Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Incompatible multiplayer game

ChojChoj Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5
Hello .. before the second pacht..not widowed the games .. now I see them but they are all incompatible .. please resolve the problem .. I write from Milan Italy.
Thank you

Comments

• BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,855
    That may be because you are using the beta patch and they are not (yet).

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ChojChoj Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5

That may be because you are using the beta patch and they are not (yet).</blockquot

The problem is that before the pacht I did not see not even 1 game hosted .. now instead you see the games but they are incompatible .. I don't know what to say

• BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,855
    Exactly. The patch lets you see the games hosted, but will not let you join ones where the host is not using the patch because it is a different version of the game in the same way as using different mods makes games incompatible.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

Exactly. The patch lets you see the games hosted, but will not let you join ones where the host is not using the patch because it is a different version of the game in the same way as using different mods makes games incompatible.

I realized that the pacth gives me incompatibility .. but if I remove the patch I don't see a hosted game anymore ... I don't see anything.
    I think users without tthe patch are probably sending each other links to the games via direct chat (e.g.Steam or Discord) so they are able to play without seeing the lobby. I expect the issue will resolve itself when the patch goes live for everybody.

I think users without tthe patch are probably sending each other links to the games via direct chat (e.g.Steam or Discord) so they are able to play without seeing the lobby. I expect the issue will resolve itself when the patch goes live for everybody.

Thank you very much ... for your interest we hope it will resolve as you said.
  • HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 566
    Choj said:

Thank you very much ... for your interest we hope it will resolve as you said.
    Once everyone gets the patch you will see them as compatible matches, do not worry, this is because you are using the patch and they are not, obviously if you remove the patch you will not see anyone.
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester