Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Does Zheng Jiang ever have babies

stringer1313stringer1313 Posts: 42Registered Users
I am playing Zheng Jiang and married Sima Yi (so they can make super babies Jk)

However she never has any kids. Not once. Is this just coincidence , do they intentionally not let female faction leaders have kids, or is this a bug?

I’m worried about not having a younger faction heir

Comments

• tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Posts: 389Registered Users
    yes she does have babies but its pure rng ive had babies with her in my campaigns sometimes but other times in a new campaign as her i havent so its just rng
  • stringer1313stringer1313 Posts: 42Registered Users
    Ok whew thanks . I guess this will change after new patch which increases number of babies

I also wonder if kids are more likely to have to stats and personality traits of their parents
    from what ive seen it does not seem that kids have any personality traits or stats from their parents sadly i think it would be a nice addition if they did
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,027Registered Users
    edited June 17

I am playing Zheng Jiang and married Sima Yi (so they can make super babies Jk)

However she never has any kids. Not once. Is this just coincidence , do they intentionally not let female faction leaders have kids, or is this a bug?

I’m worried about not having a younger faction heir

2 unique legendary character seems just can't have baby.

It a bug.

And child stats/class/trait complete random.
    it is not a bug i had zheng jiang marry lu bu and still had children its just rng
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 1,242Registered Users
    I had Gongzun San get a child with Zheng Jiang, although it took almost 20 years of marriage to produce a single child.
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,102Registered Users
    tadakatsu said:

it is not a bug i had zheng jiang marry lu bu and still had children its just rng

That must be one hell of a kid.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,057Registered Users
    Tried to have her and Lu Bu have kids... 42 year old Lu Bu, 18 year old Zheng Jiang.... sigh... poor Fengxian... he just couldn't get it done...
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • sterriussterrius Junior Member Posts: 210Registered Users
    Don´t forget age matters. After a certain age they stop making babies... you know.. like real life ^^.

Marry Zheng Jiang to a young man, usually use this opportunity to get a good Heir candidate. (Mine for example give +2 Public order and +20% food production by being a heir) .

Also she already have 3 babies and its turn 40.

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,057Registered Users
    sterrius said:

Don´t forget age matters. After a certain age they stop making babies... you know.. like real life ^^.

Marry Zheng Jiang to a young man, usually use this opportunity to get a good Heir candidate. (Mine for example give +2 Public order and +20% food production by being a heir) .

ehhhhhh I married Lu Bu to another young women from the Shi Xie clan in the south... and he produced kids. It was pretty cool too... they all had the sur name "Lü"... but none of the martial power... I had hoped that I could create the ultimate warrior princes (and princesses) by marrying Zheng and Lü together... the ultimate hero/army killers.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • Lahn266Lahn266 Posts: 19Registered Users
    I married with LuBu and ZhangFei as Zheng Jiang in my campaigns, and I had lots of children. No problem have baby with strong guys, maybe SimaYi is too weak for her on bed...?
  • sterriussterrius Junior Member Posts: 210Registered Users

sterrius said:

ehhhhhh I married Lu Bu to another young women from the Shi Xie clan in the south... and he produced kids. It was pretty cool too... they all had the sur name "Lü"... but none of the martial power... I had hoped that I could create the ultimate warrior princes (and princesses) by marrying Zheng and Lü together... the ultimate hero/army killers.
    Lu bu is capable of having kids for a couple of decades, but using zheng jiang, a 18 years killing machine with such a old legend is a waste ^^.

If both have 18 years its almost sure you will have 4-5 babies ^^.
  • MortenKEMortenKE Posts: 376Registered Users
    i married Zheng Jiang to a character and she had 5 kids by early to mid 30's. In another campaign I had Lu Bu marry Diao Chan and had a few kids. Because of the age difference then Lu Bu was in his late 50's to early 60's and had a kid, and Diao Chan was around 40.
  • OngtheconquererOngtheconquerer Posts: 267Registered Users
    Wait, you guys could get Zheng Jiang pregnant? Can you help give some tips cause Liu Xu my faction leader still can't get Zheng Jiang pregnant. Its already 170+ turns and she is almost 50. Should I divorce her and get a new wife instead? My leader is just 20+ years old and still young.
    there are no tips to give its pure rng and i think somewhat based on age. i think the older they are the lower the chance of having baby. so with her being about 50 she may be too old
  • OngtheconquererOngtheconquerer Posts: 267Registered Users
    tadakatsu said:

there are no tips to give its pure rng and i think somewhat based on age. i think the older they are the lower the chance of having baby. so with her being about 50 she may be too old

Ah...I see, its hard to get her as I could only recruit her after her faction got destroyed. She won't accept marriages when her faction exist. I recruited her and married my son to her. So its too late.
  • PandajerkPandajerk Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited June 18
    I've played two campaigns as her. The first, I had 9 children within 15 years. The second campaign I had 1 child at like, age 48. So it's a little inconsistent to say the least. All boys as well, which is a bit annoying.