Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What will the next race update and lord pack be?

2»

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 4,645
    Ares354 said:

Im hoping welfs as they and norsca are both currently the only two factions with only 2 LLs.

Cant see CA just neglecting them like they are.

I will tell you something, CA neglected Empire flc Lord till today, and they dont give a damn about it.

CA dont care aboue Old World race, those cheap rework prove this, only blind man, say they are so good, maybe Vamp one, because CA love vamps.
    Oh look who's back to complain about "Ca dOeSn'T cArE aBoUt eMpiRe rEworKs aRe BaD".
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 2,912
    neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Im hoping welfs as they and norsca are both currently the only two factions with only 2 LLs.

I will tell you something, CA neglected Empire flc Lord till today, and they dont give a damn about it.

CA dont care aboue Old World race, those cheap rework prove this, only blind man, say they are so good, maybe Vamp one, because CA love vamps.
    Oh look who's back to complain about "Ca dOeSn'T cArE aBoUt eMpiRe rEworKs aRe BaD".
    Say something more then that, troll. He said CA cant neglate some race, I prove him wrong.
    Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Say something more then that, troll. He said CA cant neglate some race, I prove him wrong.
    You proved nothing. If they didn't care about the old world factions they would do nothing for them, saying they don't care is utterly stupid. You may not like the reworks but then it's only your problem and not the truth.

They gave what each factions needed with their respective reworks. Should they have more ? Maybe. But what they got is definitely enough.

Oh and calling me the troll when you are the one who is basically only saying "meh reworks are ****" as soon as you're talking about that is quite a joke.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,042
    neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

You proved nothing. If they didn't care about the old world factions they would do nothing for them, saying they don't care is utterly stupid. You may not like the reworks but then it's only your problem and not the truth.

They gave what each factions needed with their respective reworks. Should they have more ? Maybe. But what they got is definitely enough.

Oh and calling me the troll when you are the one who is basically only saying "meh reworks are ****" as soon as you're talking about that is quite a joke.
    Also he does kinda just appear in many threads and starts complaining about Empire, telling people they'll never get X because Empire... Can't tell what has him so salty :lol: .

But on a serious note, yeah, CA are not obliged to update old factions, it is good that they do - even if us players would like them to be bigger. Free updates getting bigger and better (think they did Brets so they could focus more on much needed Skaven update) so think Empire update should be good, hopefully both them and WEs will get a new LL or two down the line. We have had Kroak for free after all who has unique animations, spells and skill tree so there's hope.

But more on topic I would still say GSs will get update, hopefully alongside our first X-LP.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,309
    I was just wondering when that cheery disposition to the Empire would pop in for a looksee.

I actually think all the updates so far have been relatively good. Dwarfs and Vampires for sure. The Bret one also in some regards. Truth be told neither of those races, I felt, needed much work.

Looking forward to the Empire and Greenskin ones for sure.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

What they are doing for Old World ? cheap reworks, no LL included. Those rework dont ever bring Old world to game 2 race level, but spread propaganda about CA hard work, do it.

They gave Vamp what they need most ? So that is new Lords options ? Funny. Dwarf got useless Tk mechanic, that dont even represent their Lore rune system ? again, funny. Its not even close to be enough, Brets need new Lord, didint get them.

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

What they are doing for Old World ? cheap reworks, no LL included. Those rework dont ever bring Old world to game 2 race level, but spread propaganda about CA hard work, do it.

They gave Vamp what they need most ? So that is new Lords options ? Funny. Dwarf got useless Tk mechanic, that dont even represent their Lore rune system ? again, funny. Its not even close to be enough, Brets need new Lord, didint get them.

Yeah, reworks were not what YOU wanted we get it. Get over it kiddo.
    Again, you like it or you don't. But they gave what the faction NEEDED. Of course more content would have been better but what they got is enough. Dwarfs have a perfect mechanic that suits their faction, it's the same as the mortuary cult so what ? Who the hell seriously cares as long as it's loreful ? Vampires had the bloodlines which was the most likely mechanic and it's a pretty solid one and they didn't need new LLs they have enough. Bretonnia is a very solid faction mechanic wise, what they needed was mostly QoL changes which they did and that's all.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,275

goliath55 said:

All of the new tww2 races have been updated allready.

Why are you guys saying helfs, rats, lizards ect are getting another update?

Because those are the only races someone has access to off the shelf when they buy WH2, which is the game that the DLC Lord Packs will be for. So any DLC would likely have to be for those races. The free minor updates that accompany DLC may refresh other races.
    Are you sure?

