Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ITS OFFICIAL:No more new race packs, only Lord packs... :@

Comments

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,305

Not to be that person, but this was confirmed 21 days ago...

Dude, many of us work have lives other than this,many don't know. many don't keep taps unless its from a social media page....whit the tittle "no more race packs" so far i got 500 views that's goes to show many dint know.
    It proves nothing of the sort. How about giving a round up of how many in this thread containing old news didn't know? What's next? The Official report of the Battle of Kadesh?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,096
    edited May 2019

Dude, many of us work have lives other than this,many don't know. many don't keep taps unless its from a social media page....whit the tittle "no more race packs" so far i got 500 views that's goes to show many dint know.
    It proves nothing of the sort. How about giving a round up of how many in this thread containing old news didn't know? What's next? The Official report of the Battle of Kadesh?
    What what what? Kadesh? Nooo, I slept too loooooooooong! Quick, what did I miss? I hope nothing important...

• SDMSDM Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 236
    It's because they're starting full development on Warhammer 3.

Remember how they did Norsca after Warhammer 2 was in production and it led to a massive disaster for them when the code was too divergent to be easily added back in and they had to halt other DLC production to rebuild it from scratch in the WH2 code? Costing them a bunch of time and money and upsetting the fanbase.

They aren't going to risk that again so they aren't going to do anything that would require extensive code branching. A lord pack where it's some new units and some scripting is fine. Another race? Not a chance. Three Kingdoms is wrapping up, people are shifting to go full speed on WH3, the time is up for any plans for anything else really ambitious or major in WH2.

• NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,859

I love how you are easily offended in response to a comment that wasn't offensive just merely pointing out a fact.

If you're telling me you work for a living and in the past 21+ days now you never once hopped on the internet, then that's on you. I highly doubt that happened. Don't make excuses as if everybody else here doesn't work. We all knew.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 1,986
    edited May 2019
    Forgive me but do cross-game Lord Packs really work? I mean then you need to own both games in order to use the DLC... I'm all for it but does that actually work out or am I overthinking it?

Also I must say I am really disappointed at the lack of race packs for TWW2. We got arguably Norsca as the preorder (it was available in TWW1 first though, and for quite a while given the notorious screw up, so not sure it truly counts), Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast. I had expected at least one more (Araby or DoW), maybe two, especially given how long TWW2 has been out now and how much longer the wait still is for TWW3.

I was never a fan of the series being released bit by bit over years anyway, but at least with regular, major content updates it keeps you interested and playing. Instead we're getting relatively small additions with agonisingly lost waits in between. It's kinda stealing the oxygen from the franchise and suffocating it a bit.

Not gonna lie, it was quite a while before the most recent DLC that I played at all. I do love the game and I think they've done a terrific job with what we have but I think they could've planned production better. :/
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,556
    It is what it is. No Lord Pack is ever going to compare to a full on Campaign Pack. But at least with the current quality they are doing quite well trying to compensate. Going forward though let’s see what they can pull out of the hat to make us go ”whoa!”.

My excitement for TWW2 is a bit dulled at the moment because of the lack of coming new races. I’m still going to enjoy whatever comes out but I’ve started to look forward to TWW3 instead for the sake of new races. Where previously I didn’t really care when TWW3 was to come out.

It’s going to be a long, dull wait. But at least there is every possibility that once TWW3 rolls around that TWW1&2 races will look in very good shape. Let’s just hope that Lord Packs aren’t only reserved for TWW2 races.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 1,893

I love how you are easily offended in response to a comment that wasn't offensive just merely pointing out a fact.

If you're telling me you work for a living and in the past 21+ days now you never once hopped on the internet, then that's on you. I highly doubt that happened. Don't make excuses as if everybody else here doesn't work. We all knew.
    I didn't know and I haven't worked at all in the last 3 weeks. However, I have been on something of a forum/social media detox so that maybe explains it. I have been living under a proverbial rock.

However, the tone of your comment was pleasant enough.

Since threads are "old and dead" in a matter of days with these forums, I will take this opportunity to cringe for Southern Realms and Araby, but rub my paws together at the thought of more LLs being added to existing races.

I can't wait for the next Lord Pack to reveal the sort of thing we can expect. I think Empire, Greenskins, WE and Beastmen could be looking at DLC or FLC LLs when their updates roll around. Maybe that's why they were left until last.
    Grom comes. Elves quake. Grom comes. Dragons wake.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,343
    edited May 2019

Forgive me but do cross-game Lord Packs really work? I mean then you need to own both games in order to use the DLC... I'm all for it but does that actually work out or am I overthinking it?

Also I must say I am really disappointed at the lack of race packs for TWW2. We got arguably Norsca as the preorder (it was available in TWW1 first though, and for quite a while given the notorious screw up, so not sure it truly counts), Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast. I had expected at least one more (Araby or DoW), maybe two, especially given how long TWW2 has been out now and how much longer the wait still is for TWW3.

I was never a fan of the series being released bit by bit over years anyway, but at least with regular, major content updates it keeps you interested and playing. Instead we're getting relatively small additions with agonisingly lost waits in between. It's kinda stealing the oxygen from the franchise and suffocating it a bit.

