units, hero to add.

So this topic is about Chaos or worshiping CA ? Because "fans" do both, because thye lack spine to tell truth about CA. I said why WoC wont get a thing, if CA wont change their policy about game 1. BM, Chaos are game 1 dlc, faction.

CA can sell them twice, no matter how you would love. And free update will never bring 6 new lord, new mosnter, tonsa of units. Just forget about it.
    Where are tuskgor chariots in the Dark elf roster? This just backs up my point, there were easier models to add, but they added a more difficult unit that is in a game 2 roster, not long before game 2 is announced.

CA is updating game 1 cores and flc races, there is no reason to think that they won't carry on and do dlc races after, even if that may take them into game 3. I mean they might stop, but there is literally no logical reason to think they will at this point, they have updated game 1 races before (BM and Murghur) and they are working through game 1 races one by one.

This is not about having a spine, it may have escaped you notice but people have different oppinions. No one on this forum apart from employees know "the truth" about CA. Disagreement with you on something like this is not indicative of my character, perhaps, however, your name- calling and presumptions of those who hold differing opinions is indicative of yours.
    DE have chariots, aint that right ? Yet BM didint get 2 units of chariots. So your point is valid.

Look what CA updates add, then talk this. You get like few tech changes, maybe Lord is moved. And Chaos need tons of new units, LORDS etc. How can you compere that ? BM where updated with game 1 as game 1 faction. You dont need to own 2 games. To play ME and get new updates of Dawi, Bretonnia, Vamp you need game 1 and game 2. Yet again, you dont know what are you talking about.

CA truth, make people belive Araby come, then bomb this up. clap clap clap.
    Yes, my point is valid. BM chariots are nothing like DE ones, harpies are the same model, hence they were added when they were ready (when they had made them as part of DE production), if it weren't for that they might well have added the easier chariot model.

CA created Murghur as a flc update to a dlc race, also it has been hinted that WE might get a LL (I know unconfirmed atm), however it shows that CA may well add LLs in reworks in the future, not certain for sure, but absolutely not impossible.

.... yes you need the old game and current one to take advantage of OW reworks, how is this at all a relevant point? Game 1 is done, the rework are to get transferred factions up to the new standard of the sequel. You aren't paying twice for the same content because you aren't buying the content again, if that is the point you are attempting to make.

When did they make people think araby would come? They stated that area was "currently occupied by bretonnia" once, with hindsight the hint was to Tks, it was the community that got that wrong. Maybe CA could have stepped in and said that araby wasn't coming, but they have no obligation to. Unless there was another occasion they hinted Araby? If not your "CA truth" seems not to live up to its name.
    CA had chariot model, yet the cut from BM one of the chariots they can use and have in lore. Why they do this ? Its make no sense, and with your harpies idea.

Do you get why they could add free LL to BM in game 1 ? Because you only had to own game 1, and game 2 wasnt a thing. Now understand this. IN GAME 2, CA cant just add LL to old world faction in Vortex and give game 2 owner full roster from game 1 with all DLC if you dont own game 1. Same goes for game 3. DO U GET THAT or not ? Why I have to repate myself ? IF CA will update with game 3 WoC, they have to marge all game in one, or somehow, do this way they wont forc, onwer of game 1, to pay twice for same units. You buy game 3 alone, and get as fcl Woc with new units, tell me, what I will get as owner of game 1 ?

My point is simple, game 3 onwer cant get WoC for free is we game 1 onwer had to pay for them.

They hinted Araby two times, and had no balls to tell community, they wont come. As for Kislev, they play same stupid game. If Kislev was game 1 race, CA should say so, and cut all hype. Hard isint it ?

I suspect that they cut the smaller chariots for budget/time reasons. Then the main team made the harpies whilst doing the Dark Elves, and the dlc team slipped it into the BM, or something to that general effect.

You do know that game 1 races aren't playable in the Vortex right? The flc would go to ME, just like every other part of an OW rework. If this were a paid cross game LP then I would agree it would present difficulties, but it isn't so there is no real problem. Do you understand? Just to be clear, nothing will change, you have to own both game 2 and 1 to access game 1 content (game 1 content only being accessible in ME). I suppose if game 1 additions are put into game 2 area they will just appear as unplayable factions, probably acting like dlc factions that have not been purchased by the player. Or they will be scrubbed from the Vortex.

