Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressSplash screen opens, then sits there permanently

CaptainQuoCaptainQuo Posts: 1Registered Users
edited May 24 in Crashes
I get the launcher up and the initial splash screen appears. If I run as administrator I get a blue circle and it crashes. If I run normally it just freezes and doesn't move from that screen.

I am running a Lenovo ideapad with the following specs:

Intel Core i5 3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz
6 GB RAM (5.86 Usable)
64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GT635M
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I am prepared for the possibility that perhaps my laptop doesn't quite meet the minimum specs, but I'm not 100% sure. I have verified game cache, re-installed, disabled DLC, allowed firewalls, restarted Laptop and Steam.
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• Cpd160Cpd160 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have the same issue. Did you get an answer yet or solved it somehow?
  • RestlessSoulsRestlessSouls Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited May 23
    I have similar specs and according to steam they all meet recommended specs except for my OS which is windows 7 instead of 10. I also have the same issue, even tried letting my pc run it all night but nothing.
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 125Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited May 24

I get the launcher up and the initial splash screen appears. If I run as administrator I get a blue circle and it crashes. If I run normally it just freezes and doesn't move from that screen.

I am running a Lenovo ideapad with the following specs:

Intel Core i5 3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz
    6 GB RAM (5.86 Usable)
    64 bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GT635M
    Intel HD Graphics 4000

I am prepared for the possibility that perhaps my laptop doesn't quite meet the minimum specs, but I'm not 100% sure. I have verified game cache, re-installed, disabled DLC, allowed firewalls, restarted Laptop and Steam.

Hi there,

Thank you for your post.

To CaptainQuo - Unfortunately, your GPU is below our min-spec for Three Kingdoms, so we can't help any further. Apologies :(

To any others experiencing a hanging crash on the splash screen, please try the following:

Adding a preferences script to your scripts folder in your app data:

- Use the Search tool in your Start Menu (Windows 7/8) or Task Bar (Windows 10) and search for ‘%appdata%'
    - From here go into \The Creative Assembly\[Insert Game Title]\scripts

Let me know if this helps, if not, we will investigate this further.

All the best,

Vix