Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why TW Three Kingdoms needs an Avatar multiplayer mode

SpectorSpector Senior MemberPosts: 749Registered Users
edited June 6 in General Discussion
I see a lot of post about how Three Kingdoms may be the best Total War game ever. I agree, but not fully, because the multiplayer aspect seams to be ignored or forgotten in those reviews and player accolades.

I am personally a long time franchise fan and player. Been playing since the original Shogun with the exception of some of the franchise's games that I didn't like the setting of gameplay of. And for me Shogun 2 was, and still is, the pinnacle of this franchise because it was a full developed game in all of it's aspects. Both single and multi player. It was a game that had a very unique art stile, brought many new ideas and improvements into the Total War franchise, fantastic music, great general speeches and very importantly expanded the multiplayer part of the game into something very new, fresh and engaging for hundreds of thousands of players. I am talking of course about the Avatar multiplayer mode, or as it's called the Avatar conquest.

I went and wrote a lot about this subject on my blog:

https://theloadingscreen.video.blog/2019/06/05/why-tw-three-kingdoms-needs-an-avatar-multiplayer-mode/

But, long story short:
I think that the Creative Assembly needs to realize that they have a excellent opportunity here to make a new massive Avatar mode based on the three generals systems with basic and advanced units, based on the Records mode of the Three Kingdoms. As they already have many of the advanced customization system already in place in the singleplayer part of the game.

With the cancellation of Total War Arena it might be the perfect time and place to make a new Avatar conquest mode in China and offer it to ever growing number of fans and players of the Total War franchise. In the today's world of game exposure with E-sport, game streaming and other platforms for sharing gameplay live I think this game mode could become a large hit for years to come.

Do you agree with me or do you have reasons to disagree?
Playing Total War since the original Shogun
Post edited by Spector on

Comments

• JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 671Registered Users
    I totally agree! CA did not even include Records mode in ranked battles. I would even pay extra for it. I am hoping they listen.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • dreamshgdreamshg Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    I agree. 3k needs avatar multiplayer mode!!
  • -TWI- Samuel-TWI- Samuel Posts: 77Registered Users
    edited June 5
    I agree with the whole post.....
    And at least at least, the possibility of selecting Records mode in ranked battles.
  • shattishatti Posts: 323Registered Users

I agree with the whole post.....
    And at least at least, the possibility of selecting Records mode in ranked battles.

+1
    records is a must for MP
  • SpectorSpector Senior Member Posts: 749Registered Users
    I also consider the Records mode as the proper MP PVP mod as it is the actual tactical mode of 3K.

I am very happy to see more players entustiast about the Avatar mode as only by showing CA that there is a market for such a game mode will they make one.

If only we could reach more players and share the sentiment so CA ca see just how large a market they are missing out on.
  • -TWI- Samuel-TWI- Samuel Posts: 77Registered Users
    Maybe they plan to add something in future patches ... hopefully.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,827Registered Users
    Avatar conquest would make so much sense for MP. Character customization with unique items is already a thing, they just need to expand that. And also since most people use the same roster the game can be balanced with that.
  • SpectorSpector Senior Member Posts: 749Registered Users

Maybe they plan to add something in future patches ... hopefully.

That is my hope as well! But a standalone version would be fantastic!
    Krunch said:

Avatar conquest would make so much sense for MP. Character customization with unique items is already a thing, they just need to expand that. And also since most people use the same roster the game can be balanced with that.

Exactly. So much of the needed gameplay elements and mechanics are already in the game, they just need to transfer them to a new MP base and they are almost done.
  • BrigadierGrahamBrigadierGraham Junior Member Posts: 42Registered Users
    I agree totally old boy! :)