Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCrashing in Every Battle

Mathew7Mathew7 Posts: 3Registered Users
edited May 24 in Crashes
Build: 9198.1663030

Detailed description: Both of the starting campaign battles I have attempted have ended mid-way through in a crash to desktop, without creating any error message. There was a slight, sudden buzzing sound in the audio as this happened.

I couldn't find the crash dump (it's not in the location provided by the guide and I did a search of my whole computer for .mdmp but no relevant files appeared) however here are the other files.

Thanks!
Post edited by CA_Hamish on

Comments

• CA_HamishCA_Hamish Posts: 127Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA
    Hi @Mathew7

Sorry to hear you have encountered this issue and thank you for providing the attached files. We will be looking into this further.

In the meantime could you try verifying the integrity of game files through steam. You can do this by right clicking the game in your steam library, then selecting Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files. This eliminates the possibility of data missing from the game that could be the cause. Run the game and then attempt to reproduce the crash.

Secondly, do you have your power plan set to High/Ultimate performance in Windows? You can view this by typing "Power Options" after pressing the Windows key. Then click on "Additional Power Settings".

Thirdly, please enable "Unlimited Video memory" in your graphics settings. This will uncap your VRAM allocation to the integrated GPU.

Let us know how you get on

Thanks,
    CA_Hamish
  • Mathew7Mathew7 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks for the response! There were no changes needed for the game files and the power plan was already set to High, but enabling Unlimited Video Memory appears to have solved the issue, at least after three battles. Thanks very much for the help!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,771Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Thanks for the feedback. Marking as Solved.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin