Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCursor disappears in battle

Skittles16Skittles16 Posts: 3Registered Users
edited May 24 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
During battles, my cursor will disappear when hovering over enemy units and towers. This happens even if i don't have any of my units selected at the time. Any help would be appreciated, and this game has been awesome so far.
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 165Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited May 23
    Hi there,

Thank you for providing your dxdiag!

We are looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Cheers,

Vix
    Hi again,

From your dxdiag, it seems as though your graphics drivers are out of date.

Please install the latest graphics drivers and let me know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks,

Vix
  • Skittles16Skittles16 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Pretty sure I got my drivers updated and the cursor still disappears. Attached my new DxDiag for comparison.
  • SuburbanKillbotSuburbanKillbot Senior Member Posts: 130Registered Users
    edited May 23
    Similar problem: The attack cursor isn't visible when choosing a target with any ranged unit. I can still tell them to attack, I just can't see the cursor. I'm using the latest drivers. Other units all work fine.

Update - If I run the game in window mode, I can see the cursor. It's just in full screen that I'm having the issue.
  • achilles992achilles992 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I am also having a similar issue. Cursor randomly disappears when trying to select unit cards or sometimes when trying to order an attack
  • MeteMete Posts: 2Registered Users
    Confirming that this is a thing, the same happens to me.
  • NClunkNClunk Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited May 23
    This also seems to happen to me for a few seconds after an order has been made where the cursor disappears. Very annoying when trying to micromanage lots of units quickly.

Other than that I am having great fun!

Edit: Graphics drivers are all up to date.

Edit 2: Noticing it happening specifically when archers are selected and the cursor is hovering over an enemy.
    Post edited by NClunk on
  • PlaskPlask Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    i too am having this problem. I just updated my drivers as well
  • MorSMorS Junior Member RussiaPosts: 28Registered Users
    To fix this problem try to click graphic option "Run in window"

• Skittles16Skittles16 Posts: 3Registered Users
    The windowed option does work for bringing the cursor back but i would prefer to leave the game in full screen if possible. Any solutions to this?
  • MalorixMalorix Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    I have the same issue. Updated to latest drivers also, but the cursor dissapears in battle mode.
    Hey all,

Thank you for your comments so far.

We are actively looking into the issue. However, we can confirm that running in Windowed mode is a work around for the time being (thank you to those who have pointed this out to users).

Please bear with us and your understanding is appreciated.

All the best,

Vix
  • MercbeastMercbeast Senior Member Posts: 424Registered Users
    edited May 25
    I have a similar issue, my cursor vanishes for ~1s after ordering an attack in full screen. In windowed mode, the game has major frame slow down for about 1s while the cursor does the melee attack animation. The slowdown seems to be tied to the animation of the cursor, since it is far less noticeable when a ranged attack is given.
  • AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 358Registered Users
    edited June 22
    Having swopped laptops, I now notice this too. Is this still an ongoing issue or is my alt laptop screwy?
  • AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 358Registered Users
    Further, i believe it is only for ranged units, including LL equipped with bow, as melee works as expected.
  • XegridXegrid Posts: 1Registered Users
    yep encountered the same problem but as mentioned above runing the game in windowed mode will FIX the bug
    i read the latest update patch notes (as 21.07.2019) the latest patch notes (beta) do not include a fix for this i hope that they will eventualy adress it (since this is something mentioned since may, in this particular game junra I CONSIDER HAVING INVISIBLE ATTACK CURSORS A PRTY BIG PROBLEM)

but like i said having the game run in windowed mode will fix your problem (hopefully)