Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who do you think is the best hero/leader and why?

The_Sir_GawainThe_Sir_Gawain Registered Users Posts: 9
I find Cao Cao to be very great for any type of gameplay. You can use him as a ruthless warrior, a diplomat, or a trader. I also just love the way he flows through his campaigns. He truly is a strategist to be reckoned with.

Comments

• zerkmannzerkmann Registered Users Posts: 348
  • The_Sir_GawainThe_Sir_Gawain Registered Users Posts: 9
    zerkmann said:

Me.

Is that confidence or arrogance?

zerkmann said:

Me.

Why not both?
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,935
    Zhou Yu has always been my favorite. He is a mix of brains and brawn. And he is an artist, which helps me relate to him personally.
  • The_Sir_GawainThe_Sir_Gawain Registered Users Posts: 9
    zerkmann said:

zerkmann said:

Me.

Why not both?
    An honest man has a balance of both virtuosity and recklessness. For they are sides of the same coin.
    edited May 2019
    Seriously though, I'm gonna go with Sun Ce, simply because he's the closest Total War 3K has to an anime shounen protagonist. It's a bit sad that most Sun Jian LPs don't ever get to cover the whole Sun family because they don't come of age fast enough.
    I don't think I've ever seen a Sun Jian LP where the player got to recruit Sun Ren.
  • LilShanksLilShanks Registered Users Posts: 2
    The new mechanics introduced accompanied with playing as Kong Rong really interest me, as he can be more focused on economy/alliances than the typical warring everyone to death. Sun Jian, in most every playthrough looks to be super fun and with a lot of "free" Southern territories he could be a really fun hero to play as if you survive the initial onslaught.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,084
    Lu Bu. Smart enough to wield a halberd. Strong enough to get a waifu.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,789
    zerkmann said:

Seriously though, I'm gonna go with Sun Ce, simply because he's the closest Total War 3K has to an anime shounen protagonist. It's a bit sad that most Sun Jian LPs don't ever get to cover the whole Sun family because they don't come of age fast enough.
    I don't think I've ever seen a Sun Jian LP where the player got to recruit Sun Ren.

In CA's Sun Jien stream they had both of them at the same time. It was also shown in the yellow turban showcase video that Sun Jian was alive at turn hundred or so, twenty years into the game so all the kids should be adults.
  • YaafmYaafm Registered Users Posts: 1,276
    I have always gone with Yuan Shu. Sneaky, manipulative, has an Ego much greater them himself. I fully understand the character, thats why its so fun to take over China with him. I love the character as 'the character' he is.

Always dissapointed they never added him to Dynasty Warriors :(
  • kweassa1kweassa1 Registered Users Posts: 728
    Going orthodox here. Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang.

Heroes both in the exaggerated novel, and the unexaggerated history.
  • ImperatorAnonimusImperatorAnonimus Registered Users Posts: 302

zerkmann said:

Me.

He has confidence in his arrogance. That's what makes him the best.
  • ImperatorAnonimusImperatorAnonimus Registered Users Posts: 302
    Mechanically? It all depends on play style, but I feel like Cao Cao and Yuan Shao have particularly powerful unique mechanics.

Thematically? I'll never not love Sun Jian. The whole Sun dynasty will probably forever be my favorite group of figures from this setting.
  • HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 566
    Mechanically I would say Liu Bei, in 40 turns you can have a huge empire if you go south with your ships and start absorving Han territory.
    Fun-wise I would say Cao Cao, his manipulation skills are super fun
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,588
    Yaafm said:

I have always gone with Yuan Shu. Sneaky, manipulative, has an Ego much greater them himself. I fully understand the character, thats why its so fun to take over China with him. I love the character as 'the character' he is.

Always dissapointed they never added him to Dynasty Warriors :(

They did, as a DLC in DW9. ;)