Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II Patch Notes: The Amethyst Update

CA_EllaCA_Ella Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 336

Introducing… the Amethyst Wizard, free in the Mortal Empires campaign. To be a practitioner of Death Magic is a weighty burden, for an Amethyst Wizard will never be entirely trusted by those around him.

He’s arriving as part of the Amethyst Update for WARHAMMER II, which will go live tomorrow with some tweaks, fixes and balance changes – take a look at the patch notes here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-amethyst-update

The Amethyst Wizard will only be playable in Total War: WARHAMMER II within the Mortal Empires campaign, so remember this means you need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II in order to get him.

Comments

• vulocevuloce Registered Users Posts: 36
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 222
    Good job CA!
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • tgoodenowtgoodenow Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 797
    edited May 2019
    on the same day SFO is about to come out
  • SodoffSodoff Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 27
    Thank you! :) Now I can start playing again.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,489
    So do you think the skeleboy up there consented to being "donated" to science?
  • CA_EllaCA_Ella Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 336
    Krunch said:

So do you think the skeleboy up there consented to being "donated" to science?

I'm sure he's honoured.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,880
    Neat. We knew y'all were up to something from SteamDB.

I'm just disappoint it wasn't the Jabber :(
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,456

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,142
    edited May 2019
    Can we skip out on the update by remaining in a beta from the current patch? I don't want to get my save corrupted and want to finish my campaign with the current mods I'm using, since I have no idea when they will be updated.
    EDIT: I read there will be one, thanks.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,462

Can we skip out on the update by remaining in a beta from the current patch? I don't want to get my save corrupted and want to finish my campaign with the current mods I'm using, since I have no idea when they will be updated.

With each release we always include a rollback build that allows you to finish any save games or continue playing with mods, but from the next update we’ll also be closing down our oldest build. Over the next few weeks we’ll be including a breakdown of all the current betas available, listing what they include and roughly how long they will be open for.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Some naming changes.
    Updated region of “Tlaqua” to “Jaluk Oasis” in Mortal Empires campaign
    Updated region of “Cuexotl” to “Wadi El Tebuk” in Mortal Empires campaign
    Updated province of “Western Jungles” to “Southern Desert of Araby” in Mortal Empires campaign

But at least "Fixed issue where on loading a saved game many Empire settlements would appear as ruins" is getting fixed.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,218

Some naming changes.

Updated province of “Western Jungles” to “Southern Desert of Araby” in Mortal Empires campaign

But at least "Fixed issue where on loading a saved game many Empire settlements would appear as ruins" is getting fixed.
    The naming changes are start resurrecting some hope right there
    UNEXPECTED CA IS BEST CA
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,708

Some naming changes.

Still feels strange to have Tlaqua faction but no Tlaqua... ah, at least they got the message that the physical move of Tlaqua was over the board.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    Nice! Thought they would wait Skulls for the Skull Throne event to patch! Hopefully we will still get something for that too!
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,820
    Crossil said:

Some naming changes.

Still feels strange to have Tlaqua faction but no Tlaqua... ah, at least they got the message that the physical move of Tlaqua was over the board.
    Well, they have Nagarythe faction starting away from Nagarythe, and Crooked moon tribe starting far away from where the crooked moon tribe lives.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,904
    So the patch is released tomorrow or it's going to be a beta ?
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    Awesome, now Empire is top tier again!!!!!

I presume this is going to be part of the Skulls for the skull throne sale right?! Hope to see my other 40k games get a quick update.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,313
    ARABY! The changes to the map in names given has sparked a tiny flicker of hope once more xD. I shall be putting the sword in front of me in an upward position so I can fall on it once more when hope dies again!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,708

Crossil said:

Some naming changes.

Well, they have Nagarythe faction starting away from Nagarythe, and Crooked moon tribe starting far away from where the crooked moon tribe lives.
    I know but those places are still on the map. I'm not saying it's terrible but it miffs me nonetheless.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• HamadhunterHamadhunter Registered Users Posts: 955
    I don't want to give you false hopes now, but this update looks like a test run for Crossover LL packs.
  • Mech_4Mech_4 Registered Users Posts: 228
    Nice to see the Amethyst Wizard added.

Oh yes, does this mean the start_pos is able to be changed by modders now?
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 809
    Groovy CA!
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,737
    Oh my word! Awesome!
    Steamage said:

I don't want to give you false hopes now, but this update looks like a test run for Crossover LL packs.

Or better, free LLs along the life of Game 2 and 3, other than heroes. The Empire is left with the Gold Wizard, Master Engineer and Grand Master as characters.
  • Reaper49Reaper49 Registered Users Posts: 747
    So tommorow we will play the game again.....
  • zanefsuzanefsu Registered Users Posts: 43
    Appreciate the bug fixes, but do not appreciate the unwarranted LM nerfs.
  • cugexebudcugexebud Registered Users Posts: 32
    Invocation of Nehek Upgraded: -2 duration, +1 power cost, max 4 targets

Another vampires nerf are they even relevant for mp anymore (you can always just pick dark elves and just get a easy win against them) ? just wandering how are these 4 targets picked ? randomly if you want to save some units that with lower hp they might not get healing even if it's in a group ?

cugexebud said:

Invocation of Nehek Upgraded: -2 duration, +1 power cost, max 4 targets

Another vampires nerf are they even relevant for mp anymore (you can always just pick dark elves and just get a easy win against them) ? just wandering how are these 4 targets picked ? randomly if you want to save some units that with lower hp they might not get healing even if it's in a group ?

Seems to be more of an anti blob thing. I most certainly remember the Blob stuff during Rome 2.

• KandennKandenn Registered Users Posts: 486
    "Skinks and Chameleon Skinks will now receive Armour and Melee Defence buffs from Tehenhauin’s “Disciples of Sotek” skill
    Skinks and Chameleon Skinks will now receive Leadership and Melee Attack buffs from Tehenhauin’s “Tide of Sotek” skill
    Skinks and Chameleon Skinks will now receive Casualty Replenishment and Upkeep buffs from Tehenhauin’s “Reverence” skill
    “Skirmisher”, “Dextrous Warrior”, “Skink Leader” skills now clearly indicate which Skink unit types receive each buff"

My favourite part. We should be able to do true skinks army with tehenhauin now. Ty CA