Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dong Zhuo lives!

WarhydraWarhydra Posts: 4Registered Users
So I started another vh/vh Ma Teng campaign and to my greatest surprise, Dong Zhuo assassination event never happens. I have played 5 campaigns and never seen this happen.
Has anyone else seen Dong Zhuo not dying due to event?

Comments

• MortenKEMortenKE Posts: 317Registered Users
    Three times (out of 10-15 total), first campaign i ever did he lived and in my most recent one Sun Jian was fortunate enough to be the one to defeat his army and then execute the naughty lad. Sun Quan loves his new weapon ;)
  • WarhydraWarhydra Posts: 4Registered Users
    MortenKE said:

Three times (out of 10-15 total), first campaign i ever did he lived and in my most recent one Sun Jian was fortunate enough to be the one to defeat his army and then execute the naughty lad. Sun Quan loves his new weapon ;)

Nice! I am actually in a coalition with him currently (the ironically named "Coalition to Oppose Oppressors") Since he serves as a convenient buffer between me and all the "Rebels" of the east. (The also confusingly named "Coalition to Defend the West" led by Yuan Shao, Liu Bei and Kong Rong) All I really have to worry about from the East is Zhang Yan's frequent incursion over the river.
    While Big Dong is doing all the fighting in the East, I take the path of least resistance and march all the way South, crushing Liu Yan and Jia Long and colonize my way towards Shi Kai.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,138Registered Users
    They did say in the patch notes that this event is supposed to happen way less often now.
  • KoganesagaKoganesaga Posts: 87Registered Users

They did say in the patch notes that this event is supposed to happen way less often now.

Haven't noticed that personally, in fact it feels like he dies more often as he has died without exception in every campaign since that patch for me. Probably bad dice, but still feels odd (same with the zhao yun trigger, I actually got him before the "fix" but now I haven't seen him in 3 campaigns).
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,553Registered Users
    Played Kong Rong, buy Lu Bu, than after turns like 20,with around turn 80, Dong Zhuo die, idk from age or Lu Bu strike him, but it still was event with backstab.

Idk mine Lu Bu that had satisfaction 80+ almost whole campaign still wanted to deal with fat one.