Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Campaign Boring!!!

chancibaichancibai Posts: 9Registered Users
Dear Total War maniac and developers. I played the campaign almost 10 times. I just realized that the campaign a little bit boring because only some faction have a very good resource. Say Sun Jian faction is very OP. Half of map can easily get for them. I know maybe developers want to give a hype of the history, but come on. After u play 10 times or more, u will get very boring of that.
I hope developers want to give us some different option like random map or something. So we dont meet kingdom of wu, song, wei, shu han, and zhong always. The campaign map is truly not balance. Specially for sun jian i think
I know this game is a historical game, im very happy playing on 2 weeks or more. But after a long run in campaign. I feel very boring, i trying all faction and still feel the same. I hope developers want to consider this. Campaign map random like civilization, total war series will be the best game strategy forever
Tagged:

Comments

• davor999davor999 Posts: 96Registered Users
    They will definitely add factions in expansions into the map. They already did that with Yellow Turbans, and you’d think will be several more
  • tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Posts: 389Registered Users
    nanman i think are a pretty safe bet eventually too and like yellow turbans would have complete new roster and new playstyle
  • Judaka_LTMJudaka_LTM Posts: 100Registered Users
    I would like it if campaigns randomly gave bonuses to some factions so that each game has different factions coming out on top.
    each game already does have different factions coming out on top sometimes sunjian reks everyone sometimes its yuan shao or yellow turbans etc yes i have played a lot of games and most of the ime its different outcome with who the biggest threats are
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,025Registered Users
    It was obvious that game would had less replay ability as Warhammer.

Just 2 race.

I remember when rome2 out it was great. A lot races and factions.

Than Britania and 3K. Compare 3K with Warhammer tons races, after 2 years i still playing Warhammer.

In 3K i played only 3 campaign and kind of bored, right now a bit.

Every fight is just miror match up. That frustrating.
    well one of the more popular games that being shogun 2 in terms of historical games was even more of mirror matchup than this lol
    what do you expect from one nation? lol
  • kweassa1kweassa1 Posts: 663Registered Users

Depends on how you play.

Almost every campaign I played ran a very different course, so the op's complaint is a personal one, and not very objective IMO.

• united84united84 Posts: 614Registered Users
    edited June 20
    All these people complaining the game is boring, please run the game on "very hard to legendary" then we can talk about boredom. I highly doubt they ever completed any legendary difficulty even on TWW.

So far, I tried very hard difficulty and failed few times but at last, my recent attempt had seen a breakthrough and I ended up vassalizing most of the factions which is fun.

Faction variety is overrated. I would choose mechanics over variety, there's no way I would go back to TWW over TW3K. In addition, RoTK lore is the best.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,284Registered Users
    united84 said:

All these people complaining the game is boring, please run the game on "very hard to legendary" then we can talk about boredom. I highly doubt they ever completed any legendary difficulty even on TWW.

So far, I tried very hard difficulty and failed few times but at last, my recent attempt had seen a breakthrough and I ended up vassalizing most of the factions which is fun.

Faction variety is overrated. I would choose mechanics over variety, there's no way I would go back to TWW over TW3K. In addition, RoTK lore is the best.

If doesnt matter what difficulty. It's either if one like it or not like it. I like TW games in general and it does matter whether I play Easy or Legendary. Nowadays I usually just play Normal difficulty.

If one is really into the concept and idea of TW games, then one will like it. For example, many people even here I believe enjoy Paradox games but for me I just could not get into it. Farthest I can go is some odd 2 hours in CK2, but that's it.
  • SchusselSchussel Posts: 744Registered Users
    Intresting when I play Sun Jian it feels more difficult than e.g. Liu Bai

No good starting point to get good deplomatic relations only less developed areas or ruins in the south that are extremly expensive to build up to make them creating a decent income and developing ruined/abondoned areas also counts into the diplomacy malus you get with other factions.

And its not always Liu Bai, Cao Cao or Yuan Shao on the other side had also one time a minor faction as Kigdom
    also in the Beta Patch Dong Zhuan doesn't always die at the start so he can get strong and become a King
  • shattishatti Posts: 356Registered Users
    edited June 20
    chancibai said:

Dear Total War maniac and developers. I played the campaign almost 10 times. I just realized that the campaign a little bit boring because only some faction have a very good resource. Say Sun Jian faction is very OP. Half of map can easily get for them. I know maybe developers want to give a hype of the history, but come on. After u play 10 times or more, u will get very boring of that.
    I hope developers want to give us some different option like random map or something. So we dont meet kingdom of wu, song, wei, shu han, and zhong always. The campaign map is truly not balance. Specially for sun jian i think
    I know this game is a historical game, im very happy playing on 2 weeks or more. But after a long run in campaign. I feel very boring, i trying all faction and still feel the same. I hope developers want to consider this. Campaign map random like civilization, total war series will be the best game strategy forever

don't u think u need to take break instead of changing the game
    i'm not trying to be rude but play other games, u can't play a "single player" forever, it's a general point.
    and no for history change or random starting (Big NO). because we get mods for this, i want the the vanilla game as historical as possible
  • NormandymasterNormandymaster Senior Member Posts: 159Registered Users
    The game is not great and doesn't have much replayability imo. But it's only a question of time period and location, Ca's fault. China is too vast and is lacking choke points and strategical regions. Same problem with the factions it's impossible without fantasy units to create very different factions. You can play any factions nearly the same way. After 5 successful campaigns I'm already waiting for dlcs or mods, that's a shame first time I experience this in a total war game.
    China was a good idea because this period is very interesting but as a game not enough strategical possibilities and variety.
    it has more variety than one of the more popular total war games that being shogun 2 which i believe in terms of historical games ranks 3rd in popularity i believe 3k is currently 1 then its med 2 then shogun 2