Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedFPS Drops, game lags and unplayable even on lowest settings

decaydavodecaydavo Registered Users Posts: 6
edited May 2019 in Performance & Graphics
Buildnumber: 9198.1663030

Descriptions: The game stutters and Lags on every Screen. If i put it on the recommended settings i cant even navigate the menu cause it reacts so slow. Same for the sound. Makes it unplayable. Benchmark shows massive up and downs in fps on reccomended settings. When i lower them down the benchmark runs fine but ingame its the same problem.

Reproduction steps: i tried lowering my settings to the minimum, but it didnt improve much, even in battles with like 5 units on each site

I reinstalled my drivers, put the game on high priority in task manager, set maximum power in the nvidia controll panel.

Turned down the sound quality to balanced which helped a little but then it went back to stuttering. Sometimes it seams to run quite fine but then it starts again
Post edited by CA_Lewis_Rowe on

Comments

• GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    Whilst we wait on support from CA, what are the temperatures of the hardware as you play the game? Could there be any background processes causing this?
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • decaydavodecaydavo Registered Users Posts: 6
    Well thank you sir! Turns out my Core temperature rocketet up to 100. After proper cleaning and cable readjusting it now runs fine. Temperatures a still as high so i guess its time to improe the cooling.

My your day be blessed <3
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    Great to hear :)
    Enjoy the game!
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop