Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Does anyone know how corruption reduction works?

LeoAtlantiaLeoAtlantia Registered Users Posts: 9
The reductions from the civic tree barely touches the percentage of corruption and it seems that it only reduces the given percentage of the portion of income currently corrupted (e.g. 10% corruption *5% reduction =0.5% actual reduction), which renders the relevant civics next to useless. Is this how the corruption system is intended to work? The balancing would be way off in that case.
Tagged:

Comments

• SyrioForel89SyrioForel89 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 163
    I don‘t know, I don‘t even know where I can see the corruption per Province?!
  • ShraphinShraphin Registered Users Posts: 64

I don‘t know, I don‘t even know where I can see the corruption per Province?!

^^^^^^
    No idea where I am supposed to see this.
    You can hover over the province income, which tell you how much corruption there is, but it is very clunky and there must be a better way.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 5,063
    When you select a province, hover over the income total (the gold....what the hell do they call their coins) and it will read off everything affecting it. Everything from population to industry. It will also tell you how much you are losing due to corruption. Note that since corruption increases as you expand, and expanding is a requirement for winning the game, you won't have enough corruption reduction to curtail it properly eventually. Tech or no tech.
  • united84united84 Registered Users Posts: 1,114
    edited May 2019
    I am still new to the game. Haven't done the math on corruption. However, you could reduce corruption in few ways;

1. Tech as mentioned by OP.

2. Buildings. Metal & Earth element buildings (specific, cant remember the name) can reduce corruption.

3. Assignments. BIG corruption reduction, so far I only encounter earth element characters with such assignments.

4. Ancillaries. There's one ancillary that reduces corruption if you equip it on your Faction leader, Heir or PM. Also big reduction because the reduction is faction-wide. This might actually stack.

5. Optimize your economy.

I think the corruption system is awesome. It makes you want to optimize your economy etc. I managed to finish the game (easy mode) with some gold left but it was definitely not more than 10K lol. Good to see that because in other TW games, usually end up with unlimited amount of cash.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,097
    Copper building chain is good for that, one of the final options is a global -4% corruption which I think stacks.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,336
    Research, some General traits, and certain buildings will all reduce corruption somewhat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.