Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

R.T. “Bob” Smith answered on Total War Three Kingdoms

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
R.T. “Bob” Smith is someone who previously worked with Total War, but left due to other reasons. He worked on Rome Total War and Medieval 2, as AI Programmer, Designer and Project Director, then later split off and developed Oriental Empires

Here's what he says about 3K

Looks like CA are doing a fantastic job with Three Kingdoms, and I'm looking forward to playing it. But Three Kingdoms is only a hundred years in a history that spans thousands.

I'd suggest playing Oriental Empires while you wait for TW Three Kingdoms to come out. It'll give you an overview Chinese history and civilization and give you the context of why everyone is rebelling in Three Kingdoms.

Source

https://steamcommunity.com/app/357310/discussions/0/1678063648162528578/?tscn=1555785650#c1678063648163749819

Comments

• YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    Your basically telling people to go buy and play a diffrent game on 3k offical forums. Doesn't seem right.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,323Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Zeues1992Zeues1992 Posts: 225Registered Users
    That developer is just trying to use 3k popularly for his advantage, shame on him.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,629Registered Users
    edited April 21
    A bit too primitive and unambitious for my tastes. When this game was in development I posted some suggestions on their forum to make Oriental Empires more realistic and in-depth in army organization, imperial politics and administration, increased role of characters etc. The dev pretty much told me he would rather play it safe as he is targeting the people who prefer the simplistic Civilization style gameplay, and those features will go over their heads.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    edited April 21

That developer is just trying to use 3k popularly for his advantage, shame on him.

That's a normal response from a dev in that position imo
    Yaafm said:

Your basically telling people to go buy and play a diffrent game on 3k offical forums. Doesn't seem right.

Nah you got it wrong, the person used to work with Total War, so it's nice that he's congrats 3K in a way. It's actually the opposite and it's good for 3K

• YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    If it was entirely good will, he wouldn't of shilled his game at the same time.
    I doubt anything would of been said at all if he didn't want to promote his game.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    edited April 22
    Yaafm said:

I doubt anything would of been said at all if he didn't want to promote his game.

Anyway, I'll let you know that I'm trying to promote 3K on other game's forums and such related to China, but I'm actually the one invading to draw people onto 3K :)

• LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,240Registered Users
    Yaafm said:

At least it was not like the Paradox dev commenting the AI (or non existance of it) for Empire Total War which CA then calls for a duel.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 759Registered Users
    Oriental Empire showed a great deal of historical accuracy and detail, just about the only game of the setting to do so. You can tell the Developers actually cared to read the historical texts.