Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Results of the Lord Packs POLLS

Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 466Registered Users
Here is the winner of the DE LL poll:

And the winner is...

MALUS DARKBLADE ! With the overwhelming score of 209 votes!

Surely because he is one of the most popular and intriguing Warhammer 'verse characters ever made. Glad to see this result.

Here is the winner of the Skaven LL poll:

And the winner is...

THROT THE UNCLEAN ! With a final score of 117 votes! Not an overwhelming victory like Malus one but still a good result.

Throt as Legendary Lord of the next Lord Pack makes sense, since all the most important and interesting units of the 8th edition and secondary sources, like Forge World, are from The Moulder Clan.

Followed by Thanquol and Boneripper, already confirmed for an unknown future release by Rich and Andy.

Here is the winner of the HE LL poll:

And the winner is...

ELTHARION THE GRIM ! With a final score of 152 votes! Again not an overwhelming victory like Malus one but still a good result.

Eltharion is important and definitely a perfect Lord option for an eventual Crossgame Lord Pack against Greenskin, Grom the Paunch.

Followed by Prince Imrik.

Here is the winner of the Lizardmen LL poll:

And the winner is...

GOR-ROK ! With a final score of 123 votes! Again not an overwhelming victory like Malus one but still a good result.

In my opinion this result was obvious since many Warhammer players thought that Gor-Rok would have been the FLC Lord released with Prophet and Warlock, even in comments section of The Everchosen Tournament. He was the most requested Lizardmen character, after Tehenhauin.

Followed by Nakai.

Chakax should be there, i know and forgive me. I forgot about him.

What do you think about these results? Are you excited for these new upcoming Lord Packs?
Tagged:

Comments

• NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,008Registered Users
    I am excited because if it's pure Warhammer II or cross packs things that I want are incoming. I either get close to a perfectly clean slate with the game 2 races or much wanted things from others.

Polls landed largely where I expected, but ultimately not what I think CA will necessarily do either.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users

And the winner is...

Surely because he is one of the most popular and intriguing Warhammer 'verse characters ever made. Glad to see this result.

And the winner is...

THROT THE UNCLEAN ! With a final score of 117 votes! Not an overwhelming victory like Malus one but still a good result.

Throt as Legendary Lord of the next Lord Pack makes sense, since all the most important and interesting units of the 8th edition and secondary sources, like Forge World, are from The Moulder Clan.

Followed by Thanquol and Boneripper, already confirmed for an unknown future release by Rich and Andy.

And the winner is...

ELTHARION THE GRIM ! With a final score of 152 votes! Again not an overwhelming victory like Malus one but still a good result.

Eltharion is important and definitely a perfect Lord option for an eventual Crossgame Lord Pack against Greenskin, Grom the Paunch.

And the winner is...

GOR-ROK ! With a final score of 123 votes! Again not an overwhelming victory like Malus one but still a good result.

In my opinion this result was obvious since many Warhammer players thought that Gor-Rok would have been the FLC Lord released with Prophet and Warlock, even in comments section of The Everchosen Tournament. He was the most requested Lizardmen character, after Tehenhauin.

Followed by Nakai.

What do you think about these results? Are you excited for these new upcoming Lord Packs?

Sad to say i am not happy, unless it brings some WH1 race into WH2.....

I need content whit meat to last me until WH3 release date which i think could be Summer 2020, race packs have more content per $ than Lord packs.

I am already disappointed i din't see Araby on WH2. i really wanted to play a fantasy human faction that its not European looking. i wanted to see curved swords, super heavy cav in War Elephants, there no light cavalry/Archer cav faction and this would have been it, Genies wreaking up units... (sights).
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 339Registered Users
    Basing on these polls and taking into assumption that we are going to get 2 chars for each race:

DE:

- Malus DLC
    - Rakarth FLC or LH

SK:

- Throt DLC
    - Thanquol & Boneripper FLC or LH

LM:

- Gor-Rok DLC
    - Nakai FLC or LH

HE:

- Eltharion DLC
    - Imrik FLC or LH

And this is exciting because is what I want to get with these Packs, let alone the potential and possibilities of the new units, lore and mechanics.
    @Chocolate_Rain you should also create Polls about the WH1 races that can get new Lords, for the possibility to get Cross-Game Packs.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    edited May 25
    Sad to say i am not excited at all, unless its WH1 races on WH2 world.

I need content whit meat to last me until WH3, and the Race packs have more content per $ than a lord pack.

I am already very disappointing there won't be more race packs, i really was sure there will be a Araby DLC they had the army list on warmaster, they appeared on both Vortex and ME maps.... i really wanted to see a factions that relied on Light Cavalry, Super heavy Cav in War Elephants, genies wrecking up formations.....