Not gonna lie, it was quite a while before the most recent DLC that I played at all. I do love the game and I think they've done a terrific job with what we have but I think they could've planned production better. :/

Cross game LPs could be made to work, probably quite easily. Give access to the LL in the pack only, and take away a few units from core faction (e.g. Arachnorok for GS) for people without game 1. This should give enough access, whilst making sure game 1 is still relevant. The game 1 LLs don't need to participate in the ritual, we already have a couple of factions that don't so no issues there.
  • blacksphemyblacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 395
    RikRiorik said:

It is what it is. No Lord Pack is ever going to compare to a full on Campaign Pack. But at least with the current quality they are doing quite well trying to compensate. Going forward though let’s see what they can pull out of the hat to make us go ”whoa!”.

My excitement for TWW2 is a bit dulled at the moment because of the lack of coming new races. I’m still going to enjoy whatever comes out but I’ve started to look forward to TWW3 instead for the sake of new races. Where previously I didn’t really care when TWW3 was to come out.

It’s going to be a long, dull wait. But at least there is every possibility that once TWW3 rolls around that TWW1&2 races will look in very good shape. Let’s just hope that Lord Packs aren’t only reserved for TWW2 races.

While I dont have the fortitude of @Nyxilis in hoping for a preorder race pack that is playable in tww2, I did find the temerity to hope that they can find fun enough ways to implement lord packs to dull the araby shaped ache in my life

Just for the record, I opened the thread bc I thought that CA had clarified Grace's conflictory reddit messages, but my hope was quickly quashed

RikRiorik said:

While I dont have the fortitude of @Nyxilis in hoping for a preorder race pack that is playable in tww2, I did find the temerity to hope that they can find fun enough ways to implement lord packs to dull the araby shaped ache in my life

Just for the record, I opened the thread bc I thought that CA had clarified Grace's conflictory reddit messages, but my hope was quickly quashed
    The way the last two Lord Packs have looked and certainly the last one there is good reason to think that the coming Lord Packs will be able to somewhat fill that gaping hole. I wouldn’t hold out any hope for a preorder race but I won’t discard the idea. Only time will tell.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,718

RikRiorik said:

Folks have still yet to name anything that would be a good replacement for that, that wouldn't cause a WoC level uproar, be rejected as less than a race pack, or that it wont be. I don't know if I would call it fortitude but rather doubt on the assertion that it is something else.

But I'm not exactly woefully sad about lord packs either. Like I often say, more complaints per minute on this forum about missing units and lords. In comes a solution and... people balk?
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 1,893
    Nyxilis said:

RikRiorik said:

Folks have still yet to name anything that would be a good replacement for that, that wouldn't cause a WoC level uproar, be rejected as less than a race pack, or that it wont be. I don't know if I would call it fortitude but rather doubt on the assertion that it is something else.

But I'm not exactly woefully sad about lord packs either. Like I often say, more complaints per minute on this forum about missing units and lords. In comes a solution and... people balk?
    I think a race pack is still the most likely outcome for a "pre-order" if there is one. CA will get their branches sorted properly this time if they are going to do it. They will make it and game 2 integrate smoothly with game 3. I think this caution is why DLC have taken a lot longer to release since TKs. They are making sure to have their ducks in a row.
    Grom comes. Elves quake. Grom comes. Dragons wake.
  • ObsidiusObsidius Registered Users Posts: 40
    Going to repost something I posted on /tg/ a few weeks back (with minor updating), specifically an up to date list on missing units for various factions since the recent Prophet and Warlock lord pack release.

-Wood Elves: Spellweaver, Shadowdancer, Wildwood Ranger, and Deepwood Scout. (4)
    -Beastmen: Great Bray Shaman, Wargor, Tuskgor, Ghorgon, and Jabberslythe. (5)
    -Warriors of Chaos: Chaos Ogre, Skullcrusher, Hellstrider, Chimera, Slaughterbrute, and Mutalith Vortex Beast. (6)
    -Vampire Counts: Peasant Levies, Spirit Host, Coven Throne, and Abyssal Terror. (4)
    -Dark Elves: High Beastmaster, Fleetmaster, Dark Elf Master, Bloodwrack Shrine/Medusa, and Scourgerunner Chariot. (5/6)
    -High Elves: Archmage, Dragon Mage, Sea Helm, Lion Chariot, and Skycutter. (5)
    -Skaven: Verminlord, Packmaster, Poison Wind Mortar, Warp Grinder, and Giant Rat. (5)
    -Lizardmen: Troglodon and Razordon. (2)
    -Bretonnia: Sons of Bretonnia. (1)
    -Greenskins: Orc Big Boss, Snotling/Pump Wagon, Great Cave Squig, Mangler Squig, Spear Chukka, Iron Boyz, and Orc Bully. (7/8)
    -Holy Empire: Wizard Lord, Grand Master, Master Engineer, Archer, War Altar, Celestial Hurricanum, and War Wagon. (7)
    -Tomb Kings: Liche High Priest and Tomb Herald. (2)

Notes: Standard dwarf engineers were considered pilots of gyro vehicles, tomb/jungle swarms were counted as spells/effects, most missing units count as a variation of lord/hero already in game, snotlings and spirit hosts do appear as followers, a medusa did appear in a cinematic for the dark elf campaign, Warriors of Chaos are also missing War Shrines although Norsca has them so it went unaccounted, and Dread Saurians appear on the campaign map although like Black Leviathans they are not interactable.

