Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When CA says "No new race packs" they mean...

rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 85Registered Users
When CA says "No new race packs" they mean we won't get Kislev? Since they are in the game maybe they are not discounting their addition? Maybe they would include one Kislev LL as Empire, that would suck because of the ice and bear lore. What do you think? Can we expect at least a Kislev addition if we are not getting Araby?

Comments

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 223Registered Users
    Kislev has no place in the game 2 map.

Bets are they will be race dlc or in the main game of Warhammer 3.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 938Registered Users
    They mean no more race pack for game 2. Kislev would never have come in game 2, there not even on it's map.

Kislev though has a big chance for game 3 in one way or another if you ask me.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 85Registered Users
    But the map can grow a bit, just reveal a bit the east side of the map and we can have space.
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 345Registered Users
    edited June 16

But the map can grow a bit, just reveal a bit the east side of the map and we can have space.

The map is impossible to expand once done, CA's words. Kislev was never ever coming and will never come in game 2.

Game 3 is another story.
    Rikis said:

They mean no more race pack for game 2. Kislev would never have come in game 2, there not even on it's map.

imo Kislev is a good consolation prize for not having anything new in the future for game 2 , for game 3 people expect crazy races with amazing units and things we haven't seen. Not Kislev even when developed well.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,307Registered Users

The Vortex map is the issue, Kislev would never fit on that, it is too far away from the campaign area, there is pretty much an entire continent between it and the playable area.

Game 3 will be set in and around the Darklands, Kislev could easily be included by having the map overlap slightly with the game 1 area in the main campaign.
    edited June 16
    I see, I hope they include every race they can.
    Goatforce said:

The Vortex map is the issue, Kislev would never fit on that, it is too far away from the campaign area, there is pretty much an entire continent between it and the playable area.

Game 3 will be set in and around the Darklands, Kislev could easily be included by having the map overlap slightly with the game 1 area in the main campaign.
    Can't they create the entire whole world map for game 3? In that way they won't have the "no land for this race" problem in the future since is the last entry in the series.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 903Registered Users

Can't they create the entire whole world map for game 3? In that way they won't have the "no land for this race" problem in the future since is the last entry in the series.

It (somehow) hasn't been made clear to them yet that the combined map with all the races is THE attraction for Total War: Warhammer.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,246Registered Users
    They mean no race packs for game 2. Game 3 where Kislev is a possible core or DLC is wide open.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,642Registered Users
    I only see 2 ways for Kislev to come:
    either a VERY late WH1 DLC (unlikely)

or as part of Wh3 (be it DLC or core)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,307Registered Users

Goatforce said:

They have already stated that the world map is going to be accessible for those who own the trilogy, so we can be fairly certain that won't happen. Kinda makes sense, the series is a big investment and they probably want to make sure people are incentivised to buy all 3 to access the big endgame map (bear in mind once game 3 rolls around game 1 and 2 will be very cheap on sales too, so won't be as big an investment for newcomers).

Most likely the game 3 only campaign will be a narrative campaign a bit like the Vortex, made to showcase the new races. Would bet that it will be based around Daemons trying to do some shenanigans with the polar gates.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 721Registered Users
    They said no new race packs except for one more coming just before game three and a few LPs before that.

• xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Posts: 144Registered Users
    edited June 16
    I think I know what CA means by this phrase.

In game 1, they said that there would be no more race packs but later on, Norsca was announced as the pre-order for Game 2. It was a great dlc but the sudden development of it caused internal problems in terms of coding.

The 'Norsca debacle' made CA realise that developing and coding a race that late in is quite different and difficult. They changed track after this.

Somewhat recently, we were told that Game 2 would receive no more race packs but again, they never mentioned the pre-order (I'm still guessing that Araby will get it). Races take time to create and, more importantly, code into the game. Lord packs on the other hand are much easier to implement. You are not adding completely new elements to the game, you are implementing new elements to an existing component.

Therefore, CA is saving the races for Game 3 where the trilogy is complete and they have a complete slate to base everything on. The Game 3 'Mortal Empires' will be a much easier development cycle as there should only be one or two forms of development instead of creating the content and then working on it again to implement it into the next product.

This should allow Dogs of War/Southern Realms, Kislev and other races to make it in Game 3 (I'm starting to believe that Cathay will be a core in Game 3 alongside Daemons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos Dwarfs).
    Post edited by xBlood_Raven on
    Timpeyo said:

They said no new race packs except for one more coming just before game three and a few LPs before that.

