Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Remake Empire Total War & make Empire total War II

Admiralen1728Admiralen1728 Posts: 4Registered Users
Remake Empire Total War & make Empire total War II

It was Empire Total War that got me into studying history in college. It was one of the first great world history strategy games out there, a pioneer of what would become a great crowded field of history strategy games. It had everything that makes a history strategy game intresting; 18th century, conquest, events, great empires, deadmarked empires, newly independent countrys and colonization. It was the first TW game where you could play a country in Europe and colonize the new world and india - global conquest.

But the greatest thing about this game was the 18th century muskets with it's beautiful fire, sound and smoke. I would honestly buy a remake if they only polished up the graphics and the unit uniforms. ;) It was honestly bcs of the muskets and the beautiful uniforms and batalion formations I bought NTW, so I would love a new TW game which take place during this era, and if possible maybe even merge a new remake with the napoleon expansion/era aswell, I would totally buy it!

Empire Total War was released in 2009 and thus it has now been 10 years since we first played it. 10 years! We veterans of TW and the history strategy games community should unite and demand SEGA and CREATIVE ASSEMBLY to remake ETW. With all the progress that have been made in the gaming industry in 10 years a new game would be magnificent in all categories. Please remake Empire Total War, we demand it!

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,183Registered Users
    *Medieval fans shake off the dust of 13 years*
    Oh really? You've been waiting a long time? :p

While I do love Empire I do think a M3 or a different time period would be more fitting. We haven't had a Medieval game in this engine after all.
  • Admiralen1728Admiralen1728 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Commisar said:

*Medieval fans shake off the dust of 13 years*
    Oh really? You've been waiting a long time? :p

While I do love Empire I do think a M3 or a different time period would be more fitting. We haven't had a Medieval game in this engine after all.

Sure I agree that we have waited a long time for MTW III but we have had so many sword, spear, bow and arrow era games in a row, RTW II, BTW, ATW. Which I think tips the scale towards the argument that we should have a musket 17th/18th century era game as the next Total War flagship.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,184Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited May 23
    While I would not turn down another medieval game setting, i would personally rather have another Guns & Powder game, though not a specific Empire redo. Something between the 15th and the 19th centuries would be very good. The suggestion for something focused on the "Victorian Era", which covers all the world continents like Empire did in its three maps, would be fantastic!

And, naval warfare is a MUST!
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,183Registered Users

Sure I agree that we have waited a long time for MTW III but we have had so many sword, spear, bow and arrow era games in a row, RTW II, BTW, ATW. Which I think tips the scale towards the argument that we should have a musket 17th/18th century era game as the next Total War flagship.

True but Medieval also included gunpowder weapons, cannons and even rockets could be found.

Also seems to work with the latest game addition, the characters in 3K. Could be used with some of ToB mechanics to generate internal politics and powerful families for the Medieval period.