That should be all the missing units up to this point.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,343
    Obsidius said:

Going to repost something I posted on /tg/ a few weeks back (with minor updating), specifically an up to date list on missing units for various factions since the recent Prophet and Warlock lord pack release.

-Wood Elves: Spellweaver, Shadowdancer, Wildwood Ranger, and Deepwood Scout. (4)
    -Warriors of Chaos: Chaos Ogre, Skullcrusher, Hellstrider, Chimera, Slaughterbrute, and Mutalith Vortex Beast. (6)
    -Vampire Counts: Peasant Levies, Spirit Host, Coven Throne, and Abyssal Terror. (4)
    -Dark Elves: High Beastmaster, Fleetmaster, Dark Elf Master, Bloodwrack Shrine/Medusa, and Scourgerunner Chariot. (5/6)
    -Skaven: Verminlord, Packmaster, Poison Wind Mortar, Warp Grinder, and Giant Rat. (5)
    -Greenskins: Orc Big Boss, Snotling/Pump Wagon, Great Cave Squig, Mangler Squig, Spear Chukka, Iron Boyz, and Orc Bully. (7/8)
    -Holy Empire: Wizard Lord, Grand Master, Master Engineer, Archer, War Altar, Celestial Hurricanum, and War Wagon. (7)

Notes: Standard dwarf engineers were considered pilots of gyro vehicles, tomb/jungle swarms were counted as spells/effects, most missing units count as a variation of lord/hero already in game, snotlings and spirit hosts do appear as followers, a medusa did appear in a cinematic for the dark elf campaign, Warriors of Chaos are also missing War Shrines although Norsca has them so it went unaccounted, and Dread Saurians appear on the campaign map although like Black Leviathans they are not interactable.

You're missing a few bits and bobs:

BM - Doombull, Preyton (kinda side one but still)
    WE - great stag (mount)
    WoC - Warshrine, all Marked stuff
    VC - Cairn Wraith Hero
    HE - Anointed of Asurian, Merwyrm
    Sk - Brood Horror, Pox Rat (mount), Chimearat, Wolf Rats (FW)
    LM - possibly Dread Saurian, unlikely Coatl
    Empire- Knightly Orders: White Wolf and Panther particularly
    Tks- Bone Giant melee variants, Khemric Titan (FW, super unit like Saurian)

Forgot about Abyssal Terror, that would be cool to see!
    Nyxilis said:

RikRiorik said:

I’ve never complained about missing units after a Lord Pack release for a certain race has come along. Not to my knowledge. I think most if not all races are perfectly fine roster wise where they sit now. Another reason I’m not too happy that there aren’t seemingly any more race packs coming before TWW3.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 4,259
    @Obsidius, here is my list. Its missing some lords for sure but its pretty comprehensive.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/241086/semi-exhaustive-list-of-possible-units-for-existing-factions#latest

Lizardmen

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Gor-Rok (8E Lizardmen)
    Nakkai The Wanderer (No Rules/8E Lizardmen)
    Oxyotl (8E Lizardmen)
    Tetto'eko (8E Lizardmen)
    Chakax The Eternity Warden (8E Lizardmen)

Generic Lords
    Slann - Life, Fire, Metal, Beasts, Shadow, Death (8E Lizardmen)

Units
    Razordon Hunting Pack (8E Lizardmen)
    Troglodon & Skink Oracle (8E Lizardmen)
    Dread Saurian (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Coatl (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Arcanodon (6E Lustria)
    Great Wyrm (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Thunder Lizard (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Feral Troglodon (Invented/8E Lizardmen)
    Ancient Razordon (Invented/8E Lizardmen)

Skaven

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Thanquol & Boneripper (7E Skaven & End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Throt The Unclean (7E Skaven)
    Ghoritch (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Skweel Gnawtooth (7E Skaven)
    Skreech Verminking (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Deathmaster Snikch (7E Skaven)

Generic Lords
    Master Mutator (6E Skaven)
    Master Assassin (6E Skaven & 6E Storm of Chaos)
    Plauge Pontifex (6E Lustria)
    Plague Lord (6E Skaven & 6E Lustria)
    Verminlord (7E Skaven)
    Verminlord - Corruptors, Deceivers, Warbringers, Warpseers(End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Exulted Verminlord (Monstrous Arcanum)

Generic Heros
    Chieftain (7E Skaven)
    Master Moulder (6E Skaven)
    Harbingers of Mutation (6E Skaven)
    Eshin Sorcerer (6E Skaven & 6E Storm of Chaos)
    Festering Chantor (6E Skaven & 6E Lustria)
    Stinking Thing (6E Lustria)