People who have only got game 1 will get nothing new. The game is wrapped. People who got WoC bought the units and mechanics from game 1, nothing more. Ownership of both games includes the OW update stuff, as it requires both the vehicle that is game 2, as well as the ownership of the old faction you wish to play in it.

As I have quite exhaustively explained, those who own game 3 will not gain access to WoC for free, no matter how much they are updated in it. Owners of game 3 will however get access to it if they own the old content as well. This is no different from the current OW updates, a pure game 2 owner cannot access Bretonnia, Dwarfs or VCs, without also owning game 1 - the additional requirement for WoC will simply be to own the DLC as well. I am not sure why you think adding new LLs or units would make them an exception to this.

When was the other time they hinted Araby? I can only remember the game 2 map overview video. Are you sure, much like that "hint" the comunity wasn't just hearing what it wanted to hear? CA has no duty to correct an overexcited fanbase, and since doing so would reveal a lot about what their unnanounced content is, they shouldn't be expected to. What way does Kislev fit into this? You do realise that Kislev's position and lore makes it a perfect game 3 race (a game that is lacking other major factions to include), they are likely being saved for then.
    CA will never add WoC dlc again to game 3 so only game 3 owner could play them. But i think you dont understand this at all. Everchsoen who is not in game 3 because he is behind game 1 paywall, game 3 will be fun.

Nor CA can add WoC to game 3 as core race, because then it will be problem with people who own WOC already.
    I never said CA would add dlc to WoC, and i never said they would be a game 3 core. Where are you possibly getting any of this from? You seem to be accusing me of not understanding, then arguing against things i never said. The Everchosen will obviously be in game 3's equivalent of ME, playable by those with game 1 and WoC but an AI enemy for all, the narrative campaign will focus more on Daemons.

Is English your first language? That would certainly explain the misunderstandings of what I've been saying and your curious sentence construction (to be clear, your English is good for a second language).
    If game 3 will have same campaign as game 2 has, something like Vortex, there is no way for CA to add WoC. If game 3 will be game that use both game 2 and game 1, WoC arent problem to add. You are talking about huge fcl based on Monogods units and Lords option for WoC and BM. Its not possible if those game wont be part of game 3 races.

If game 3 will have ME, you face same kind of problem as now CA have with game 1 race in Vortex. If game 3 will have its own campaign, and WoC wont be part of it, flc will never add stuff you ask for, or maybe I am wrong, maybe Ca have solution for this.

English is my third language, so its hard to tell you stuff I would like to share with you, would be way easier in my own. Maybe now you will understand my pov on this matter.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,054Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

WoC update, not gonna happen you know, game 1 race. CA cant just add them units, and dont give a crap about Empire, GS, Bretonnia etc, WE.

CA have been updating game 1 races for the last year, you may not be happy with the updates but the old races are obviously all being updated. Also CA have added recycled units before, harpies to BM, so it is fairly obvious they could do the same for WoC
    Yes, yet non of update added tons of new units, Lords etc. Only Dawi got Slayer reskin. Harpies where added IN game 1 cyle, with We dlc. We talk about adding a lot of new units to race from game 1, with game 3. What if I own game 1 already >? Should I pay twice ? Nope.
    I am talking about the free update for WoC, not asking you to pay twice for the same content. And CA aren't updating old games, yes I guess that sucks if you own 2 and WoC are updated in 3, but that is simply a reality of the updating schedule - only a certain amount of DLCs in a game. Also harpies were a game 2 unit added to game 1, there is no reason a game 1 faction could not receive easy to port units at a later date especially as CA is intent on overhauling game 1 faction.

Also if you read my post you should be aware the units I suggested are going to be in DoC. Daemon princes would be a copy paste, juggernauts and hellstriders just need the rider changed and maybe some stat tweaks to reflect it, not the hardest of adds when CA will be working on updating the faction anyway. We have yet to see the changes to GS and Emp, who are most in need of the cores, so we can't really tell how big the patches will be (though most of the work clearly went to skaven not bretonnia, this patch was pretty huge and follows an increasing trend)
    You are very wrong. Harpies are game 1 units, added with WE dlc. Free update will never add new Lords, new units marked by Gods to WoC, no way. Non faction did get it, why do you think it will happen later ? You have 3 faction overhauled, tell me which of them got new Lords or many new units, even simple to add ?