This is in my case since the only faction i really love on WH2 are the Tomb Kings, my main factions are on WH1 Wood Elves, Beastmen, Greenskins which none have been updated.... i am more excited to a update for the said factions.

I know i wont see Beastmen update until WH3, Wood Elves very unlikely so i am waiting for a Greenskins update that the only thing holding me to WH2, WH1 race updates.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,283Registered Users
    Mandatory comment on Eltharion The Grim result.

Still I do really think His Majesty The Crown Prince Imrik of the House Caledor, The Lord of the Dragons fared well in this contest. He did not fight only against the forces of the Grim Usurper but also Greenskins and Crossovers.

Prince Imrik is the best choice for the High Elves, both as dragonrider LL but also because of what his faction offers. He gives a chance to get a hybrid lord with his dragon mount being a caster instead of a rider.

Sequel to DragonHeart the New and the Old worlds need!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 466Registered Users

Basing on these polls and taking into assumption that we are going to get 2 chars for each race:

DE:

- Malus DLC
    - Rakarth FLC or LH

SK:

- Throt DLC
    - Thanquol & Boneripper FLC or LH

LM:

- Gor-Rok DLC
    - Nakai FLC or LH

HE:

- Eltharion DLC
    - Imrik FLC or LH

And this is exciting because is what I want to get with these Packs, let alone the potential and possibilities of the new units, lore and mechanics.
    @Chocolate_Rain you should also create Polls about the WH1 races that can get new Lords, for the possibility to get Cross-Game Packs.

Yes, i will do that.

I'm already excited to see Malus, Rok, Eltharion Throt and Thanquol and all the units CA will bring to the game. Hope to see Merwyrm and several other units from Forge World, End Times and White Dwarf alongside with the 8th ed. ones. Now that i think about it even previous editions units are interesting.
  • DarthKaDarthKa Posts: 398Registered Users
    Malus vs Eltharion and Throt vs Gor-Roq are the ones that seems to make more sense.

The only way I see new WH1 factions LL is FLC along the next LP (sorry, no cross-game)(and for ME campaign only)
    Going full fan mode I would like to see Grom vs Thorek (and GS rework) and Kurt vs Marius (and Empire rework)

With that the 8 core races would have 5 LL each.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,375Registered Users
    Good results, and personally i'm glad people didn't want another Skink in case of Lizardmen.

But now do one for the most important races, aka Dwarfs, Empire and Green lads!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,432Registered Users
    edited May 26
    Generic Genericblade got a lot of votes, that doesn't make him a good character. Nor is he a good choice for a DE LP if they get one with no connection to the TT units, and the race he's got the biggest rivalry against not in game.

Grim is also a pretty poor choice as a HE LL. He's the most popular because people want Grim vs Grom, not because Grim as an individual is a good character. And finally Gor-Rok is the best of the rest of the LM given they have no lord level choices left. Throt's a good choice and that's because he's throt.

The polls demonstrate the need for Crossover LP's.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    edited May 26

Generic Genericblade got a lot of votes, that doesn't make him a good character. Nor is he a good choice for a DE LP if they get one with no connection to the TT units, and the race he's got the biggest rivalry against not in game.

Grim is also a pretty poor choice as a HE LL. He's the most popular because people want Grim vs Grom, not because Grim as an individual is a good character. And finally Gor-Rok is the best of the rest of the LM.

Throt's a good choice and that's because he's throt.

Comment removed.
    People voted Malus for good reasons. Saying that their votes means nothing (because you have a different opinion) is pure and simple childish bias.
    Just because you think that Malus has a "generic" name doesn't mean he's a generic character nor that he's a bad character. And this is even worse because you have not even read his novels.
    WH universe is full of weird names like GolgFAG, The Paunch, The Unclean, The Grim, Goldtooth. . . basing on your opinion this makes them silly and stupid characters.
    Furthermore Malus has connection with slavery, sorcery, Cold Ones, Black Arks, Daemon-stuff and torture.

Medusae, Bloodwrack Shrine, Manflayers, Devoted of Slaanesh, Masters, Black Ark Fleetmasters and Marked Slaanesh DE.
    Comment removed.

Malus has no rivalry? Ha Ha Ha.

"Throt is a good choice because he is Throt". . . . . . . . . . .
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 433Registered Users
    edited May 26
    Image & Comment removed.
    Post edited by dge1 on

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Posts and comments containing personal or derogatory comments about other members removed. Also remove a few false Abuse flags. Differences of opinion do not normally require such a flag. Reporting the post for review is all that is necessary.

Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    edited May 26

And the winner is...

And the winner is...

And the winner is...

And the winner is...

Followed by Nakai.

Sad to say i am not happy, unless it brings some WH1 race into WH2.....

I need content whit meat to last me until WH3 release date which i think could be Summer 2020, race packs have more content per $ than Lord packs.