Units
    Giant Rats (7E Skaven)
    Clanrats w/Warp Grinders (7E Skaven)
    Poison Wind Mortars (7E Skaven)
    Wolf Rats (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Brood Horror (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Eshin Triad (6E Storm of Chaos)
    Rotten Rodents (6E Lustria)
    Puss Bags (6E Lustria)
    Frothing Giant Rats (6E Lustria)
    Mad Rat Ogres (6E Lustria)
    Rat Spawn (6E Lustria)
    Throtlings (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Mutant Rat Ogres (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Armored Rat Ogres (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Augmented Rat Ogres (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Aberration (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Burrowing Behemoth (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Chimaerat (White Dwarf UK #311)
    Stormfiends "Melee" - Grinderfist, Shock-Gauntlets, Doom Flayer Gauntlets (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)
    Stormfiends "Ranged" - Ratling Cannaons, Warpfire Projectors, Windlaunchers (End Times IV: Thanquol Book 2)

Mounts
    War-litter - Warlord (7E Skaven)
    Great Pox Rat - Warlord, Plague Priest (7E Skaven)
    Brood Horror - Warlord (Monstrous Arcanum)

High Elves

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Eltharion The Grim (8E High Elves)
    Prince Imrik (6E High Elves? & End Times Vol III: Khaine)
    Finnubar (No Rules/8E High Elves)
    Caradryan (8E High Elves)
    Belannaer The Wise (7E High Elves)
    Korhil (8E High Elves)
    Sea Lord Aislinn (Storm of Chaos)

Generic Lords
    Archmage - High, Light, Life, Heavens, Fire, Metal, Beasts, Shadow, Death (8E High Elves)
    Anointed of Assuryan (8E High Elves)

Generic Heros
    Mage - Metal, Beasts, Death (8E High Elves)
    Dragon Mage (8E High Elves)
    Lothern Sea Helm (8E High Elves)

Units
    Warlions of Chrace (6E Storm of Magic)
    Lion Chariot (8E High Elves)
    Lothern Skycutter (8E High Elves)
    Arcane Phoenix (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Myrwyrm (Monstrous Arcanum & 6E Storm of Chaos)

Mounts
    Flame & Frosheart Phoenix - Anointed of Assurian (8E High Elves)
    Griffin - Prince, Noble (8E High Elves)
    Lothern Skycutter - Lothern Sea Helm (8E High Elves)

Dark Elves

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Malus Darkblade (8E Dark Elves)
    Beastlord Rakhart (5E Dark Elves)
    Shadowblade (8E Dark Elves)
    Kouran Darkhand (8E Dark Elves)
    Tullaris Deadbringer (8E Dark Elves)
    Urian Poisonblade (5E Dark Elves)

Generic Lords
    Black Ark Fleetmaster (8E Dark Elves) (In the game Campaign only on Black Arks)
    High Beastmaster (8E Dark Elves)
    Druchii Anointed (6E Storm of Chaos) (Cult of Pleasure only)
    Supreme Sorceress - Light, Life, Heavens, Metal (8E Dark Elves)

Generic Heros
    Master (8E High Elves)
    Sorceress - Light, Life, Heavens, Metal (8E Dark Elves)

Units
    Bloodwrack Medusa (8E Dark Elves)
    Bloodwrack Shrine (8E Dark Elves)
    Scourgerunner Chariot (8E Dark Elves)
    Devoted of Slannesh (6E Storm of Chaos) (Cult of Pleasure only)
    Slannesh Marked DE units (6E Storm of Chaos) (Cult of Pleasure only)

Mounts
    Scourgerunner Chariot - High Beastmaster (8E Dark Elves)

Tomb Kings

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Prince Apophas, the Cursed Scarab Lord (8E Tomb Kings)
    Ramhotep the Visionary (8E Tomb Kings)
    Tomb Herald Nekaph (8E Tomb Kings)
    Sehenesmet the Vizier of Quatar (6E Tomb Kings/No Rules)

Generic Lords
    Liche High Priest (8E Tomb Kings)

Generic Heros
    Tomb Heralds (8E Tomb Kings)

Units
    Necrolith Colossus w/GW (8E Tomb Kings)
    Bone Giant [Necrolith Colossus] Sword & Shield (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Khemric Titan (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Incarnate Elemental of Death (Monstrous Arcanum) (Maybe or Vamp Counts)

Wood Elves

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Ariel (5E Wood Elves)
    Araloth (8E Wood Elves)
    Drycha (8E Wood Elves)
    Naestra & Arahan (8E Wood Elves)

Generic Lords
    Spellweaver - High, Light, Life, Heavens, Fire, Metal, Beasts, Shadow, Death, Dark (8E Wood Elves)

Generic Heros
    Glade Captain (8E Wood Elves)
    Shadow Dancer (8E Wood Elves)
    Spellsinger - Light, Heavens, Fire, Metal, Death (8E Wood Elves)

