Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When do you personally see the Chaos Invasion trigger in your campaigns?

user_clueuser_clue Posts: 3Registered Users
edited May 28 in General Discussion
I'm curious when others see the Chaos Invasion event trigger in their campaigns. Personal I've seen it trigger as early as turn 120 and as late as 180. I'm not asking about how the mechanic itself works, but just for your own personal experiences.
Also, about how large was your empire when it did trigger? I'm running some tests right now and I need to set a decent and realistic point for the invasion to trigger.
This is just for the purpose of survey.

Comments

• GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Posts: 199Registered Users
    edited May 28
    Chaos Trigger happens depending on how powerful you are. If you are relatively weak, the trigger happens much later, usually mid to late 100's turn.

However, everytime you get stronger, you tend to reach a certain threshold whereby the trigger has a higher chance of triggering much early. Earliest you can expect is turn 60+.

It follows the Imperium mechanic that was present in older total wars. There are certain threshold of power, and each time you reach it, an event/world-wide modifier is implemented.

In warhammer's case, if you reach in the top 3 factions in terms of power, the trigger happens at a much earlier stage. Atleast thats what I observed
    ==========================================================================================
    When you are trying hard not to burn people but you smell heresy in the air...

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,257Registered Users
    Too soon. As turtling player I usually see it too soon. Sometimes I have two completed provinces by turn 100.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• sandercohensandercohen Posts: 67Registered Users
    I thought the full invasion with Archaon only occurs once you have 30 settlements?
  • kondenadokondenado Posts: 293Registered Users
    Personally, I don't care when is it launched. I would rather prefer to have a notice in advance - let's say 15 turns -
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Posts: 30Registered Users

I thought the full invasion with Archaon only occurs once you have 30 settlements?

In Mortal Empires I've tended to find it fires when you're at about 45, give or take a few.
  • onchristieroadonchristieroad Posts: 62Registered Users
    I've seen it usually spawn around 27 settlements but a lot less beyond turn 100. Just the first wave. There seems to be another trigger for Archaon's wave. Maybe 50ish settlements. Not sure of exact numbers though.
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Posts: 30Registered Users
    Though I did just have Archaon spawn at 31 settlements with Bretonnia. Was about turn 160 (I've been putting off the last battle).

It's possibly some formula including both, with increasing chance to happen as you increase in settlements and time.