Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Empire Divided is freezes and forces me to shutdown PC during the zoom battle option, then reboot.

agenthunkagenthunk Posts: 38Registered Users
edited June 11 in General Discussion
lately it has been freezing when it shows the engage zoom effect then when you hit battle x mark it freezes....
You know the little zoom everytime you engage the enemy?and you get the options to fight or retreat...it keeps freezing when I get ready to hit fight or hit fight.

I have enough RAM and memory and power to run this game and Direct X 12 ready to go.

if this game is crashing due to direct x 11 then why the **** is it not updated to direct x 12 yet?
Im not using betas in steam,Im currently on the opt out of all betas option in steam.

I don't want to hear it is my PC.....

my PC is fine....

I have Asus ROG GL702ZC Dual Channel 32GB memory
Ryzen 7 1700 and RX580
Radeon 19.6.1
Direct X 12 Supported Laptop
Windows 10 64-bit

No mods

As a further note I attached the crash files that are older...may not be relevant to this current game session,since I do not know if there is a log file somewhere.
everytime it freezes I have to hit hard boot and shut down then boot back up PC.

Ultra/extreme graphics settings

Post edited by agenthunk on

Comments

• BebopanonymousBebopanonymous Posts: 27Registered Users
    Thats a major bummer, I hope someone experienced can help you out with that. I don't have any original ideas other than the common troubleshooting like reinstall, check drivers, etc, but at least i'll give you a free bump.
  • agenthunkagenthunk Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited June 17
    thanks,I found a solution by reducing shadows to medium and sky and water to ultra.

but that is unnacceptable....
    I want all the eyecandy....
    the company needs to replace DX11 with DX12 asap.