They didn't say one was coming before game 3. Grace just said only Lord Packs are coming for game 2 excluding the pre order. The pre order could be anything. They were specifically not talking about that.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Ares354Ares354 Posts: 1,433Registered Users

Rikis said:

imo Kislev is a good consolation prize for not having anything new in the future for game 2 , for game 3 people expect crazy races with amazing units and things we haven't seen. Not Kislev even when developed well.
    So no Cathay either, because WHY should CA waste time on making 90% of roster ? If we fallow your logic here.

Kislev had its place on game 1 map, but no name Norsca took his place. Kislev is history, as is Araby now. I can bet you on that.
  • IconicIconic Posts: 368Registered Users
    It's possible that they want to hold off major content additions until game 3 especially if they are reworking the code base to include 3k level optimizations.

That is the most optimistic take. All we know for sure is that no new race pack DLC for game 2.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,842Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

no name Norsca
    Yeah Norsca was completely unknown to the fandom and had 0 information about them.
    Ares354 said:

Rikis said:

So no Cathay either, because WHY should CA waste time on making 90% of roster ? If we fallow your logic here.
    I don't see Cathay coming while there are still more developed races with more WH history missing such as Dogs of War, Araby, Kislev, Amazons and Halflings.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 903Registered Users
    Iconic said:

It's possible that they want to hold off major content additions until game 3 especially if they are reworking the code base to include 3k level optimizations.

That is the most optimistic take. All we know for sure is that no new race pack DLC for game 2.

"The most optimistic take" is seriously understating things.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 592Registered Users

“Just a bit too the east” lmao. You mean east of all of Brettonia, Norsca and the Empire. So you want to add most of the Game 1 map to the Vortex? “Just a bit” cracks me up. That’s thousands of miles
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 345Registered Users
    Iconic said:

Ares354 said:

Rikis said:

I don't see Cathay coming while there are still more developed races with more WH history missing such as Dogs of War, Araby, Kislev, Amazons and Halflings.
    Amazons and halflings are on the level of Cathay in terms of likeliness
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 500Registered Users
    edited June 17

When CA says "No new race packs" they mean we won't get Kislev? Since they are in the game maybe they are not discounting their addition? Maybe they would include one Kislev LL as Empire, that would suck because of the ice and bear lore. What do you think? Can we expect at least a Kislev addition if we are not getting Araby?

I think we are getting nothing. My personal opinion on this matter is that its a bad decision, Lord packs don't have enough meat of content to please player's for long especially on the long wait for WH3. WH1/WH2 are older games and people will move on to other games if they don't keep them interested.

I am very disappointed by not seeing Araby, it was a prime candidate as any it has a roster on Warmaster that can be easily added and expanded. its location its both on Vortex and Mortal Empire map.

So far only waiting on Greenskins update....

Iconic said:

Ares354 said:

Rikis said:

Amazons and halflings are on the level of Cathay in terms of likeliness
    They have been part of WH since first edition and have had minis. This game series is a dead failure without them.
  • ns2hivesight@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 53Registered Users
    Guys you are bickering about Amazons and halflings here... They have maybe bit more chance than giants of Albion and Albion in general, even if they are on the map.
    On the topic.

I think Kislev is fairly likely. Game 3 needs good guys and there are precious few of those on the expected TWW3 map. Kislev is one of them and as such is possible till it's not.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,308Registered Users
    edited June 17
    We don't know. They may have changed how to address future incorporation of materials, but the gist of it, is I think this game content is in general hard to update. Or there is something else behind the scenes, because we are know more than one year and a half after the release and so much content as yet to updated, and I don't even mean big updates, simply a good pass on ancilarries, techs, battle result, economy to make them on par between OW and NW.

Is TWW3 the occasion to reset the damn thing ? Maybe but It could end up being TWW2 bis, though, introducing interesting new elements, but ending up being a game lopsided between it's currently sold content and the other elements. One thing that will be important, is that by reason of its focus on the chaos, they will have to tackle the shortcomings of the campaign side. Chaos factions almost only do war and little else, and there has to be something interesting for the players to do. After all isn't that the reason for much of 3K praise ?

Where do race pack come in here? Well without them, refreshing things in TWW2 is unlikely. They do often bring more concepts and update the circumstances of other factions campaigns, the best example being the Empire, that has seen along the updates the circumstance of its single campaign change a lot (with a real Bretonnia, Skarsnik, WE, Norsca, new vampire starts)

Ares354 said:

no name Norsca
    Yeah Norsca was completely unknown to the fandom and had 0 information about them.
    Yes, both of their Lords are Heroes in WoC AB, so them having factions that are independent is silly.

Narsca was chosen over Dog of War and Kislev for game 1, even Norse Dwarfs. And from all 4 of those, DoW had AB to speak of.
    Iconic said:

Ares354 said:

Rikis said:

Agree, but Cathay is now on top of demands to add over those race you speak.