Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

please make option for 12 turns or 4 turns one year, so my hero can live to the late game

lbsss2850439lbsss2850439 Posts: 10Registered Users
Dear almighty CA,

thanks for make this awesome game

but I have a little request
please make option for us to choose 12 turns or 4 turns for one year, so my hero can live to the late game

normally I spend 50 turns to become a strong faction

and I spend 100 turns to take 1/4 of china

I spend 150 turns to take 1/2 of china

and I spend 200 turn to take most of china

so in the late game, most my legendary hero will die for aged or become grandpa or grandma

this is romance of three kindom, how can so many grandpa do so many romance things in three kindom ?

and give order to grandpa and grandma and let them go to battle makes me feel guilty

please help me for this problem

thanks!

your faithful player
Tagged:

Comments

• shattishatti Posts: 356Registered Users
    edited June 1
    first thing to point out
    you did 200 turns without noticing that they're actually 5 turns not 4 !!
    so yaay thats 1 buff for u

second thing 12 turns "O_O" !!
    if u conquer china in 200 turns then it's only 16 years, u will not have time for "romance"
    no grown children, absolutely no grandchildren.

i get what u want, but maybe 1 extra turn would do a lot in the long run not 12
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,132Registered Users
    edited June 1
    I don't want to have China reunified within one generation. Takes away all the epicness. Why even have family trees and descendants if you never have to consider them taking over? You can always play Warhammer if you want immortal characters.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,117Registered Users
    This will one of the very first mods that drop when they get released I suspect.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,284Registered Users

This will one of the very first mods that drop when they get released I suspect.

Should be easy to do. Not sure if it can be done with current pfm but I intend to mod to 10 turns per year once assembly kitbis out.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    One of the things I like most about TW3K is how absolutely massive the map is and how long it takes to conquer it all. It makes you realize why it took almost 100 years for the Empire to finally be united under the Jin. I don't think they should give us 12tpy they should keep it as is.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,586Registered Users

I don't want to have China reunified within one generation. Takes away all the epicness. Why even have family trees and descendants if you never have to consider them taking over? You can always play Warhammer if you want immortal characters.

Total War: Warhammer to be more precise, most Warhammer characters are not immortal in the Lore.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/TotalWarWarhammer
  • lbsss2850439lbsss2850439 Posts: 10Registered Users
    shatti said:

first thing to point out

if u conquer china in 200 turns then it's only 16 years, u will not have time for "romance"

thanks for point out my mistake

I still wish we could decide and select between 1~12 turn per year any time before we click "next turn"

having children is totally random, my Zheng Jiang have her child when she is 55 years old

so I will adopt any of my grown General as my child in my next new campaign

don't you feel weird to lead a group of grandpa and grandma and let them do battle ?

shatti said:

first thing to point out

I still wish we could decide and select between 1~12 turn per year any time before we click "next turn"

having children is totally random, my Zheng Jiang have her child when she is 55 years old

so I will adopt any of my grown General as my child in my next new campaign

don't you feel weird to lead a group of grandpa and grandma and let them do battle ?
    Being able to modify it at any point sounds like cheating, it should be a choice at the start of the campaign.
    Suliot said:

One of the things I like most about TW3K is how absolutely massive the map is and how long it takes to conquer it all. It makes you realize why it took almost 100 years for the Empire to finally be united under the Jin. I don't think they should give us 12tpy they should keep it as is.

I still hope CA can let us decide how many year to spend to conquer all of China

200 turns is ok because warhammer 2 also need around 150~200 turns to conquer all the map

But if 200 turns is 40 years, in the late game, most of your experienced general is grandpa or grandma, and they will keep dying in every turn

please at least not shown " your General is dead for ageing when he/she is doing their duty "

please shown " your General is fade away " or " your General is MIA (missing in action) "

it will make you feel they is still alive and just go to enjory their retirement
    Tayvar said:

shatti said:

first thing to point out

Being able to modify it at any point sounds like cheating, it should be a choice at the start of the campaign.
    I hope at least in romance mode we can choose how many turn per year

I don't want most ouf legenary hero grow too old in late game

and sometimes I hope Sun ShangXiang grown to adult in 10 turns 10 years instead of 50 turns 10 years....

I don't want to cheat, I'm very enjoy spend 200~250 turns to finish a campaign now
  • AtYourLeisureAtYourLeisure Posts: 60Registered Users
    No reason for CA to do this, modders will.
  • MerwanorMerwanor Member Posts: 420Registered Users
    Finding out that my lords and generals could die of old age in romance mode made me lose all interest in the game. Why spend so much time leveling up and making your lords army great to just have them die of old age.

I guess I will have to wait for mods to fix this stupidity, because those basic lords can't replace the special ones. They are just boring in comparison.
    Merwanor said:

Finding out that my lords and generals could die of old age in romance mode made me lose all interest in the game. Why spend so much time leveling up and making your lords army great to just have them die of old age.

I guess I will have to wait for mods to fix this stupidity, because those basic lords can't replace the special ones. They are just boring in comparison.

Who would had expected those characters to die from old age, it's well known that they was vampires.

• shattishatti Posts: 356Registered Users
    edited June 2
    Merwanor said:

i play only records and i never thought of this problem for romance mod until now.
    well then i guess for romance mod longer turns are essential and required, but not records