Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Game of Thrones

SpookycoltSpookycolt Posts: 74Registered Users
I heard they are in talks to acquire the rights.

God help us all.

Comments

• ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Posts: 419Registered Users
    But would the game be better then season 8 ?

Gotta ask the right questions brotha
  • SpookycoltSpookycolt Posts: 74Registered Users
    I don't think even CA could screw it up more than the series did.

lol

They would give it a good try, don't get me wrong, but ultimately it would be better.
  • johncagejohncage Posts: 246Registered Users
    is there really a demand? game of thrones is pretty trash as a source material, even worse than warhammer. just stick to the best material can provide, history.
  • AtYourLeisureAtYourLeisure Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited June 4
    johncage said:

is there really a demand? game of thrones is pretty trash as a source material, even worse than warhammer. just stick to the best material can provide, history.

Eh, that's a very narrow minded view. No thanks.
  • SpookycoltSpookycolt Posts: 74Registered Users
    Honestly I would love to see them try a modern day or even future total war.

Why they have avoided WWII up to this point astounds me.

They can obviously do the weaponry.

A Civil War Total War would also be awesome.

I'm sorry but I'm tired of guys with swords and shields and archers in every game.

Time to branch out.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Posts: 638Registered Users
    johncage said:

Is that a joke? Of course there is demand. Someone posts what a great idea Game of Thrones would be for Total War every week on the forum, and the source material seems interesting enough to have generated a large following.

That being said, I am not sure what it actually brings to the table that is new. It seems it would end up being a hybrid of 3k, War hammer and medieval total wars.

Anyway, if the fantasy team worked on that after Warhammer, and the historical team worked on WW1 total war after 3k, I would not complain.
  • KDubyaKDubya Junior Member Posts: 138Registered Users
    I'm thinking the faction that gets dragons is a wee bit unbalanced. When that faction also gets the best cav (dothraki) and the unsullied spearmen i'm not optimistic about any sort of game balance.
  • tgoodenowtgoodenow Senior Member Posts: 778Registered Users
    Gonna need a sauce on this post
  • SultschiemSultschiem Posts: 1,629Registered Users
    Now that we've seen the three kingdoms diplomacy, I think they could make that well.

@KDubzya the Dothraki are not the best cav. They have the best light cav. The best heavy cav is fielded by the Eyrie and it was shown by Jorah, that they are actually pretty bad at fighting against heavy armor.

The unsullied on the other hand have long spears and proper formations for that.

Furthermore, the dragons would grow up over time and only be available in the late game.. in the dance of dragons it also was established, that they can be shot down by archers.

Then there could be events, agents usable to assassinate people, betrayals etc...... could work very well.
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Posts: 419Registered Users

I don't think even CA could screw it up more than the series did.

lol

They would give it a good try, don't get me wrong, but ultimately it would be better.

Honestly I think Westeros would be a interesting game. Alot of factions in Essos, the hero mechanic would be nice too , plenty of room there

DLC , Roberts Rebellion, Dance of Dragons

Def needs to be done right, but could be successful
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,648Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved the TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    edited June 4
    They might just do it after the Warhammer trilogy, there’s quite a number of crappy GOT games by lesser known devs that flew under the radar.

I’m confident that they could acquire the license, definitely love to see such a game, seeing that the character interaction foundation has being laid by 3K. Leave the battlefield superhero out of it though.

Hopefully the dragons can be done right this time, seeing that it’s only real fantasy unit. Warhammer dragons are so immensely boring, they float around at snail’s pace like a goddamn jellyfish and they barely get to use their disappointingly small golden shower attack.

Please make the dragons like the show, attack aricraft and not hot air balloons.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    I would have said no in the past, in terms of likelyness, but with 3K features, I could see it happen.

Mind you I still like to see a source for OP's claim.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,462Registered Users
    I'd play the **** out of a Total War: Game of Thrones.
  • GrebcolGrebcol Junior Member Posts: 21Registered Users
    edited June 4
    Game of Thrones: Total War would be amazing. Winter is coming!

Now hoping that Sega can partnership with HBO (Warner) and make it happen.
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 637Registered Users
    Couldn't get into Warhammer at all, too far on the fantasy spectrum for me. Game of Thrones I could get in to though
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,098Registered Users
    If they apply it to the book it could be a great option.
  • johnsongjohnsong Posts: 33Registered Users
    I would definitely be pumped if they made this game. With the 3k features combined with the game of thrones setting it would be awesome if done right. For those who think it can't be done because of the dragons I don't think that's a deal breaker. Just has to be done right. Every faction would have their strengths and weaknesses. The dragons would be a superweapon and overpowered but would cost a lot of food and money for upkeep. They could be venerable to armor piercing missles as well.

Targaryen could start in the east with her dothraki and dragons. Like someone mentioned maybe the dragons start out mall then grow over the years. Starks would have the most land but would have to deal with invasions from the north ( Wildlings and eventually White Walkers ). Lannisters would have an all around solid army with plenty of gold but everyone would hate them from the beginning and they have the Iron Islanders off of their shore. Ect ect…

There are also many weapons and material from the lore that would be easy to transfer to a game without too much thought like 3k

• BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    Every argument against a TW:GOT look stupid now with the success of Three Kingdoms.
    It’s always something about Diplomacy, characters, Intrigue and unit diversity, I do hope that the First Non warhammer fanatsy title they make is Got/Asoif.
    Hell, I’d overjoyed if they skip over WH3 to make GOT instead.

However, I’d spit blood if the stupid Three Kingdom approach to characters is taken, I can already imagine Lady Olenna unleashing ‘Blossom of the Golden rose’ to explode infantry blobs, ensnaring Catelyn Stark with her ‘Queen of Thorns’ passive to challenge her to le epic trial by combat. All the while spouting tired and cliched lines.

The character system needs some adjustments to be sure.