Theoretically one could buy the Grom LP without game 1 then get access to Grom, his units, and the core GS units. It'd be an easy way to implement crossovers that all game 2 owners can use fully.
    And make launch nuclear missile at CA because I bought WH1 at 60 Euros.
    Well, it would still not unlock the mortal empires campaign, nor any of the old greenskin lords or the units from "the king and the warlord". If Grom was playable on eye of the vortex the DLC could work people with only game two, without giving away the game 1 content for free.
    Cross game Lord packs have to be justifiable in Vortex, and pay for it. If not it's like literally full access to roster of one race for free. And this absolutely brutal for the ones that bought the first game.

It's the only way to have them, but then, thanks to the Vortex narrative, their inclusion chances are literally on the black side of the Moon.
    There are two playable races in eye of the vortex who don't use the vortex at all. Also, was it brutal for you the numerous times warhammer 1 has been on sale? I bought it full price, but I was happy for the later discounts since it made some of my friends buy the game.
    No, because you still pay something that aged. For free is totally another problem.
    It's like CA, tomorrow, decide to give Mortal Empires as a free patch for WH2 only.
    And then all the ones that bought game 1, even with a discount, make this face
    Please speak for yourself. I played WH1 for over a year. It's very easy to argue that the price I paid for the game was for that year long playing, ME access, and for the game 1 LL access. Putting Grom on the Vortex with the base roster does very little to diminish the value of the first game. That person buying just game 2 and the Grom lord pack wouldn't be able to play ME, the other game 1 LLs, or the game 1 map at all.

Things reduce in value all the time. It's not something to get upset over. The first WH game has even been sold for less than $3. Is that seriously an amount of money you'd get upset enough over to deny content for yourself and for others?

Best scenario, they do exactly like what people here have hoped and it actually encourages people to buy game 1 if they hadn't already so they could have access to ME and the game 1 LLs. But we should deny content because you paid for a game, played it, got a lot of enjoyment out of it and FLC, but someone else might come along and pay $5-7 and get to play with some of the units, but not the lords from it? A DLC that you too would be able to play with and get new content for that would also help fund bigger old world rework for the faction in the pack?

That just seems pretty petty. I know it's all subjective and what not and to each their own, but I just can't see why someone would get that upset over this? Nor do I like the idea that because some people would be upset over something so small we all get less content.
    Later
    neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Again, you like it or you don't. But they gave what the faction NEEDED. Of course more content would have been better but what they got is enough. Dwarfs have a perfect mechanic that suits their faction, it's the same as the mortuary cult so what ? Who the hell seriously cares as long as it's loreful ? Vampires had the bloodlines which was the most likely mechanic and it's a pretty solid one and they didn't need new LLs they have enough. Bretonnia is a very solid faction mechanic wise, what they needed was mostly QoL changes which they did and that's all.
    You are kid in here.

Rework are WHAT I want, you are beyond stupid.
    They didint gave faction what they needed, Dwarf needed run system, I dont see it. Show me RUNE system that was in TT for Dawi, I am wating kid.

Solid faction fo Vamp ,they didint eve try to make new model, too much work for free content, long live Necrarch Vamp Lord, https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Necrarch_Brotherhood take a look how they should look like kid. Dawi as range faction dont have range LL.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,617
    Talked at length that we don't know whom it might be...

I think cross packs are a possibility, they said before they were trying something new and yet also said it's lord packs. New could also simply be they are a lil more costly or higher bar since P&W and that might be all that's ment. Or that they are simply doing more than two lord packs this time around. But CA when talking about cross packs didn't rule them out back when. Not at all. If they did them it's new territory so I don't know entirely how they would do them.

But I don't think they would have to be Vortexable. Especially if they did something like Thrott vs Empire Guy Thrott can be right there in Hellpit. Not like all the rivalries have always been that close. How much space between the two elves? Exactly!

Now if it's simply Warhammer 2 lord packs that's immensely easier. Now way they'd do the same rivalries so that limits the combinations and a little better guessing on the rivalries because the lords and heros that can be promoted to lords are dwindling.

Reworks? Now those are up in the air as far as I'm concerned. If they do cross packs it becomes pretty obvious, whomever the old world faction is. But if not then there not really any shared assets so they could be slinging darts. Clearly they're more than willing to revisit a race they are unhappy with like Bretonnia so I can't even 100% say they wont brush up on one of those again. I don't think it would be the WE or the Beastmen since things they've said before implies they were tinkering on races that came before them or like the WE had a want to tinker on them but it was a ways off. Greenskins, Warriors of Chaos, and Empire being the bigger examples I think they could tinker on. And no, I don't consider game 3 a disqualifier. We bank on WoC improvements then but game 2 saw no real launch improvement for old races and we hope they will but not a fact they would then.
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,211
    Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

goliath55 said:

Because those are the only races someone has access to off the shelf when they buy WH2, which is the game that the DLC Lord Packs will be for. So any DLC would likely have to be for those races. The free minor updates that accompany DLC may refresh other races.
    Are you sure?