Units
    Glade Guard - Moonfire, Swiftshiver, Trueflight, Archane Bodkin (8E Wood Elves)
    Glade Rider - Starfire, Moonfire, Swiftshiver, Trueflight, Archane Bodkin (8E Wood Elves)
    Deepwood Scout - Starfire, Moonfire, Hagsbane, Trueflight, Archane Bodkin (8E Wood Elves)

Mounts
    Great Stag - Glade Lord Glade, Captain (8E Wood Elves)
    Unicorn - Spellsinger, Spellweaver (8E Wood Elves)

Beastmen

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Ghorros Warhoof (7E Beastmen)
    Moonclaw (7E Beastmen)
    Taurox The Brass Bull (7E Beastmen)
    Molokh Slugtongue (7E Beastmen)
    Ungrol Four-Horn (7E Beastmen)

Generic Lords
    Doombull (7E Beastmen)
    Great Bray Shaman (7E Beastmen)

Generic Heros
    Wargor (7E Beastmen)

Units
    Tuskgor Chariot (7E Beastmen)
    Ghorgon (7E Beastmen)
    Jabberslythe (7E Beastmen)
    Marked Ungors - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Marked Gors - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Marked Minotaurs - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Marked Chaos Spawn - Khorne, Slannesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle (6E Beastmen & End Times II: Glottkin Book 2)
    Preyton (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Incarnate Elemental of Beasts (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Cockatrice (Storm of Magic)
    Great Spined Chaos Beast (Storm of Magic)

Mounts
    Tuskgor Chariot - Beastlord, Great Bray Shaman, Wargor, Bray Shaman (7E Beastmen)

Empire

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Kurt Helborg (8E Empire)
    Ludwig Schwarzhelm (8E Empire)
    Markus Wulfhart (8E Empire)
    Marius Leitdorf (8E Empire)
    Luthor Huss (8E Empire)
    Aldebrand Ludenhof, Elector Count of Hochland (4E Empire?)
    Valmir von Raukov, Elector Count of Ostland (4E Empire?)
    Thyrus Gormann, Patriarch of the Bright Order (4E Empire?)
    Valten, Exaulted of Sigmar (Storm of Chaos)
    High Priest Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir (Storm of Chaos)
    Theodore Bruckner (Tamurkhan)
    Elspeth von Draken (Tamurkhan)
    Jubal Falk (Tamurkhan)

Generic Lords
    Battle Wizard Lord - Light, Life, Heavens, Fire, Metal, Beasts, Shadow, Death (8E Empire)
    Grand Master (8E Empire)
    Grand Master of the Knights of the White Wolf (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    High Priest of Ulric (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)

Generic Heros
    Wizard - Metal, Death (8E Empire)
    Master Engineer (8E Empire)
    Seneschal of the White Wolf (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Priest of Ulric (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)

Units
    Empire State Archer (8E Empire) (Not sure how they'd be different from X-Bows)
    Huntsman (8E Empire)
    Celestial Hurricanum (8E Empire)
    Knights of the White Wolf (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Tutogen Guard (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Warriors of Ulric (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Hunting Hounds (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Wolf-Kin (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Wolf-Kin w/GW (Middenland Only) (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Nuln Ironsides (Nuln Only?) (Tamurkhan)
    Marienburg Land Ship (Marienburg Only?) (Tamurkhan)
    Steam Tank Volley Gun "Alter Kamerad" (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Steam Tank Mortar "Unfehlbar" (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    Empire War Wagon (4E Empire) (Not if Kislev War Wagons Make It)

Mounts
    Mechanical Steed - Master Engineer (8E Empire)
    Steam Tank Engineer's Fighting Platform "Von Zeppel" - Master Engineer (Warhammer Chronicles 2004)
    The Imperial Dragon - Karl Franz (8E Empire)

Dwarfs

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Josef Bugman (8E Dwarfs)
    Thorek Ironbrow (8E Dwarfs)
    Grimm Burloksson (8E Dwarfs)
    King Kazador (4E Dwarfs? & White Dwarf UK #315)
    Alrik Ranulfsson (6E Dwarfs)
    Kragg the Grimm, Runelorrd of Karaz-a-Karak (4E Dwarfs?)
    Burlok Damminson, Guildmaster of the Engineer's Guild (4E Dwarfs?)
    Garagrim Iron Fist (Storm of Chaos)
    Malakai Makaisson (Storm of Chaos)

Generic Lords
    Daemon Slayer (8E Dwarfs)

Generic Heros
    Dragon Slayer (8E Dwarfs)

Units
    Miners w/ Steam Drill (8E Dwarfs)
    Doomseeker (6E Storm of Chaos)
    Goblin Hewer (6E Storm of Chaos)
    Slayer Pirates (6E Storm of Chaos) (Unless DoW make it)
    Dwarf Thunderbarge (8E Warhammer Rulebook)

Mounts
    Shield Bearers (8E Dwarfs)

Greenskins

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Gorfang Rotgut (The King of Black Crag)
    Gitilla da Hunter (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Snagla Grobspit (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Grom the Paunch (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Borgut Facebeater (Storm of Chaos)
    The Masked Chieftain (The End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Raknik Spiderclaw (The Prince of Altdorf Novel by Andy Hall)