We see what Empire and GS will get. But if no LL will come or units, you can say godbye to WoC update you wish to see.
    Harpies were ported to BM because they were developed already for the Dark Elves, I mean they were added 3-4 months before 2 was announced. If game 2 wasn't a thing, harpies probably would never have come to BM. So yes, we have had stuff developed for upcoming races ported to existing races. It is quite reasonable to say the same thing could happen. Since the WoC update may be in game 3 there is also the point that they would not even have to port across games. Not saying CA will absolutely do this, but it is both based on precedent and would be a easy win for CA, so it is a completely reasonable suggestion.
    WE dlc comes around end of december, 2016, second game come september, its 7 months. Can you prove your words about harpies ? no you cant, its all theories. One, big theory you cant prove.
    I said the gap to announce not release, what, do you think work started on units after they announced the game? Dark Elves have harpies, BM didn't start with them but got them a few months before the game with harpies in a core roster was announced - the connection is rather safe to infer. I can't see how you can argue that these things aren't connected.

Btw, this thread is for speculation on the WoC update and discussing the theories presented, not bashing CA. If you want to rant please take it somewhere else.
    What connections ? Where are then Tuskgor chariots? There where even easier to add then Harpies, WHY CA didint add them > ? or Wargor next easy units, hero to add.

So this topic is about Chaos or worshiping CA ? Because "fans" do both, because thye lack spine to tell truth about CA. I said why WoC wont get a thing, if CA wont change their policy about game 1. BM, Chaos are game 1 dlc, faction.

CA can sell them twice, no matter how you would love. And free update will never bring 6 new lord, new mosnter, tonsa of units. Just forget about it.
    Where are tuskgor chariots in the Dark elf roster? This just backs up my point, there were easier models to add, but they added a more difficult unit that is in a game 2 roster, not long before game 2 is announced.

CA is updating game 1 cores and flc races, there is no reason to think that they won't carry on and do dlc races after, even if that may take them into game 3. I mean they might stop, but there is literally no logical reason to think they will at this point, they have updated game 1 races before (BM and Murghur) and they are working through game 1 races one by one.

This is not about having a spine, it may have escaped you notice but people have different oppinions. No one on this forum apart from employees know "the truth" about CA. Disagreement with you on something like this is not indicative of my character, perhaps, however, your name- calling and presumptions of those who hold differing opinions is indicative of yours.
    DE have chariots, aint that right ? Yet BM didint get 2 units of chariots. So your point is valid.

Look what CA updates add, then talk this. You get like few tech changes, maybe Lord is moved. And Chaos need tons of new units, LORDS etc. How can you compere that ? BM where updated with game 1 as game 1 faction. You dont need to own 2 games. To play ME and get new updates of Dawi, Bretonnia, Vamp you need game 1 and game 2. Yet again, you dont know what are you talking about.

CA truth, make people belive Araby come, then bomb this up. clap clap clap.
    Yes, my point is valid. BM chariots are nothing like DE ones, harpies are the same model, hence they were added when they were ready (when they had made them as part of DE production), if it weren't for that they might well have added the easier chariot model.

CA created Murghur as a flc update to a dlc race, also it has been hinted that WE might get a LL (I know unconfirmed atm), however it shows that CA may well add LLs in reworks in the future, not certain for sure, but absolutely not impossible.

.... yes you need the old game and current one to take advantage of OW reworks, how is this at all a relevant point? Game 1 is done, the rework are to get transferred factions up to the new standard of the sequel. You aren't paying twice for the same content because you aren't buying the content again, if that is the point you are attempting to make.

When did they make people think araby would come? They stated that area was "currently occupied by bretonnia" once, with hindsight the hint was to Tks, it was the community that got that wrong. Maybe CA could have stepped in and said that araby wasn't coming, but they have no obligation to. Unless there was another occasion they hinted Araby? If not your "CA truth" seems not to live up to its name.
    CA had chariot model, yet the cut from BM one of the chariots they can use and have in lore. Why they do this ? Its make no sense, and with your harpies idea.

Do you get why they could add free LL to BM in game 1 ? Because you only had to own game 1, and game 2 wasnt a thing. Now understand this. IN GAME 2, CA cant just add LL to old world faction in Vortex and give game 2 owner full roster from game 1 with all DLC if you dont own game 1. Same goes for game 3. DO U GET THAT or not ? Why I have to repate myself ? IF CA will update with game 3 WoC, they have to marge all game in one, or somehow, do this way they wont forc, onwer of game 1, to pay twice for same units. You buy game 3 alone, and get as fcl Woc with new units, tell me, what I will get as owner of game 1 ?

