Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fans:why I am disappointed in no more race packs.

Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 913Registered Users
edited June 20 in General Discussion
This is more like why you see me mentioning a lot about race packs maybe if i explain my situation maybe you will understand,I am very disappointed whit CA no more race packs decision.....ill write what i been going whit this game...

I am not and Elf player neither Emo or Douche elfs, i only like the Wood Elves. So i saved one Norsca campaign to play on Mortal Empires whit Throgg to play whit... as many of you know that when unfulfilled for almost 1 year...and dont get me started
on the wait for mortal empires. so i played Skaven and Lizardmen but got bored quickly since i dint like the starting positions and felt their roster was full of holes.

As such when Tomb king hit i was hyped i really liked them i played whit them A LOT the only race from WH2 that i really played and loved. then i was well "lets go back to Skaven/Lizards the next LL should be them" they announced the Elf LL pack so i was a bit disappointed but not bothered "Well Elf players need their toys too" because i had already been waiting almost half a year, i was like "**** it, ill buy the DLC douche/emo elf LL pack" hardly played whit them i still haven't finished a campaign whit the 2 new LLs.

I was again waiting for content i might enjoy so they said another race packs was coming i was HYPED i was like "Hell yeah!!! all evidence according to 80% of people said its either Southern Realms or Araby, or 2ll for SR and 2 LLs for Araby,either one i am fine "... and then... BOOM! VAMPIRE COAST!!!!!!!................. I was like " WHAT THE FLYING Fudge!!" but i always give it a chance so i said "let play whit them i need something to hold me until Ska/liz comes" bought it.. and i dint like it... to much going on, recycled mechanics all over.. power creep to the max.. dint like the unit roster found it absurd even to Warhammer standarts...and the fat opera singer... (liked the Vampire count and the Free LL lord thought) :(. i was like " Well, they are having fun this i not for me but next race will be for me after all Wh1 had 5 DLC races WH2 has only 2 DLC must likely we will get a 3rd one..."

I am patient so i was "Well next DLC will come in 3 months?" 4 1/2 later Ska/Liz dropped i enjoy it so far it filled all the holes for Lizardmen that i wanted, as for Skaven well they did fine but i dint like the Skryre campaign it was too easy and to much power creep. So far haven't tried the Brettonia update will soon thought i am running out of stuff to play. aniway excellent Lord pack but already finished whit it.

Also i don't play Vortex only Mortal Empire that the whole reason y bought WH1 and WH2 for the combined campaign most likely why i will buy WH3 even thought i am not excited for so many Chaos factions.

So i was like-" Well i dint enjoy Vampire coast and the most of the DLC but know after such a long wait i will get another whole new faction whit 4 LLs, unique units and new starting locations, YAYYY!!! "

CA_EvilMistressOfHopelessness - "No more race packs,ONLY Lord packs"

Me....... O_o!!! (last drop of water in glass full).......................................... "WHATTTT THHEEEEE !@^*#!!!!!, REALLYY!!! REALLLY!!!!, YOU !@%#$ [email protected]#^$#^%... (curse words in various languages) VAMPIRE COAST REALLY?? LIKE REALLY!!!! YOU !@^#*$^"

Now every time i see those damn Vampire Coast on my selection screen i get extremely irked...i am even thinking of deleting the DLC as not to see them LOL.... A extremely minor race took a very exciting spot of mayor World faction that actually trade and form part of the history of Warhammer... Lord packs!!!? those are not going to hold my interest until WH3!!, also when i lost interest in a game i move to another one and must likely wont invest as much time and money as the previous WH1/Wh2.

The reason i am so irked, its because i bought everything all DLC, and what have i been doing? mostly playing WH1 races on Mortal Empires.

What was your reaction guys?

i already thought back on WH1 we would see Southern Realms and on this one Araby was a prime example of a RACE that SHOULD BE on WH2 it has a roster on warmaster whit its the same as Warhammer but larger battles whit smaller minis, they could expand on that. and it has the location on Vortex and Mortal Empire i can't think of a better race to add to WH2.
Post edited by Unknown6203 on

Comments

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users
    Not thrilled with the decision though still have some level of hope that the game 3 pre-order will be playable in game 2 like Norsca was, but it could end up being a game 3 only race or not a race at all and something entirely new.

We know there are at least 2 more lords packs coming and some form of pre-order bonus.

When game 2 started I thought Tomb Kings, Araby, and Vampire Coast were shoe ins. I got 2 of them right and maybe Araby will be the pre-order bonus, who knows.

