Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What is wrong with this game

Tosh2033Tosh2033 Posts: 1Registered Users
I played now for 60 hours and i never had to defend one of my citys with walls and towers...
For me this was one of the best part of Total War.

Now the enemy ALWAYS go for a siege...they only attack your small farms. For me this is a really bad game design.

Comments

• iriyasiriyas Posts: 59Registered Users
    so your complaining about the AI being smarter than wasting its army against your walls? :)
  • kweassa1kweassa1 Posts: 663Registered Users
    Obviously he is.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    You know there is always that option to tone done the difficulty...
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Well... this is a Total War game... not Tropico 5 :P your going to get attacked at your perceived weakest points. This is considered an improvement to most Total War players...
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • street_regulatorstreet_regulator Posts: 162Registered Users
    those outnumbered non-walled settlement fights are way more fun to me than wall fights. you still get a lot of walled city defense battles later in the campaign when there are enemy armies coming at you from every angle, or at least i did
  • zspianozspiano Junior Member Posts: 371Registered Users
    I got many times of attack at my walled major cities at VH difficulty. Turn up the level plz.
  • SchubSchub Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited June 11
    iriyas said:

so your complaining about the AI being smarter than wasting its army against your walls? :)

Hm ai not smart enough to attack a walled city with more than one army so it is not a waste is an improvemend? (a liitle bit provocative :D ).

But to be honest my walled cities also have never been attacked by the ai.

• GelstonGelston Senior Member Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    Yeah, I hate building up an Imperial City, and then never seeing what it looks like because the AI will never attack it. Even when sieged, they'll wait out the turns to force you to sally out.

I get it us smarter, but this is also a game. It is meant to be fun.
  • Levi_fowl27Levi_fowl27 Posts: 80Registered Users
    To defend a farm, or mine etc, only with the garrison vs a full stacked army, it's one of the most challenger and fun things in the game.
  • FeeblezakFeeblezak Posts: 29Registered Users
    The AI often attacks my walls after 2-3 turns. I find if they go for a long siege then they have a weaker army which can be beaten by sallying out.
  • vintagepurplevintagepurple Posts: 708Registered Users
    players: the AI is so dumb, it suicides against my walls!

also players: why is the AI not suiciding against my walls? it is so broken that i need to move one of my armies to respond!
  • SchubSchub Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited June 12

players: the AI is so dumb, it suicides against my walls!

also players: why is the AI not suiciding against my walls? it is so broken that i need to move one of my armies to respond!

Also also player: why can‘t I have an ai which attacks my walls without suicidal tendencies?