My point is simple, game 3 onwer cant get WoC for free is we game 1 onwer had to pay for them.

They hinted Araby two times, and had no balls to tell community, they wont come. As for Kislev, they play same stupid game. If Kislev was game 1 race, CA should say so, and cut all hype. Hard isint it ?

I suspect that they cut the smaller chariots for budget/time reasons. Then the main team made the harpies whilst doing the Dark Elves, and the dlc team slipped it into the BM, or something to that general effect.

You do know that game 1 races aren't playable in the Vortex right? The flc would go to ME, just like every other part of an OW rework. If this were a paid cross game LP then I would agree it would present difficulties, but it isn't so there is no real problem. Do you understand? Just to be clear, nothing will change, you have to own both game 2 and 1 to access game 1 content (game 1 content only being accessible in ME). I suppose if game 1 additions are put into game 2 area they will just appear as unplayable factions, probably acting like dlc factions that have not been purchased by the player. Or they will be scrubbed from the Vortex.

People who have only got game 1 will get nothing new. The game is wrapped. People who got WoC bought the units and mechanics from game 1, nothing more. Ownership of both games includes the OW update stuff, as it requires both the vehicle that is game 2, as well as the ownership of the old faction you wish to play in it.

As I have quite exhaustively explained, those who own game 3 will not gain access to WoC for free, no matter how much they are updated in it. Owners of game 3 will however get access to it if they own the old content as well. This is no different from the current OW updates, a pure game 2 owner cannot access Bretonnia, Dwarfs or VCs, without also owning game 1 - the additional requirement for WoC will simply be to own the DLC as well. I am not sure why you think adding new LLs or units would make them an exception to this.

When was the other time they hinted Araby? I can only remember the game 2 map overview video. Are you sure, much like that "hint" the comunity wasn't just hearing what it wanted to hear? CA has no duty to correct an overexcited fanbase, and since doing so would reveal a lot about what their unnanounced content is, they shouldn't be expected to. What way does Kislev fit into this? You do realise that Kislev's position and lore makes it a perfect game 3 race (a game that is lacking other major factions to include), they are likely being saved for then.
    CA will never add WoC dlc again to game 3 so only game 3 owner could play them. But i think you dont understand this at all. Everchsoen who is not in game 3 because he is behind game 1 paywall, game 3 will be fun.

Nor CA can add WoC to game 3 as core race, because then it will be problem with people who own WOC already.
    I never said CA would add dlc to WoC, and i never said they would be a game 3 core. Where are you possibly getting any of this from? You seem to be accusing me of not understanding, then arguing against things i never said. The Everchosen will obviously be in game 3's equivalent of ME, playable by those with game 1 and WoC but an AI enemy for all, the narrative campaign will focus more on Daemons.

Is English your first language? That would certainly explain the misunderstandings of what I've been saying and your curious sentence construction (to be clear, your English is good for a second language).
    If game 3 will have same campaign as game 2 has, something like Vortex, there is no way for CA to add WoC. If game 3 will be game that use both game 2 and game 1, WoC arent problem to add. You are talking about huge fcl based on Monogods units and Lords option for WoC and BM. Its not possible if those game wont be part of game 3 races.

If game 3 will have ME, you face same kind of problem as now CA have with game 1 race in Vortex. If game 3 will have its own campaign, and WoC wont be part of it, flc will never add stuff you ask for, or maybe I am wrong, maybe Ca have solution for this.

English is my third language, so its hard to tell you stuff I would like to share with you, would be way easier in my own. Maybe now you will understand my pov on this matter.
    Haha, I think we have hit the root of our communication problem.

To me though this does not seem to be an issue. It will be just like the other OW updates, only playable on ME (or its game 3 equivalent), yet present in the "vortex". I don't see it as necessary that the WoC are playable in game 3's Vortex at all, even with updated lords etc, they will just be playable in ME.

Yes I admit my idea is far larger than reworks have been so far (though I hope they will continue to grow to give proper treatment to the races that need them most), though given the fact that the models, and mechanics, needed for them will exist already in game 3, I feel that it is not outside the potential bounds of a game 3 rework.