Theoretically one could buy the Grom LP without game 1 then get access to Grom, his units, and the core GS units. It'd be an easy way to implement crossovers that all game 2 owners can use fully.
    Well, it would still not unlock the mortal empires campaign, nor any of the old greenskin lords or the units from "the king and the warlord". If Grom was playable on eye of the vortex the DLC could work people with only game two, without giving away the game 1 content for free.
    Cross game Lord packs have to be justifiable in Vortex, and pay for it. If not it's like literally full access to roster of one race for free. And this absolutely brutal for the ones that bought the first game.

It's the only way to have them, but then, thanks to the Vortex narrative, their inclusion chances are literally on the black side of the Moon.
    There are two playable races in eye of the vortex who don't use the vortex at all. Also, was it brutal for you the numerous times warhammer 1 has been on sale? I bought it full price, but I was happy for the later discounts since it made some of my friends buy the game.
    No, because you still pay something that aged. For free is totally another problem.
    It's like CA, tomorrow, decide to give Mortal Empires as a free patch for WH2 only.
    And then all the ones that bought game 1, even with a discount, make this face
    Please speak for yourself. I played WH1 for over a year. It's very easy to argue that the price I paid for the game was for that year long playing, ME access, and for the game 1 LL access. Putting Grom on the Vortex with the base roster does very little to diminish the value of the first game. That person buying just game 2 and the Grom lord pack wouldn't be able to play ME, the other game 1 LLs, or the game 1 map at all.

Things reduce in value all the time. It's not something to get upset over. The first WH game has even been sold for less than $3. Is that seriously an amount of money you'd get upset enough over to deny content for yourself and for others?

Best scenario, they do exactly like what people here have hoped and it actually encourages people to buy game 1 if they hadn't already so they could have access to ME and the game 1 LLs. But we should deny content because you paid for a game, played it, got a lot of enjoyment out of it and FLC, but someone else might come along and pay $5-7 and get to play with some of the units, but not the lords from it? A DLC that you too would be able to play with and get new content for that would also help fund bigger old world rework for the faction in the pack?

That just seems pretty petty. I know it's all subjective and what not and to each their own, but I just can't see why someone would get that upset over this? Nor do I like the idea that because some people would be upset over something so small we all get less content.
    What they could also do it have a few units exclusive to game 1 owners, such as Arachnorok for GS, too. Think X-LPs would be a big opportunity to sell copies of game 1 personally.

I don't think many would be bummed about people getting limited access to game 1 stuff though - the only area where it might be tricky is if a LP touched on a DLC race like BM, though speaking for myself I would absolutely pay to get WoC and BM up to snuff, WE are a weird one but if their end of the LP focussed on characters (2 LLs, Spellsinger and Shadowdancer but no units, maybe a new arrow variant) I could get behind it.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,422

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Hahahaha, brilliant!

My god Khemri TV is good, may Ptra bless the man who came up with it.
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,211
    Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Hahahaha, brilliant!

I can't find "A khopesh is my only comment"
    Damn, never read such amount of "wut" in my life since the times of that being.

Goatforce said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Hahahaha, brilliant!

I can't find "A khopesh is my only comment"
    Damn, never read such amount of "wut" in my life since the times of that being.
    I will have you beaten by 30 chariots for your insolence :lol:
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 1,936
    Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

You are kid in here.

They didint gave faction what they needed, Dwarf needed run system, I dont see it. Show me RUNE system that was in TT for Dawi, I am wating kid.

Solid faction fo Vamp ,they didint eve try to make new model, too much work for free content, long live Necrarch Vamp Lord, https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Necrarch_Brotherhood take a look how they should look like kid. Dawi as range faction dont have range LL.
    The dwarf update did give them the rune system though. The rune system in TT essentially allowed you to make your own magic items within certain limits, so that the dwarf character could have better and more specialized magic items compared to other races. That is exactly what the forge mechanic they have now do; it gives the dwarfs easier acces to many different specialized magic items, along with some really powerful ones (armor of Alaric anyone?)

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

You are kid in here.

The dwarf update did give them the rune system though. The rune system in TT essentially allowed you to make your own magic items within certain limits, so that the dwarf character could have better and more specialized magic items compared to other races. That is exactly what the forge mechanic they have now do; it gives the dwarfs easier acces to many different specialized magic items, along with some really powerful ones (armor of Alaric anyone?)
    They give Dawi crafting system, not rune system. Here:https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/218316/dwarf-crafting-rune-system-implementation

This is rune system I would like to see for Dwarfs.

