Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Invocation of Nehek and Earth Blood Suggestion for better balance.

RoksoRokso Posts: 4Registered Users
If the 4 unit cap is really needed for multiplayer balance at the expense of single-player campaign; I have a suggestion to allow both parties to reach a middle-ground. Invocation of Nehek's unlimited unit healing is part of the Vampire factions' SP balance and limiting it to 4 hurts how they play.

How about when these two spell are maxed (2 points) on the lord / heroes skill tree the unit cap of 4 is lifted and returned to unlimited.

This would stop these spells from being overpowered in the very early turns of campaign and allow it to still be capped in multiplayer.

P.S.
The constant nerfs to units and abilities because of multiplayer balance is dragging down the fun in single-player campaign.
-Stop nerfing the Dark Elf Cold-One knights they are already next to useless in SP, but apparently too strong in MP. Just increase their multiplayer unit cost if they are so strong that is what it's for. Give them more HP(1000+) they have some of the lowest stats of all high tier cavalry and just die in legendary.
-Also undo the nerfs to the Ancient Salamander, they were fine as they were, or give them technology to allow them to be better again.

Comments

• GrandChamp89GrandChamp89 Senior Member Posts: 1,534Registered Users
    "The constant nerfs to units and abilities because of multiplayer balance is dragging down the fun in single-player campaign."

I agree, they're too one dimensional in their balance. "Nerf nerf nerf" without giving the factions other tools to compensate.

As for the thread, the healing spells got hit HARD. Especially Nehek.
    With this they need to implement smart healing. If I'm rushing the walls in a city attack and pop a heal (and only got 4 targets available) I clearly don't want it to heal my zombies over my graveguards. There needs to be a system in place so it isn't random.
    "It's the hottest fire that forge the strongest steel"
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    It isn't random. It targets units closer to the center of the heal.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,718Registered Users
    Rokso said:

If the 4 unit cap is really needed for multiplayer balance at the expense of single-player campaign; I have a suggestion to allow both parties to reach a middle-ground. Invocation of Nehek's unlimited unit healing is part of the Vampire factions' SP balance and limiting it to 4 hurts how they play.

How about when these two spell are maxed (2 points) on the lord / heroes skill tree the unit cap of 4 is lifted and returned to unlimited.

This would stop these spells from being overpowered in the very early turns of campaign and allow it to still be capped in multiplayer.

P.S.
    The constant nerfs to units and abilities because of multiplayer balance is dragging down the fun in single-player campaign.
    -Stop nerfing the Dark Elf Cold-One knights they are already next to useless in SP, but apparently too strong in MP. Just increase their multiplayer unit cost if they are so strong that is what it's for. Give them more HP(1000+) they have some of the lowest stats of all high tier cavalry and just die in legendary.
    -Also undo the nerfs to the Ancient Salamander, they were fine as they were, or give them technology to allow them to be better again.

no it doesn't. it has zero impact on SP VC.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    Dude yo, the power creep in the last DLC, especially about Ancient Salamander, got even acknowledged by devs. Besides you can make anything work against the braindead AI in SP, or buff units thru various ways.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 229Registered Users

Rokso said:

P.S.

no it doesn't. it has zero impact on SP VC.
    Of course balancing for multiplayer impacts the campaign. Every change made for the sake of multiplayer balance (besides cost changes) is reflected in the single player mode (aka: the main mode).
    Every nerf to units, every change to how magic works, affects campaign players. Healing shouldn't be nerfed constantly over the lifetime of the game just because it gets used a lot in MP; at the rate it gets nerfed, healing will be worthless eventually.
    The very idea that changes made at the behest of and for the exclusive benefit of MP players doesn't affect the single player/co-op experience in campaign is absurd and demonstrably wrong.

And no, mods should not be a necessity to make the game fun in campaign. Mods should add to the experience and be used to mix things up. They should not be a necessity to undue poor balancing decisions that negatively affect the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file