Generic Lords
    Black Orc Warboss (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Savage Orc Warboss (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Ork Great Shaman (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Savage Ork Great Shaman (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Night Goblin Great Shaman (8E Orcs&Goblins)

Generic Heros
    Black Orc Big Boss (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Goblin Shaman (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Night Goblin Big Boss (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Ork Big Boss (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Savage Ork Big Boss (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Savage Ork Shaman (8E Orcs&Goblins)

Units
    Arachnarok w/Flinger (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Black Orc Sword & Shield (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Orc Boyz Spears (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Savage Orc Spears (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Savage Orc Big Stabba (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Snotling Pump Wagons (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Goblin Spear Chukkas (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    River Trolls (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Stone Trolls (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Mangler Squig (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Painted Giants (8E Orcs&Goblins)
    Colossal Squig (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Rouge Idol of Gork (or is it Mork) (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Squig Gobba (Forgeworld)
    Giant River Troll Hag (Forgeworld)

Mounts
    Arachnarok w/Catchweb Spidershrine - Goblin Great Shaman (8E Orcs&Goblins)

Vampire Counts

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Konrad Von Carstein (8E Vampire Counts)
    Neferata (The End Times Vol I: Nagash Book 2)
    W'soran/Melkhior the Ancient/Zacharias the Everliving (6E Vampire Counts)
    Walach Harkon (5E Vampire Counts)
    Dieter Helsnicht, Doom Lord of the Undead (5E Vampire Counts)
    Ushoran (No Rules)
    Abhorash (No Rules)

Generic Heros
    Carin Wraith (8E Vampire Counts)

Units
    Spirit Host (8E Vampire Counts)
    Grave Guard Halberds (6E Vampire Counts)
    Necrofex Colossus (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Incarnate Elemental of Death (Monstrous Arcanum) (Maybe or TK)

Mounts
    Coven Throne (8E Vampire Counts)
    Abyssal Terror (8E Vampire Counts)

Warriors of Chaos

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Galrauch (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Valkia The Bloody (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Vilitch The Curseling (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Festeus The Leechlord (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Scyla Anfingrimm (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    The Glottkin (End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Orghotts Daemonspew (End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Bloab Rotspawned (End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Morbidix Twiceborn (End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Skarr Bloodwrath (End Times Vol V: Archaon Book 2)
    Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)
    Sayal The Faithless (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)
    Kayzk the Befouled (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)
    Vardek Crom (Storm of Chaos)
    Aekold Helbras (5E Champions of Chaos)
    Dechala (5E Champions of Chaos)
    Arbaal the Undefeated (5E Champions of Chaos)
    Egrimm van Horstmann (5E Champions of Chaos)
    Azazel (5E Champions of Chaos)

Generic Lords
    Daemon Prince - Khorne, Slannesh, Nugle, Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)

Units
    Helistriders of Slannesh (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Helistriders of Slannesh w/ Hellscourges (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Skullcrusher of Khorne (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Skullcrusher of Khorne w/ Lances (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Skullcrusher of Khorne w/ Ensorcelled weapons (8E Warriors of Chaos)

Chaos Ogre (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Chimera (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Chaos Warshrine (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Slaughterbrute (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Mutalith Vortex Beast (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Putrid Blight Kings (End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Skullreapers (Champions of Khorne?) (End Times Vol V: Archaon Book 2)
    Wrathmongers (End Times Vol V: Archaon Book 2)
    Rot Knights (Chaos Knigts of Nugle?) (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)
    Bile Trolls (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)
    Chaos Siege Giant (Probably a Chaos Dwarf Unit) (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)
    Chaos Warrior - Khorne, Slannesh, Nugle, Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Chaos Marauder - Khorne, Slannesh, Nugle, Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Chosen - Khorne, Slannesh, Nugle, Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Chaos Knight - Khorne, Slannesh, Nugle, Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Chaos Spawn - Khorne, Slannesh, Nugle, Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)

Mounts
    Daemonic Mount (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Steed of Slaanesh (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Palanquin of Nurgle (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Disc of Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Juggernaut of Khorne (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Maggoth (No Rules/End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Toad Dragon (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)
    Rot Beast (Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos)

Norsca

Legendary Lords/Heros
    Gutrot Spume (End Times Vol II: Glottkin)
    Egil Styrbjorn
    Valnir the Reaper (5E Champions of Chaos)
    Sven Bloody-Hand

Generic Lords
    Ulfjarl (Citadel Journal 07)
    Fimir Warlord (Fimir Melee Lord) (3E Warhammer: Armies)
    Fimir Meargh (Fimir Wizard Lord) (3E Warhammer: Armies)
    Norscan Sorcerer Lord - Vikti, Seer, Maladictor, Warlock (Invented/WFRP 2E Tome of Corruption)

Generic Hero
    Shield Maiden/Valkyrie (Melee Hero) (Citadel Journal 07)

Units
    Valkyrie (Citadel Journal 07)
    Curs'd Ettin (Monstrous Arcanum)
    Chaos Marauder - Khorne, Slannesh, Nugle, Tzeentch (8E Warriors of Chaos)
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• FinCthulhuFinCthulhu Registered Users Posts: 138
    I found out a day after the DLC hit and I haven't really touched the game since. I was already tired and annoyed at the squatter factions to begin with, knowing they'd likely never get replaced now just did the game in for me. I don't really care if the factions are missing one or two redundant units or if some ancillary character didn't make it in. Just a damn rotten shame the potential of an incredibly extensive Warhammer experience, especially after Norsca and Vampire Coast, is now out the window. The only lord pack that might spark some interest is a Thanquol and Malus pack, but I highly doubt we'll be getting that either.

