Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Records Mode

iriyasiriyas Posts: 59Registered Users
Hi sorry if this has been asked before.

do we have a list of the differences between records and romance?

we already know the Generals are not heroes and fatigue is a big deal but other than that what are the differences

also how does the character traits as they level up translate into records? do the generals get the additional charge bonuses, scare affects etc?

Comments

• Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    In records mode legendary OP generals can 1v1000-2000, in records mode you can't do that.
  • iriyasiriyas Posts: 59Registered Users

In records mode legendary OP generals can 1v1000-2000, in records mode you can't do that.

thanks for the pointless post
  • Migi84Migi84 Posts: 62Registered Users
    Here you go:

https://wccftech.com/total-war-three-kingdoms-records-mode/

Don't know if it's every detail, but it's something :)
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 420Registered Users
    edited June 19

I think you meant "in romance mode generals can 1v1000-2000" ;)

Anyhow, I believe the overall game is the same. The only things are generals are OP in Romance, and in Record they have a bodyguard unit. Also dueling is only available in Romance. And fatigue is more of a problem in Records.
    But apart from that, there are no differences as far as campaign goes (as far as I know).
    Migi84 said:

Here you go:

https://wccftech.com/total-war-three-kingdoms-records-mode/

Don't know if it's every detail, but it's something :)

thanks for the link I have actually read that already. still doesn't explain how the character elements translate into the battle mode. Also this was written before game was officially released
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,071Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    You still get traits and skills but they tend to be passive buffs and possibly not so powerful (I haven't played Romance so I can't compare directly.)

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    @BillyRuffian so does the geerals stats summary reflect the changes?

sorry i have not played records yet and don't want to start before i finish my romance campaign. also don't get much time to play due to new baby and related issues (i'm just kidding the baby is not an issue)
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,071Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited June 19
    Some screens of the details for a high level general showing all his buffs.

Note: some of them are not being applied as he is not faction leader,prime minister, or heir, nor is he an administrator, although he is Grand Commandant.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    kevManiac said:

I think you meant "in romance mode generals can 1v1000-2000" ;)

Anyhow, I believe the overall game is the same. The only things are generals are OP in Romance, and in Record they have a bodyguard unit. Also dueling is only available in Romance. And fatigue is more of a problem in Records.
    But apart from that, there are no differences as far as campaign goes (as far as I know).

Yeah pretty much that, it was a typo, thanks.
  • sourpufferfishsourpufferfish Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited June 19
    I started a game on records last night to look at this.
    As far as I could tell the skills tree looked the same.

The main difference is your generals will be cavalry units consisting of 30-40 horses give or take.
    But even the generals stats looked the same as romance (even though it's now a cavalry unit).
    For example a sentinal generals cavalry unit will have a high melee evade (just like a sentinal general in romance)

So I'm not sure what makes them so much more OP in romance?

• GelstonGelston Senior Member Posts: 1,583Registered Users

The main difference is your generals will be cavalry units consisting of 30-40 horses give or take.
    But even the generals stats looked the same as romance (even though it's now a cavalry unit).
    For example a sentinal generals cavalry unit will have a high melee evade (just like a sentinal general in romance)

The skills trees are different as far as the abilities. You don't get any, you get enhanced stats for the bodyguard or whatever. Also, bodyguard suze depends on the hero. I had Zheng Jiang with over 100 cav, my strategist was about 40.

Gelston said:

The skills trees are different as far as the abilities. You don't get any, you get enhanced stats for the bodyguard or whatever. Also, bodyguard suze depends on the hero. I had Zheng Jiang with over 100 cav, my strategist was about 40.
    not too worried about abilities but it would be nice to see the bodyguard having the stat buffs as the general levels. I am begiing to think i would prefer records as in romance the generals are too OP. there doesn't seem to be a point in having garrisons as there is no general and unless you fight it yourself the result will always be a heavy defeat.
  • shattishatti Posts: 348Registered Users

try them against spears or dragons units and see the difference ;)
    also there is an automatic duels in records, (when general attack a general, u will see them fight each other, then it will trigger dual results after the battle
    shatti said:

try them against spears or dragons units and see the difference ;)
    also there is an automatic duels in records, (when general attack a general, u will see them fight each other, then it will trigger dual results after the battle
    I really need to get to records mode quickly haha just don't want to abandon the current campaign. power has ebbed and flowed between different factions without anyone dominating for long. i guess because i keep manipulating the AI to take down whoever is becoming the biggest threat. its been quite fun. i'm fighting less battles but having a lot of fun playing the game.

been just thinking about how players role played generals in medieval 1 with nothing but a list of traits and how we all tried to build that jedi general by making him get the traits we wanted....