I'm not angry about it. Just disappointed and kind of bored. I want CA to release a lot of content and they seem to be content with releasing less than I think would sell well. That's their decision and not much I can do about it. Certainly not going to spend much time dwelling on what I can't change. Best we can hope for is game 3 has a long period of support that involves releasing content specifically for the combined campaign, but I just don't expect it anymore. I think CA's content is great. They just don't release enough of it or patch frequently enough.
    Later
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 877Registered Users
    edited June 19
    I’m really sad as I was hoping for Dogs of War and my Elflord on his Dragon. The one and only...

I want Asarnil and Deathfang in the game so bad.

There’s still hope they at least will be added in Game 3. I’d love too as an Empire player to see the Southern Realm and Kislev to stop being an Empire clone. It’s no fun confederating and marching far from your lands only to come across their same armies.

• Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    Many people pretty much felt the same exact way me included, except I really like the Vampire Coast and Cylostra.

@FinishingLast how could you say the tomb kings are a shoehorn? They are a fully established race with a big roster, many LLs, much presence in the lore and most importantly an 8th edition armybook. They were 100% getting added.

I want to see Araby but neither them nor the VP had an even comparable amount of lore and chance to get in.

Many people pretty much felt the same exact way me included, except I really like the Vampire Coast and Cylostra.

@FinishingLast how could you say the tomb kings are a shoehorn? They are a fully established race with a big roster, many LLs, much presence in the lore and most importantly an 8th edition armybook. They were 100% getting added.

I want to see Araby but neither them nor the VP had an even comparable amount of lore and chance to get in.

I never did say they were shoehorned in. I said they were shoo ins. Meaning that their inclusion was guaranteed.
    Later
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users

I never did say they were shoehorned in. I said they were shoo ins. Meaning that their inclusion was guaranteed.
    Sorry, misunderstood

Sorry, misunderstood
    No worries!
    Later
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,986Registered Users
    I can objectively look at the Vampire Coast, the Queen and the Crone and the Prophet and the Warlock and think they’re all pretty great. No problem doing that.

But subjectively none of them have really been ticklers of the ole fancy for me by no fault of theirs but owing entirely to my own palette of preferences.

The last content I truly enjoyed and fell in love with was the Tomb Kings and even then it was chiefly because of Arkhan the Black who for me is my clear winner of the ’Most Favourable TWW2 Legendary Lord’ award.

Of course race packs are always going to be preferable to Lord Packs. The content of one so clearly outshines the other. A shame then that the Vampire Coast is my least favourite race to play as in the entire series. I just cannot connect with the roster.

But I had high hopes for both the Southern Realms and Araby. To then possibly see neither of those two was a hard strike on my morale going forward. I bear no ill will towards the superbly made Vampire Coast. They just aren’t my cup of tea.

I have little faith in the coming lord packs. Not in the sense that they won’t be great, but they are by definition not going to be Araby or the Southern Realms. Guilt by disassociation. The only thing that might save them is if they either contain TWW1 races or if one of them contains a well made Thanquol.

If not, as far as I am concerned, I am going to go into half hibernation where I might be playing but all my longing will be directed towards TWW3 and the chance to see something truly new and invigorating.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,836Registered Users
    To be fair neither DoW or Araby were Major.

I'd still be hyper hyped for either though. Especially DoW.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,986Registered Users
    edited June 19
    Also, even as TWW2 the game, is very much the better game, delivered with better made races, race packs and lord packs I’m still more favourable towards the TWW1 releases and starting races.

TWW2 wins the better game by a country mile, but TWW1 still has the more enjoyable races even with the relative shoddyness of some of their implementations.

Dwarfs, Empire, Vampire Counts, Norsca and to an extent Wood Elfs and even Beastmen (all hail Malagor!) are all some of my favourite rosters and races to play with. Yet in TWW2 I’d only pick out High Elves and Tomb Kings to add to that list. Skaven, Lizardmen and Dark Elves are all solid yet not favourites and Vampire Coast, as mentioned is the only race I’m really never enjoying.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,241Registered Users

To be fair neither DoW or Araby were Major.

I'd still be hyper hyped for either though. Especially DoW.

This, race wise we have all the important races (plus Coast) in game. More would be good but aren't necessary. Whatever's coming next is probably mostly bridging the gap to either the game 3 announce or the release (if they have more than 3 LPs lined up), so it is hardly as if CA needs a fancy hook to keep us engaged when really game 3 will do that quite well and it isn't as if that is years off.

I imagine DoW will come in the next game (or might be a pre-order), they have a book and the "Southern Realms" designation suggests they won't be Empire clones forever, the same goes for Kislev.

Anyway, to me the issue with LPs is that, as has been said, they only add stuff to existing races, which wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have to wait 4-5 months until the next pack. Hopefully resources are freer now 3K is out and we will see faster output, I would much rather see 2-4 X-LPs with 1 every 3 months or so than a new race at this point, considering that 1 of the contenders is likely to be in game 3 and the other is very minor, better to complete what we have, especially the game 1 stuff imo.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,018Registered Users
    Dogbert gave his life for DoW. They really ought to be in, with him as a unique hero ala the Green Knight.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,132Registered Users
    After Norsca came out. I still mostly expected main booked races. TK of course lived up to that, but after the TK not many booked races were left. In the debates I always felt, after Norsca specifically, that the Vampire Coast, Araby, and Dogs of War could happen.

However, I was wrong about the order. I never thought they would do the Vampire Coast as a 4LL beast. I really figured they'd be a Norsca styled race pack preorder. And I also figured they were more likely to go DoW as a full army book. Course, since I often cite the Russia leak the DoW were obviously not in the original plans. Norsca kinda changed things in general though, but it didn't really move or changed booked or launch armies in my opinion. I just added to the list of things willing to add.

So they added the Vampire Coast, and I'm not disappointed that it was the Vampire Coast per say. As much as their implementation. They're overstuffed to sale, they outshoot the races known for their guns, they outdo multiple races on their mechanics. They empire build with solid economy and buildings better than others, and outhorde the horde races with their ship mechanics. And coves, and and and and and and and. Didn't care for two of their LL choices either. Giving Sartosa the known living pirate world to Arenessa the now Vampire Coast lord was kinda bitter. As well as making a OC when they had characters. And I don't give a damned if others were obscure, Noctilus is obscure and he's just fine. They had the existing things. They were there to use. And okay, fine, they made an original character, and would need to do so if they give ARaby 4 LL or even the Hobgolin Khanate if they add those. But she is uninspiring on motivation, sinking Ulthuan, and other things. I figure would be better if she wanted revenge on Bretonnia because they made her go. Something. Though her aesthetics? I really don't mind that. So yeah, I'm not entirely sated on what the Vampire Coast became. And I really only paid for 2 LL as I don't use Arenessa or Cylostra at all because they just make me groan on what they could have been. Some people like them, that's okay. But a hefty chunk, do not.

So even without more campaign packs I'm not altogether jaded on the Vampire Coast just cause. Araby or Vampire Coast are not that much more footnotes compared to each other. Araby is arguably more influential but still only so in tertiary lore. There were plenty of undead to flesh out the Vampire Coast as was said and ultimately proved true. If the Vampire Coast were better done, with economy based around coves and raiding rather than buildings. With a coastal push rather than full empires. I'd likely enjoy them immensely more. But I don't really see them fixing that. Not at all.

So a few things, I'm hopeful the DoW come, but I'm incredibly wary it could be never.

Amazons, and Albion never really had a chance.

Kislev is not on the map. And like every other minor faction wasn't even planned till after they changed their plans and added Norsca. So they didn't even start thinking of Kislev as potential till after Norsca. They were never going to be in game 2. They might get in game 3, and yes, that's still a maybe.

And so that really only leaves Tomb Kings, Araby, DoW, or Vampire Coast that were really likely in game 2. They bumped Skaven to a launch race and TK fit in the Russian datamine. Vampire Coast got the now vacate DLC slot. There wasn't going to be some greater number of new races I don't believe. And if they make the preorder like Norsca, and I really think they will, we'll still get another race. So yeah, it really only boiled down to likely a couple extra minor factions or the Dogs of War for game 2. Because I don't think they will dip to obscure like the Amazons or Albion and the map.

If they are going to have a preorder race done in the vein of Norsca, someone had to be saved for that. Araby and Vampire Coast are really the only two real candidates that existed at the start for that.

Only reason I think were still getting at least two more DLCs is because of the gap between now and Warhammer 3, since they were working on 3k and it had the slot of ahead of Warhammer 3. And those I think are quite possibly just going to finish out the existing races if they don't do cross. I think it's more likely they will just finish them out.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,535Registered Users
    My reaction?

As optimist I always respond 'it can' to those who say 'it can't get worse'.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 913Registered Users

Not thrilled with the decision though still have some level of hope that the game 3 pre-order will be playable in game 2 like Norsca was, but it could end up being a game 3 only race or not a race at all and something entirely new.

We know there are at least 2 more lords packs coming and some form of pre-order bonus.

When game 2 started I thought Tomb Kings, Araby, and Vampire Coast were shoe ins. I got 2 of them right and maybe Araby will be the pre-order bonus, who knows.

I'm not angry about it. Just disappointed and kind of bored. I want CA to release a lot of content and they seem to be content with releasing less than I think would sell well. That's their decision and not much I can do about it. Certainly not going to spend much time dwelling on what I can't change. Best we can hope for is game 3 has a long period of support that involves releasing content specifically for the combined campaign, but I just don't expect it anymore. I think CA's content is great. They just don't release enough of it or patch frequently enough.

I am not angry mostly annoyed thought, like i am getting bored. race packs to me hold my interest longer.

My reaction?

As optimist I always respond 'it can' to those who say 'it can't get worse'.

hahahaa
    eomat said:

I’m really sad as I was hoping for Dogs of War and my Elflord on his Dragon. The one and only...

I want Asarnil and Deathfang in the game so bad.

There’s still hope they at least will be added in Game 3. I’d love too as an Empire player to see the Southern Realm and Kislev to stop being an Empire clone. It’s no fun confederating and marching far from your lands only to come across their same armies.

I just made a discussion(they take me like a week) about them i was thinking about Asranil i i think he could be a lord Choice.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/245934/fans-southern-realms-army-list-mercenaries-dogs-of-wars-mechanics-faction-aligment#latest
    Sephlock said:

Dogbert gave his life for DoW. They really ought to be in, with him as a unique hero ala the Green Knight.

What happened to him???Dogbert i mean?
    Nyxilis said:

After Norsca came out. I still mostly expected main booked races. TK of course lived up to that, but after the TK not many booked races were left. In the debates I always felt, after Norsca specifically, that the Vampire Coast, Araby, and Dogs of War could happen.

However, I was wrong about the order. I never thought they would do the Vampire Coast as a 4LL beast. I really figured they'd be a Norsca styled race pack preorder. And I also figured they were more likely to go DoW as a full army book. Course, since I often cite the Russia leak the DoW were obviously not in the original plans. Norsca kinda changed things in general though, but it didn't really move or changed booked or launch armies in my opinion. I just added to the list of things willing to add.

So they added the Vampire Coast, and I'm not disappointed that it was the Vampire Coast per say. As much as their implementation. They're overstuffed to sale, they outshoot the races known for their guns, they outdo multiple races on their mechanics. They empire build with solid economy and buildings better than others, and outhorde the horde races with their ship mechanics. And coves, and and and and and and and. Didn't care for two of their LL choices either. Giving Sartosa the known living pirate world to Arenessa the now Vampire Coast lord was kinda bitter. As well as making a OC when they had characters. And I don't give a damned if others were obscure, Noctilus is obscure and he's just fine. They had the existing things. They were there to use. And okay, fine, they made an original character, and would need to do so if they give ARaby 4 LL or even the Hobgolin Khanate if they add those. But she is uninspiring on motivation, sinking Ulthuan, and other things. I figure would be better if she wanted revenge on Bretonnia because they made her go. Something. Though her aesthetics? I really don't mind that. So yeah, I'm not entirely sated on what the Vampire Coast became. And I really only paid for 2 LL as I don't use Arenessa or Cylostra at all because they just make me groan on what they could have been. Some people like them, that's okay. But a hefty chunk, do not.

So even without more campaign packs I'm not altogether jaded on the Vampire Coast just cause. Araby or Vampire Coast are not that much more footnotes compared to each other. Araby is arguably more influential but still only so in tertiary lore. There were plenty of undead to flesh out the Vampire Coast as was said and ultimately proved true. If the Vampire Coast were better done, with economy based around coves and raiding rather than buildings. With a coastal push rather than full empires. I'd likely enjoy them immensely more. But I don't really see them fixing that. Not at all.

So a few things, I'm hopeful the DoW come, but I'm incredibly wary it could be never.

Kislev is not on the map. And like every other minor faction wasn't even planned till after they changed their plans and added Norsca. So they didn't even start thinking of Kislev as potential till after Norsca. They were never going to be in game 2. They might get in game 3, and yes, that's still a maybe.

And so that really only leaves Tomb Kings, Araby, DoW, or Vampire Coast that were really likely in game 2. They bumped Skaven to a launch race and TK fit in the Russian datamine. Vampire Coast got the now vacate DLC slot. There wasn't going to be some greater number of new races I don't believe. And if they make the preorder like Norsca, and I really think they will, we'll still get another race. So yeah, it really only boiled down to likely a couple extra minor factions or the Dogs of War for game 2. Because I don't think they will dip to obscure like the Amazons or Albion and the map.

If they are going to have a preorder race done in the vein of Norsca, someone had to be saved for that. Araby and Vampire Coast are really the only two real candidates that existed at the start for that.

Only reason I think were still getting at least two more DLCs is because of the gap between now and Warhammer 3, since they were working on 3k and it had the slot of ahead of Warhammer 3. And those I think are quite possibly just going to finish out the existing races if they don't do cross. I think it's more likely they will just finish them out.

Thank you Nyxilis for the post you always come and participate i am thank full for that.

I must say i agree whit you 95% i think Araby it still very important to the Warhammer world economy since they trade whit Tilea and cathay,Ind Etc.

I agree whit everything else i dint think V.Coast would come but if they came i also expected like a 2 LLs pack, and i agree whit Sartosa such a chance lost, and the unique character i agree her motives don't make sense.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,018Registered Users

Sephlock said:

Dogbert let slip the Dogs of War, and Grace took him out back to a beautiful farm where he could live happily forevermore.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,459Registered Users

Nyxilis said:

Thank you Nyxilis for the post you always come and participate i am thank full for that.

I must say i agree whit you 95% i think Araby it still very important to the Warhammer world economy since they trade whit Tilea and cathay,Ind Etc.

I agree whit everything else i dint think V.Coast would come but if they came i also expected like a 2 LLs pack, and i agree whit Sartosa such a chance lost, and the unique character i agree her motives don't make sense.
    You know I think Cylostra would have been better if she had a more ego driven motivation. Sinking Ulthuan is just bland revenge. Perhaps she has spent years being the oceanic boogeyman to the High Elves and she is **** they stop hunting her to focus on the the Vortex for even 5 minutes. So she is going to use Amanar to force the High Elves to pay attention to her.

Or her ego made it so your campaign goal was to try to use Amanar to usurp Stromfels himself because she can't stand not being the center of attention.

I like the idea of a Syreen LL being an opera singer diva who is driven by ego, but they floundered on the actual plot.

Given that I would like to see at least one more OC. Can't make any major conclusions on CA's ability from a single attempt.
    Sephlock said:

Sephlock said:

Dogbert let slip the Dogs of War, and Grace took him out back to a beautiful farm where he could live happily forevermore.
    aahahha Grace is brutal isn't she.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Posts: 264Registered Users
    eomat said:

I’m really sad as I was hoping for Dogs of War and my Elflord on his Dragon.

Well I have some great news for you... DoW made the Game!!!!

The Sartosan faction in the Vampire Coast expansion are a full blown DoW faction - two race packs in one; great right?!?

Yes, I damn well would!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    I don't mind so much as long as game three gets a wide range of race packs, it does feel that this is a way off taking more focus off the Warhammer titles tho, I'm just hoping the LPs are cross game ones and I'll be happy

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,241Registered Users
    Timpeyo said:

I don't mind so much as long as game three gets a wide range of race packs, it does feel that this is a way off taking more focus off the Warhammer titles tho, I'm just hoping the LPs are cross game ones and I'll be happy

Doubt it is a way of taking off attention, there is still another game coming and they wouldn't want to risk damaging a major title that is still in development.
  • WarfieldWarfield Posts: 189Registered Users
    As much as I'd like CA to focus on TWW1 old world factions (Dwarfs!), I think TWW2 should have had another two race packs to create parity with TWW1. I think Araby should have been one of those race packs for sure, with possibly Amazons as a second (note I think Halflings should be a set of units attached to an Empire faction).

Araby had enough content to be a free race pack with lower expectations than the others (something similar to Bretonnia or Chaos when TWW1 first came out). Seems like a lost opportunity to please the fan base and create a race that would be a great fit with the others.

/sigh

Warfield Undermountain
    Dwarf Lord of Mount Glander
    Stone and Steel Regiment

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,865Registered Users
    No more race packs is a disgrace
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    It's a shame is what it is. Araby and Southern Realms... I really liked those concepts. Instead we have Vampire Coast.

To me, Vampire Coast is just a pile of grey stuff with the occasional crab in it. Added to the fact that nearly every little grey blob carries a firearm. Yuh, if firearms were truly so prevalent and effective in this setting, not to mention water and age-resistant, I think we would see more of them in the hands of other races. Then there's the drab, barnacle-encrusted lords and heroes (not the LLs, who at least have a bit of personality). How could immortal vampires sink to such depths? Ooh, a pun!

Anyway... Stay on target. Yeah, no more race packs is sad, but the slow pace of things has probably shown how unrealistic my hopes were.

To me, Vampire Coast is just a pile of grey stuff with the occasional crab in it. .

I feel like I've seen this same description of me somewhere.

Later
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,464Registered Users
    I'm perfectly happy with the Vamp Coast, I'm also perfectly unhappy about DoW and Araby.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.