Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

6 character armies or 10 Unit slot Retinues

TheLoneCenturionTheLoneCenturion Posts: 16Registered Users
As title says it seems impossible to do the 40 stack (or 42 for this game) edit in EditSf (A tool used previously to go into a new save file and change the 20 stack army limit to 40) so I would REALLY love an option to have larger single armies on the map.

I have noticed in previous titles that setting the game to 40 stack size makes the ai much more competitive with its battles and less derpy, not only that but they actually field balanced armies as well. Also a larger army just looks better and is more enjoyable to set up as you will actually have space in the army for some unique builds.

So please CA this should really be a feature in the game, the UI already supports it (also having 2 armies next to eachother has the same effect besides the horrid reinforcement mechanic) so why not just add an option to enable it in game?
Tagged:

Comments

• tjktjk Posts: 2Registered Users
    bump, im interested if it's possible to increase the number of characters/units also
  • leomascileomasci Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'd like larger armies too, I've tried to edit savegames with editsf, setting the unit limit to 42 but it makes the game crash; maybe there is a "switch" that enables six retinues armies in campaign just like you can do in custom battles...
  • tjktjk Posts: 2Registered Users
    Im guessing theres some other we would have to edit to make it compatable i.e. number of generals in an army