But hooray, X faction gets this one totally important dude mentioned in a short blurb on page 12 of some White Dwarf from yonks ago! And don't forget this one iconic unit from some forgotten supplement whose role is already filled in-game and will go mostly unused except in maybe a meme army in campaign!
    +++ HOPE IS THE FIRST STEP ON THE ROAD TO DISAPPOINTMENT +++
  • apostolispapostolisp Member Registered Users Posts: 199
    edited May 2019
    great post @OdTengri , thank you for collecting /mentioning all the missing lords/units of TWW1 +TWW2.

after reading posts like that it makes me believe that CA took the right decision to give as more Lord packs with new LLs/ units + updates for the TWW1 races , in the near future ,try to fill in the gaps and recreate as much as possible of the Warhammer Fantasy world.

when the races of the first 2 games are done properly (roster wise +unique mechanics) , including as much as possible of the missing units and noted characters ,then we can look forward to more race packs as dlcs for TWW3 .
  • XihuXihu Registered Users Posts: 22
    Valkaar said:

So if it is of any consolation, they did explicitly say the ‘Lord Pack only’ rule does necessarily apply to the Game 3 pre-order bonus.

So we may yet still get one more race added to Game 2 once Game 3 gets announced/pre-orders become available.

Can you please link where they explicitly said that? Thanks!
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    Vladimiri said:

rad13 said:

Araby was never going to be a dlc race.

And Dogs of War have the flexibility that they don't have to be a game 2 race; plus the development cross-over with game 3. In that some of the DoW key units are ogres - which are not going to be created (art design, mechanics design, modelled etc) until game 3.

CA needed some legitimate races to remain for game 3 that have a loreful reason to be in the game 3 map.

If we see WH3 i for one if its a chaosfest i will not buy, i never even finished a WoC campaign i just don't like them many don't want too see 4 monogods factions whit multiple Subfactions let alone Daemons of Chaos.... i can guarantee it will not sell like WH1 or WH2.
    This is something i've been bit indecided. People in the forum rambling about every sorts of chaos factions. Then there is chaos dwarfs, still bit chaotic. And ogres, not exactly chaos but definetly evil and chaotic. It's quite understandable. There are not that many relevant factions left to add apart from them.

If there isn't a new and exciting counter force to all that chaos and mayhem, I'm not sure if i can stay very interested in the game very long. Sure i'll buy the part 3 of the game, but selling me a DLC that gives me more chaos related stuff, i'll probably have to pass.

Guess i'll have to keep my thumbs up for Kislev and Araby. Can't find anything interesting in DoW, Ind, Cathay nor Nippon.
    I agree man, coming races are way too similar. however i do look forward for a Chaos Dwarfs they are very unique in the sense that they are on the lore and if done properly can have Greenskins units as fodder while CD are the elite whit the most powerfull artillery and Elite hybrid(melee/archery) CD infantry.
    roykuhh said:

Whahahahaha, because your topic get 500 views it means that a lot of people didn't know, you serious man LOL.

an average topic on this forum get at least 500 views so…..., a lot of people know hat there will be only lordpacks left for WH2.
    ummm thats was yesterday 2 hrs after posting it... now its on 2k views 49 comments.

You are a very unhappy fellow arent you? trying to mock? poor you feel better now?
    JDog91 said:

This is brilliant news, imo. With Warhammer 3 being a year or two away, it's an opportunity for CA to completely flesh out the rosters of the races we currently have - Something that people wanted, as omissions such as the Gorghon were looked down upon greatly in the past. Same with the lack of a Troglodon, which was kind of a bummer as it's one of those star, stand-out models for the lizardmen. Chances are, these things will come now.

Currently we have a boatload of races and end turn times are becoming painful. While I'm one to love the idea of Dogs of War coming in TWW2, I'm perfectly happy with the idea that they may come in TWW3. With what we have, the variety is already insane. If TWW2 was planned as the last game I'd understand the frustration, but we've got a long road ahead of things to look forward to.

Also with lord packs many fan favourites can be brought into the spotlight, and I'm sure CA have been listening to what characters people want included. We may well see some lords for old world races just to spice things up - The possibilities are there, and they're exciting. On top of that, lord packs don't seem to take as long as race packs and that means we MAY see a more steady flow of content.

