Warhammers campaign gameplay is painfully dull, at least as some factions. I thought I would start a discussion on how we could improve it. Wheter it be overall, race or even faction specific.
Down below I made a list of suggestions/changes. Some are just points that I feels need to be addressed. I will update it as I go. Discuss, how would you like to see CA improve the campaign?
- More Maps, I think this one of is a big killer of the replayability, provinces feel like one map when battle comes, and the formula based Siege maps is not helping either.
- Improved Diplomacy, Quick Deals from 3K and more things to trade. Gold and War Declarations being the only way to improve relations is dull.
- A bit of a meme at this point, but I genuinely thing Standard Bearers would add to the game. Infantry (RoRs getting their unique ones) holding the factions standard/banner. With giving the factions their own identity, it doesn't feel you fight Greenskin Tribe #12 but actually each respective one.
- More Lord Variation. Purely cosmetically as it is more doable resource wise, but would love equipment variables as well.
- Refine some Victory Conditions, some factions just have a list of major settlements to conquer some of them don't make sense lorewise or logically.
A new menu and resource, Politics and Political Favor, this new menu would have every province of the Empire represented, including two new (not on the campaign) the church of Sigmar and Ulrics, also Kislev and Marienburg but they are not paramount.
Hovering over each faction, you would see a mission, say Middenland (Defeat a Beastmen army) and you gain +10 Political Favor, but you can only use said resource on the mission source. Polical Favor can be used to demand/request payments, military support and supplies and coordinated war attacks, and finally confederation. You would do gain these by battles, dilemmas and favorable diplomatic actions.
Grand Masters and Knightly Orders. (Player can choose Grand Masters Lord Knightly Order origins.)
- Uniting the Karaz Ankor/Grungis will - Reclaim lost holds. (Like Ancestral Grudges in SFO/Grimhammer)
- Daemon and Dragonslayer (Lord and Hero Respectively)
(Maybe) remove the generic Vampire Lord altogether, making it that only Necromancers can be recruited vanilla vise and the others through blood-kiss.
Warriors of Chaos
Path To Glory - Chaos Lords can take on a mark of a god, and embark on quest to become a Daemon Prince.
Challenging LLs (when LLS are given their own factions) into confederation.
Not suggestion, but a point, Norsca is the only faction with the availability to kill Non-LL Faction Leaders in the game.
Give each faction something more to play with, Clan Mors and Rictus having a more upgraded Vermintide from the get go. Pestilens spreading plagues from the Underempire.
The Intrigue Screen is rather uninspired.
Black Arks overhaul or rework. There is no reason for a player to get them in the state. Allow Lords to embark on them with their armies.
Snore. Help me out here.
Rather complete, Bone Giants(Melee) and High Liche Priests are sorely missed though.
- Infamy is marketed as one of the race mechanics, but in reality, it does nothing.