I am already disappointed i din't see Araby on WH2. i really wanted to play a fantasy human faction that its not European looking. i wanted to see curved swords, super heavy cav in War Elephants, there no light cavalry/Archer cav faction and this would have been it, Genies wreaking up units... (sights).
    Happily CA have already decided the packs contents long before these polls were done.

Hopefully they're doing Grom vs Grim and Throt vs Empire. That's the best result, unless they find a reason to do Imrik ve Grom. Grim is mediocre but he's almost necessary for Grom. Throttles is easily the best LL choice of game 2 races left. If they do a 3rd that'd be a good time for Rakarth vs Gor Rok.

I find LP's give more bang for my buck. They give me a reason to do another playthrough. And they'd really benefit Orcs and Empire.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Posts: 158Registered Users
    I'm a total war fan first, I only found out about War hammer because of total war. With that being said I could care less who the LL is haha I get the LP for the units. However, I would want a cross game LP! I don't see myself purchasing a LP if it's game 2 races only.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 697Registered Users
    edited May 26

Sad to say i am not excited at all, unless its WH1 races on WH2 world.

I need content whit meat to last me until WH3, and the Race packs have more content per $ than a lord pack.

I am already very disappointing there won't be more race packs, i really was sure there will be a Araby DLC they had the army list on warmaster, they appeared on both Vortex and ME maps.... i really wanted to see a factions that relied on Light Cavalry, Super heavy Cav in War Elephants, genies wrecking up formations.....

You are not the only one.
    I could not care less who is gonna make it for DE and SKV. Eltharion is fine because we need him with Grom and I still prefer Nakai over another Saurus.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 978Registered Users
    edited May 26

Grim is also a pretty poor choice as a HE LL. He's the most popular because people want Grim vs Grom, not because Grim as an individual is a good character. And finally Gor-Rok is the best of the rest of the LM given they have no lord level choices left. Throt's a good choice and that's because he's throt.

Malus Darkblade got a lot of votes because he is a good character. He has as much to do with the remaining units as Hellebron did with her units.
    Red11sgb said:

I'm a total war fan first, I only found out about War hammer because of total war. With that being said I could care less who the LL is haha I get the LP for the units. However, I would want a cross game LP! I don't see myself purchasing a LP if it's game 2 races only.

You could care less? That means on a scale of 10 to 0 with 10 being the most care you've only ruled out 0, not caring at all. Sorry, couldn't resist pointing that out.

Anyway I differ from that view somewhat. I agree that Units are the most important thing, but I think the Characters are important too. I got the Q&C DLC almost purely for Hellebron who's awesome. I also like building theme armies so there's that. I do agree units are the most important thing, hence why I want crossovers too; they've got the biggest potential for bigness.

As a sidenote CA also really care about Characters and themes. It's why Grim's a surefire bet if they do a HE vs Orc DLC because there's a theme and a rivalry there, similarly it's why Malus isn't really an option as he doesn't have a rivalry in game 1 or 2. Doesn't mean you should care, but in terms of what's likely it is relevant.
  • PilthoidPilthoid Posts: 196Registered Users
    I just want more cool stuff added. For Dark Elves I kind of want the Beastmaster, provided he can capture the occasional beast that can then be repositioned in his army.
    edited May 26

Malus Darkblade got a lot of votes because he is a good character. He has as much to do with the remaining units as Hellebron did with her units.
    Nope. Being popular =/= being good. Malus has the makings of a reasonable comedy character, but he's not, he's meant to be serious. The Hyde and Hyde gimmick doesn't work.

Hellebron had a rivalry with Arielle to the point where folk literally predicted the name of the DLC. Malus's main rivalry is with himself and with a Demon. Demons are absent from the game. Malus has no rivalry in game 2 or 1 be it by theme or character. Hellebron was also connected to the units at least visually. Malus is like Malekith sans the dragon and Magic, so worse. He doesn't offer a real variation in playstyle.
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Posts: 158Registered Users

Red11sgb said:

You could care less? That means on a scale of 10 to 0 with 10 being the most care you've only ruled out 0, not caring at all. Sorry, couldn't resist pointing that out.

Anyway I differ from that view somewhat. I agree that Units are the most important thing, but I think the Characters are important too. I got the Q&C DLC almost purely for Hellebron who's awesome. I also like building theme armies so there's that. I do agree units are the most important thing, hence why I want crossovers too; they've got the biggest potential for bigness.