• LozLoz Registered Users Posts: 60
    For me it makes sense that the old world races updated so far are the ones that needed the least and not really having any units left. This leaves the two that need the most left for cross game packs probably gs and helfs with empire and skaven for two lord packs. Then if CA are feeling generous a Lizardmen and Delfs lp. Or possibly a real outside bet of a welf and Beastmen lp to complete both races but I doubt that would happen. This would enable a proper update of both races with good mechanics but still having a payday for the devs.
    Loz said:

For me it makes sense that the old world races updated so far are the ones that needed the least and not really having any units left. This leaves the two that need the most left for cross game packs probably gs and helfs with empire and skaven for two lord packs. Then if CA are feeling generous a Lizardmen and Delfs lp. Or possibly a real outside bet of a welf and Beastmen lp to complete both races but I doubt that would happen. This would enable a proper update of both races with good mechanics but still having a payday for the devs.

CA even said they would start with the faction that require the less work. So it makes sense to save GS and the Empire for the last.

Though, I have to disagree about the cross faction LPs. Surely it would be the best thing ever but it's absolutely not likely, quite the opposite in fact so I wouldn't get any hope of seeing that sort of content. Not before game 3 at least. The chances that this happen are very slight.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 1,392
    neodeinos said:

CA even said they would start with the faction that require the less work. So it makes sense to save GS and the Empire for the last.

Though, I have to disagree about the cross faction LPs. Surely it would be the best thing ever but it's absolutely not likely, quite the opposite in fact so I wouldn't get any hope of seeing that sort of content. Not before game 3 at least. The chances that this happen are very slight.

I wouldn't rule them out completely, but just not anytime soon. I'm quessing once WH3 is out CA will start working on the anthology edition and make the triology cross compatable, Only then will we see X-game LPs.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate DLC) :#
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,496
    neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Nah it wasn't everything. The Dwarfs should have certainly gotten a Dragon Slayer as an assassin character.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,269

goliath55 said:

Are you sure?

And? It often sells for 75% off, this is no different. It also wouldn't give access to all of game 1's content or ME.

It's necessary to make crossovers viable and lets be honest Crossovers have by far the most potential as LP's. Much more than 1 more for every game 2 race.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Registered Users Posts: 1,078
    I hope its Old World factions, that's all i want i am a bit tired of playing WH2 factions i have played whit the factions i wanted to play on WH2.

Hopefully like i mention in other discussions before people started copying them... i mentioned the LL lord discrepancy. and if we go by non updated faction here what left.
    WELF and Norsca have 2LLs
    Empire has 3 LL no new starting location.
    Beastmen have 3LLs and WoC has 3LLs(most likely updated on WH3)
    Greenskins have 4LL's but according to lore they are everywhere and next to the Skaven are the second most numerous. so to me ti would make sense to have a LL Lustria or Southlands.

I think we need to go whit minimum of 3 to max of 4, 5 depending on the faction. as to give other races a chance.

I don't think CA really thought that once a player chooses some factions they tend to stay whit it, i my case i don't like Hight Elves (Dark Elves slighly less) i call them the "Useless variants faction" if you take out the shielded variants, copy paste dragons,armored archers etc it roster its veryyyy small. i am playing whit Avelorn only because it has 3 Wood Elf units and i am already bored...can't wait to play a reworked Greenskins again or Wood Elfs.

I hope its Old World factions, that's all i want i am a bit tired of playing WH2 factions i have played whit the factions i wanted to play on WH2.

Hopefully like i mention in other discussions before people started copying them... i mentioned the LL lord discrepancy. and if we go by non updated faction here what left.
    WELF and Norsca have 2LLs
    Empire has 3 LL no new starting location.
    Beastmen have 3LLs and WoC has 3LLs(most likely updated on WH3)
    Greenskins have 4LL's but according to lore they are everywhere and next to the Skaven are the second most numerous. so to me ti would make sense to have a LL Lustria or Southlands.

I think we need to go whit minimum of 3 to max of 4, 5 depending on the faction. as to give other races a chance.

I don't think CA really thought that once a player chooses some factions they tend to stay whit it, i my case i don't like Hight Elves (Dark Elves slighly less) i call them the "Useless variants faction" if you take out the shielded variants, copy paste dragons,armored archers etc it roster its veryyyy small. i am playing whit Avelorn only because it has 3 Wood Elf units and i am already bored...can't wait to play a reworked Greenskins again or Wood Elfs.

Before people started copying them? I assume you mean recently because people have been talking about LL discrepancy since game 1.

Also copy/paste dragons? They function quite differently with Sun Dragons being excellent chaff clearers, having a high spread - low AP breath (as well as being weaker), and Star being focussed more on Single entities, with focussed and huge AP damage as well as highest melee capabilities. Moon dragons falling in the middle. They may be similar in appearance and generally in their melee use, but they do have their own specialist roles. Phoenixes are even more specialised. Even taking out the actually meaningless variants (HEs probably having no more than any other faction) such as Armoured Archers, the HE roster is fairly decent in size - though could use more lions.