Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiple magic missile spells

EnergyzedEnergyzed Posts: 305Registered Users
Their damage was for good reasons reduced on the prophet and the warlock patch.
Reducing their bonus vs large was one of the messures taken and i have the feeling that maybe their accuracy was reduced unintentionally when doing this (At least vs large).
Also, might be wrong, but i think that the higher arc of fire implemented on them on a previous patch, was removed without being said on the patch notes (making them worse when casted from a foot mage or when targeting another foot unit).
Maybe a slight increase on accuracy for these spells is on demand? Thoughts?

Comments

• DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,171Registered Users
    These spells need to be stronger. CA ruins what isn't even mediocre in power. S A D
  • ViktorTWWforumViktorTWWforum Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    I think that accuracy of some UP missile spells ( Like Shem's Burning Gaze and Gaze of Nagash ) shold be increased ( without homing buff, of course ). This spells are absolute garbage currently - even curse of da bad moon and traitor kin are more useable at the moment.
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Posts: 371Registered Users
    Accuracy should absolutely not be increased in my view. It will quickly turn all magic missiles into spirit leeches. I'd much rather go in the opposite direction and make magic missiles more like artillery with poor accuracy but large area of effect.
  • JustSurpriseMeJustSurpriseMe Posts: 17Registered Users

Accuracy should absolutely not be increased in my view. It will quickly turn all magic missiles into spirit leeches. I'd much rather go in the opposite direction and make magic missiles more like artillery with poor accuracy but large area of effect.

If magic missiles become random but with a large AOE, wouldn't that make them overlap with Vortex spells? I feel like there is some value in having spells that are more specialized in single target damage.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Posts: 940Registered Users
    edited June 17

If magic missiles become random but with a large AOE, wouldn't that make them overlap with Vortex spells? I feel like there is some value in having spells that are more specialized in single target damage.
    Exactly. There are tons of aoe spells. Vortexes, winds, breaths, dd but also certain missiles already like fireball, soul quench, amber spear. Making magic missiles aoe would only leave certain dd as anti-se.
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server https://discord.gg/y3F46r
  • keroro7keroro7 Posts: 220Registered Users
    Let me guess, someone stole your god's hand.
  • EnergyzedEnergyzed Posts: 305Registered Users

Accuracy should absolutely not be increased in my view. It will quickly turn all magic missiles into spirit leeches.

Im just suggesting a small increase. Maybe its me, but i feel they tend too miss more now than before. Damage wise, i think they are on a fair spot compared to spirit leach if all missiles land.