As a sidenote CA also really care about Characters and themes. It's why Grim's a surefire bet if they do a HE vs Orc DLC because there's a theme and a rivalry there, similarly it's why Malus isn't really an option as he doesn't have a rivalry in game 1 or 2. Doesn't mean you should care, but in terms of what's likely it is relevant.
    Yeah, I get that the characters pair well with a theme which I'll admit is cool. I like doing theme armies also. I hardly know any lore which is why it doesn't really matter to me which LL they pick. I don't have any attachment to any of them.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 978Registered Users

Nope. Being popular =/= being good. Malus has the makings of a reasonable comedy character, but he's not, he's meant to be serious. The Hyde and Hyde gimmick doesn't work.

Hellebron had a rivalry with Arielle to the point where folk literally predicted the name of the DLC. Malus's main rivalry is with himself and with a Demon. Demons are absent from the game. Malus has no rivalry in game 2 or 1 be it by theme or character. Hellebron was also connected to the units at least visually. Malus is like Malekith sans the dragon and Magic, so worse. He doesn't offer a real variation in playstyle.
    I did not say he is good because he is popular, I said he is popular because he is a good character. It is very enjoyable to read the stories about him, I find it funny that you say his character doesn't work when you haven't even read the books. I haven't read Jekyll and Hyde, so I won't say anything about the comparison, and I also won't claim the Hyde is a bad character.

Hellebron never had a rivalry with Alarielle, they fought in the end times and that's it. She had a much bigger rivalry with Alith Anar who killed her sister. She was still the obvious choice for a dark elf lord pack, because she's an 8th edition lord, and she is powerful and relevant in the lore, and she would play quite differently than the earlier DE lords. Alarielle was in a similiar situation, and when you know the lords it's not hard to guess the name.

Malus does not bring as much variation as Hellebron did, but all remaining dark elf characters including Rakarth are fairly basic melee fighters. Malus has a cavalry focus, and his demon offers the best unique campaign mechanics among them. He is not the best LL ever among all factions, but he is by far the best LL option remaining to the dark elves in warhammer total war. His overlap with Malektih is far smaller than Kouran or Rakarth, while Tullaris has too much overlap with Hellebron. Shadowblade can't lead armies, although he would make for a good LH.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    edited May 26
    Interesting, with high elves I'm not to fussed Eltharion and Imrik both seem like fun elves

Glad everyone wants to see Throt so much really want to play him more so than I did ikit

Malus I think makes sense maybe more a game three LL tho but having a skilled fighter on a unique cold one able to tap in too demonic power seems really fun

I think I'd prefer Nakai to be honest even tho more off a green knight type of character having a kroxigor as a lord would be brilliant

• neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,657Registered Users

EVERYTIME I see a talk about Malus this guy is ALWAYS here to say "meh malus bad, malus generic". Geez dude you are obsessed with it.
  • tyrannustyrannus Posts: 922Registered Users
    Malus is good and interesting character. Would be great LL choice. Also where the hell that Elric rip-off narative came from? Aside from daemon sword they have NOTHING in common.

Believe in humanity!
    Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Yeah, I get that the characters pair well with a theme which I'll admit is cool. I like doing theme armies also. I hardly know any lore which is why it doesn't really matter to me which LL they pick. I don't have any attachment to any of them.
    Fair enough.

I used to know little, but you spend enough time on the forums, then you use google and the wiki and the knowledge grows.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,130Registered Users, Moderators
    tyrannus said:

Malus is good and interesting character. Would be great LL choice. Also where the hell that Elric rip-off narative came from? Aside from daemon sword they have NOTHING in common.

Frankly, Teclis is the Elric rip off, just Elric sans Stormbringer. But Malus completes that bit if added to the equation.

Anyway, please, lets be nice. Folks are entitled to their opinion, including on if Malus is Boring McBoringface (which, in my opinion... yes, he is, though I'm sure CA could make him interesting).
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,530Registered Users
    All jokes aside as far as second options go I think neither Imrik nor Rakarth nor Nakai will appear since they aren't characters in 8e and Nakai isn't even LL material. Aside from poll top place Skaven, LM and(in my opinion) HE have valid options in Thanquol, Tetto'eko and(again, in my opinion) Korhil.

A part of me really wants to see the triple Skink LM just to see the salt.

Korhil seems ignored since we have Alastar but I'm not sure that would necessarily prevent him from appearing.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 511Registered Users
    Crossil said:

All jokes aside as far as second options go I think neither Imrik nor Rakarth nor Nakai will appear since they aren't characters in 8e and Nakai isn't even LL material. Aside from poll top place Skaven, LM and(in my opinion) HE have valid options in Thanquol, Tetto'eko and(again, in my opinion) Korhil.

A part of me really wants to see the triple Skink LM just to see the salt.

Korhil seems ignored since we have Alastar but I'm not sure that would necessarily prevent him from appearing.

I agree, characters from 8th edition should take priority. Why CA should make Nakai if they have four characters from 8th edtion with models? I think we will get characters from this list:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1396625137