Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gaming laptop for warhammer 2

XXLEW1SXX23XXLEW1SXX23 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi there, I'm looking to get a gaming laptop that's powerful enough to play warhammer 2 in pretty high quality. I'm kinda clueless with this stuff, my current laptop only runs Rome 2 on low so I'm looking for something that will be able to keep up with the next couple of total war installations. I have a budget of £1000-£1500 and any advice is appreciated.
Thank you

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,242Registered Users
    Get something with a i7 8750h, 16gb of ram, and an RTX 2060, if you can splurge for it, an RTX 2070. You want one with an SSD, at least 256GB, preferably 512GB, and stay away from poorly reviewed models because they probably have thermal issues. Thermal issues are a big deal with powerful GPU's.

You can easily pick this up in your price range, but the 2070 is probably going to run a few hundred higher.

Do NOT get an RTX 2070 Max-Q. Max-Q video cards are for boobs, and run like crap. They're hugely expensive and nearly as slow as the next one down in the normal mobile version. You'll spend three grand for a computer that matches the performance of one half it's cost. :)
  • XXLEW1SXX23XXLEW1SXX23 Posts: 2Registered Users
    psychoak said:

Get something with a i7 8750h, 16gb of ram, and an RTX 2060, if you can splurge for it, an RTX 2070. You want one with an SSD, at least 256GB, preferably 512GB, and stay away from poorly reviewed models because they probably have thermal issues. Thermal issues are a big deal with powerful GPU's.

You can easily pick this up in your price range, but the 2070 is probably going to run a few hundred higher.

Do NOT get an RTX 2070 Max-Q. Max-Q video cards are for boobs, and run like crap. They're hugely expensive and nearly as slow as the next one down in the normal mobile version. You'll spend three grand for a computer that matches the performance of one half it's cost. :)

Thanks a lot 😊 I'll get looking