Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No ranked battles available for 96 hours! now working, fine!

GerryGamer7#1241GerryGamer7#1241 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 467
edited June 2019 in Multiplayer Bugs
is this a bug or is it only me? I prefer MP over SP, but i havent played a single game since thursday

searching for game

like an endless loop. any ideas?

MAKE RECORDS MODE THE DEFAULT MODE FOR RANKED GAMES. Period.
No matter how negative i may sound, i love three kingdoms.
Post edited by GerryGamer7#1241 on

Comments

• IMpracticalLYIMpracticalLY Registered Users Posts: 53
    Bro MP and QB are a mess, paid 89$ for a campaign only TW.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,687
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• GerryGamer7#1241GerryGamer7#1241 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 467

Sad, but true, m8. I know i belong to the 5% minority, i know it by now. but i have paid my money for the MP part, no interest any more in fighting AI. to each his own, but it is sad ...

dge1 said:
    dge1 said:
    FYI, this is for Warhammer 2 MP/QB battles, I understand they run on the same servers but I don't check WH2 discussion boards for Three Kingdoms content. There are thousands of discussions. Those games were two titles ago and could hardly be considered as addressing the problem of the current title.

What are the chances that CA responded to any Three Kingdoms discussions highlighting the same performance problems? Haven't seen a response from them addressing this issue except on WH1 and 2 discussion boards. If you could link me one I would appreciate it greatly.

Interesting that CA is more active and responsive to functionality problems in WH games than the latest "record breaking sales" game that came out less than a month ago. I find that very interesting.

May I inquire as to the reason why you closed this discussion thread dge1?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/244473/multiplayer-cheating-멀티에서-장군6명-데려오는-버그#latest

Doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I've encountered the same problem in almost every QB game I've played (8 games in 16 days, nothing in the past week) and familiarised very strongly with this individuals incredibly well put discussion. Despite the language barriers, he/she was very thorough and informative. They even provided a step by step (with pics) of the problem in hopes it would be addressed, however, you closed it for this reason, and I quote "Closed. This is not something Creative Assembly can control".

Weird, haven't seen this response in any WH discussion threads mate, they remain open and have even been responded to by moderators and CA. Who is able to control it? Last I checked it said Total War, Creative Assembly and Sega at the bottom of this website.

Please correct any mistakes or assumptions I've made, unfortunately with this lack of official response that may be all I can hope to achieve and am more than willing to be addressed/corrected. Seems like extremely poor communication, or more likely an attempted dodge at any potential reputation damage to the current flagship game that is 3K.

Sad, but true, m8. I know i belong to the 5% minority, i know it by now. but i have paid my money for the MP part, no interest any more in fighting AI. to each his own, but it is sad ...

Hang in there you absolute legend, I hope one day to see you on the field of battle. The five percenters' will have their justice. Uni's over for the semester, I got nothing but time CA.
    dge1 said:
    FYI, this is for Warhammer 2 MP/QB battles, I understand they run on the same servers but I don't check WH2 discussion boards for Three Kingdoms content. There are thousands of discussions. Those games were two titles ago and could hardly be considered as addressing the problem of the current title.

What are the chances that CA responded to any Three Kingdoms discussions highlighting the same performance problems? Haven't seen a response from them addressing this issue except on WH1 and 2 discussion boards. If you could link me one I would appreciate it greatly.

Interesting that CA is more active and responsive to functionality problems in WH games than the latest "record breaking sales" game that came out less than a month ago. I find that very interesting.

May I inquire as to the reason why you closed this discussion thread dge1?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/244473/multiplayer-cheating-멀티에서-장군6명-데려오는-버그#latest

Doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I've encountered the same problem in almost every QB game I've played (8 games in 16 days, nothing in the past week) and familiarised very strongly with this individuals incredibly well put discussion. Despite the language barriers, he/she was very thorough and informative. They even provided a step by step (with pics) of the problem in hopes it would be addressed, however, you closed it for this reason, and I quote "Closed. This is not something Creative Assembly can control".

Weird, haven't seen this response in any WH discussion threads mate, they remain open and have even been responded to by moderators and CA. Who is able to control it? Last I checked it said Total War, Creative Assembly and Sega at the bottom of this website.

Please correct any mistakes or assumptions I've made, unfortunately with this lack of official response that may be all I can hope to achieve and am more than willing to be addressed/corrected. Seems like extremely poor communication, or more likely an attempted dodge at any potential reputation damage to the current flagship game that is 3K.
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,842
    edited June 2019
    As it happens CA is aware that this is happening on both Warhammer and 3 Kingdoms servers.

Personally, I suspect it's more related to the launcher, or Steam, than specific games.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

As it happens CA is aware that this is happening on both Warhammer and 3 Kingdoms servers.

I'm aware CA is aware of these issues. I am familiar with them. Communication is the key here.

May I ask how you know this issue is being addressed and why can't that same courtesy be extended to the THREE KINGDOMS general and support discussion forums?
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,842

I'm aware CA is aware of these issues. I am familiar with them. Communication is the key here.

May I ask how you know this issue is being addressed and why can't that same courtesy be extended to the THREE KINGDOMS general and support discussion forums?
    Because I know that CA_Nate has said so in the warhammer forums and I'm also aware that this issue is considered to be the same one across the various games. Obviously I can't speak for CA on the second part of the question.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

Because I know that CA_Nate has said so in the warhammer forums and I'm also aware that this issue is considered to be the same one across the various games. Obviously I can't speak for CA on the second part of the question.
    Yes, the WH forums. As I suspected, I have seen these responses from the same CA representative. Thank you for your prompt answers Billy Ruffian, I will await a response from dge1 as to his closing of what I perceive to be a perfectly good and informative discussion thread.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,687

Yes, the WH forums. As I suspected, I have seen these responses from the same CA representative. Thank you for your prompt answers Billy Ruffian, I will await a response from dge1 as to his closing of what I perceive to be a perfectly good and informative discussion thread.
    Be happy to reply. Have a link to the thread in question. Nothing personal, I've slept a couple of times over the last couple of days. Thanks. :)
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

dge1 said:

Be happy to reply. Have a link to the thread in question. Nothing personal, I've slept a couple of times over the last couple of days. Thanks. :)

Link was provided in previous posts in this thread, here it is again.

If I appear blunt I apologise (to you moderators, not to CA). I'm aware of your positions and the limitations of said positions but I am one cranky little TW fan.

I to enjoy a daily sleeping schedule or my presence on these discussion boards would be far more prominent.
  • GerryGamer7#1241GerryGamer7#1241 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 467
    Some strange things happened with steam over the weekend. i forgot the bloody name of those steam interchangeable files or what the heck they were called, not my native tongue anyway, see?

what i can confirm is: steam did an update when i was afk early, this was 10 hours ago. still only 2 games in 4 days, but not no games, this is strange, is it not?

Some strange things happened with steam over the weekend. i forgot the bloody name of those steam interchangeable files or what the heck they were called, not my native tongue anyway, see?

what i can confirm is: steam did an update when i was afk early, this was 10 hours ago. still only 2 games in 4 days, but not no games, this is strange, is it not?

It might be worth trying to clear your Steam download cache.

It might be worth trying to clear your Steam download cache.
    Did this multiple times, thx. all of a sudden things seem to be fine again, except ofcourse the champion spamming. only one champion in one army allowed plus a nerf to sima yi (not map wide but 50 m ability) and we are all good. :)

It may be that tthe Steam fix just takes time to propagate across all their servers.