But we had only 2 race packs and while the Vamp. Coast was cool addition it was not what many were waiting for... many would have loved to see Southern Realms or Araby before them.

WH1 Race Packs-WoC,Beastmen,Wood Elves, Brettonia and Norsca.. 5

WH2- Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast... 2

I would have been happy and many would have if they made Araby playable that are looks so weird whit Brettonia and Empire troops...

I blame Thrones of Brittania... historical fans instead of waiting were very inpatient and CA took part of the team into making that half made game. i don't blame CA i blame the fans, while i get that we needed something historical i think they could have waited on 3k which looks very good.
    edited May 2019
    Marker said:

Well, i just found out that there will be no more Race packs for WH2... i am very disappointed and kind of **** at the Vampire Coast DLC... many thought it was a dual race pack of Araby/Southern Realms 2 lords each..

Only Lord Packs? i don't want more lords whit a few extra units that we could had on the release of the game or whit the last 2 Lord Pack DLC... i think many of us would prefer new factions whit new mechanics than another Sub faction i was hoping at least Araby or Southern Realms as the last DLC for WH2.

Maybe they know that many don't want to see a chaosfest on WH3 and move those 2 to WH3? either way i am very disappointed. These Lords packs better not come whit 6 variants of units that we already have....

Only way i can se this is if they bring TW1 races into TW2 i dont want or care for more TW2 races at the moment they feel pretty great (except for Hight Elves White lions chariot,Skycutter etc)

Aniway here the link :'(

https://np.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/bbmums/a_silver_lining_about_the_tiktaqto_cloud_were/el0wyj2/

Well, at least I have a feeling that all the races will be updated and put on an equal level and hopefully some good patching on Formations, Sieges, minor Settlements and other in-game issues of improvements.
    However, this also means in my opinion that we won't see Cathay, Nippon, Kingdoms of Ind, Albion, and Amazons. MABY they can squeeze in Cathay but don't count on it.

The best situation we can get for TW3 is Cathay, Ogre Kingdoms, Demons of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves and Kislev as Pre-order.
    Followed up by Dogs of war Race DLC and Araby Race DLC
    Well, out of the races you mentioned the only one who think has a chance its Cathay on WH3. Amazon? were do people get the idea those are playable they have only 3 units.... and if made it would just be Norsca females riding dinos...

I wanted Araby, i mean the map is already there, i don't see why they weren't added.
    Post edited by Unknown6203 on
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,138
    RikRiorik said:

The news has soured me on Warhammer 2 as well. I do want more lord packs, but not really that many for game 2 races. Game 1 races need help now. With araby full of squatters and a missed opportunity for everyone, I can’t bring myself to care as much until Game 3, and I don’t bother playing in the southlands anymore. It feels wrong.

My hope is Araby is the pre-order bonus. CA hopefully learned from Norsca and Grace’s statement can be discounted by pre-order bonuses, just like Bretonnia was supposed to be the end of TWW1. If we get Araby then, life is good, and we need not even fear Kislev not making it in.

In the end, wh2’s slowing of dlc was caused by of their Norsca mistake, TW 3k, Thrones of Britannia, and the need to start working more on WH3. Hope we get a lot more races and lords before the cycle is over.

• JuroslavJuroslav Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 294
    I hope that reason behind this decision is because CA feels that the gap between Old and New World factions needs to be diminished. More so WH3 will eventually come and it almost certainly will broaden the gap.

But with the current time that CA needs to release new DLC it will take several years.
    LOVE FOR DIPLOMACY!!! :)
    @gholin . Yeah I hope for Araby too as a pre order thingey. I don’t mind only having two LLs either as long as they make it in. I’d clearly also settle for Southern Realms but not as a two LL kind of thing. Gief moar!
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,668
    Obsidius said:

Precisely where on the campaign map do Dread Saurians appear? I've never seen one and I need to.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • ObsidiusObsidius Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2019
    ^South of where Kroq-Gar starts, you can sort of see it in CA's campaign map reveal around 2:23 in the lower left corner.

Also thank you GoatForce and OdTengri for the info.
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 474
    Maybe (and that's a big one) they will do Araby as the preorder for part, if that is truly exempt from this rule. If so, I'd be totally okay with CA making it low effort (like Norsca actually). This could easily achieved by making it a race (2LLs) instead of campaign (4LLs) pack, that might have been the better approach for ZP (or VC, but they were called Zombie Pirates of the Vampire Coast in TT, much better) too. In addition to that they could actually almost entirely use existing skeletons (not the unit!!!) and animations. The only units which would require new rigging, as far as I can tell, would be flying carpets, desert spirits, camels and maybe elephants (might use the Mammoth though).
    It's certainly possible and what Araby deserves. They are important enough to be in but small enough to warrant less effort.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,668
    Obsidius said:

^South of where Kroq-Gar starts, you can sort of see it in CA's campaign map reveal around 2:23 in the lower left corner.

Also thank you GoatForce and OdTengri for the info.

I watched the video and then opened up a Kroq-Gar vortex campaign to be sure. That's a feral Cold One, not a Dread Saurian. :/
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    "Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.