Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What for should Ariel be in game?

lucibuislucibuis Posts: 2,495Registered Users
Moth form or fairy form? Or both?

Comments

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,530Registered Users
    Nonexistance form.

But seriously they'll go for her model so she'll be running about like every other character with wings.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• lucibuislucibuis Posts: 2,495Registered Users
    She should be able to transform in a giant moth tbh, becoming kind of like a dragon
    lucibuis said:

She should be able to transform in a giant moth tbh, becoming kind of like a dragon

If we can't have character models change based on what items they have and Hellebron aging per her mechanic then there will be no transforming. So Ariel will only appear as her model which isn't this Moth thing.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

lucibuis said:

If we can't have character models change based on what items they have and Hellebron aging per her mechanic then there will be no transforming. So Ariel will only appear as her model which isn't this Moth thing.
    It can just be an ability, click and her model is replaced by a giant moth, it would also help the horrible state of wood elves Air Force
    Or you can decide her form on the strategic map before battle
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,434Registered Users
    Ah Luci back! Missed the WELFS posting!

Ariel should be in THOT form. Big ol Fantasy dirty pillows like Heavy Metal art.
    edited June 20
    lucibuis said:

lucibuis said:

It can just be an ability, click and her model is replaced by a giant moth, it would also help the horrible state of wood elves Air Force
    If they won't even make an ability for flying and landing for all flying units and the lords who should fly but don't then that also won't happen.

Edit: I should note that "It can just be an ability, click and her model is replaced by a giant moth" is how the spell transformation of kadon is in TT but that spell does not work like that at all ingame as the mage does not turn into a monster but instead summons one and is separate from the summoned creature.

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,225Registered Users
    lucibuis said:

lucibuis said:

The thing is, that ability is pretty similar to others which were adapted in other ways besides replacing the model. Things like the Transformation of Kadon, Dreaded Thirteenth Spell, and Morghur's "Spirit Essence of Chaos" were all just turned into summons instead of actually replacing the models themselves. It's doubtful then that Ariel would get that ability while all the others weren't translated like that.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,509Registered Users
    2in1

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,629Registered Users
    She she be a giant rhino beetle
  • tyrannustyrannus Posts: 936Registered Users
    A follower of course.

Believe in humanity!
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Posts: 264Registered Users
    Birds Eye Potato Waffle form

Yes, I damn well would!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,076Registered Users
    edited June 20
    Fairy but with moth wings and she would much bigger that a human, Orion size

• SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 839Registered Users
    lucibuis said:

Why moth? Was there a lore background that I missed?
    As far as I know she has nothing to do with moths.

lucibuis said:

Because she is Feral Ariel the truest of Chaos spawns able to hide deep within the forces of Order.

• ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,559Registered Users
    In 4th edition Ariel had two forms a sylph form and normal elf. She never turned into a moth that I know of.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,804Registered Users
    If she's a Moth can I use bug spray on her?
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,434Registered Users

Will need to ask Alarielle for that since she has the anti-chaos bug spray. And this Moth Ariel is clearly the work of Chaos lucibuis is trying to unleash the Feral Ariel.

lucibuis said:

imagine this the size of a dragon :o
    she should look like a Luna moth

with this and fairy dragons the wood elves air force would be so amazing :o
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,559Registered Users
    That was her sylph form, she didn't become a moth only had the wings and antinae and she never became the size of a dragon.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,236Registered Users
    lucibuis said:

lucibuis said:

That's just her but large (maybe Orion sized), I don't understand how that qualifies as evidence of a "moth form" the size of a dragon. The creatures she's attacking seem to be goblins, which aren't particularly large and might be giving a false sense of size.

Unless there is a relevent lore/armybook entry that attributes that ability to her?
    "When enemies enter the Forest of Loren*, Ariel shifts shape into her sylph-like war aspect. She grows almost twice the height of an ordinary Elf and unfolds huge wings like those of a gigantic moth, covered in tiny scales of shimmering iridescent colours. Upon her wings strange markings known as the Eyes of Isha and the Spirals of Isha can be seen. Sometimes Ariel's wings display the markings of the death's-head moth indicating that she is enraged and in a vengeful mood.

Moth-like antennae emerge from Ariel's head, but her face remains that of a beautiful she-Elf with piercing eyes. The upper part of her body is clad in shimmering scales of incandescent green while the lower part trails away into infinity like an ethereal or elemental being. She appears to glow with an inner light like the moon and trails raw magic in a shower of glittering stardust. In this form Ariel can fly around the battlefield wielding her magic. The waft of her huge wings over the heads of the enemy fills them with dread and awe." - Wood Elf Army book, 4th edition, page 71-72.

*Athel Loren
    Tacitus Quotes:

• Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 461Registered Users
    Ol_Nessie said:

lucibuis said:

lucibuis said:

The thing is, that ability is pretty similar to others which were adapted in other ways besides replacing the model. Things like the Transformation of Kadon, Dreaded Thirteenth Spell, and Morghur's "Spirit Essence of Chaos" were all just turned into summons instead of actually replacing the models themselves. It's doubtful then that Ariel would get that ability while all the others weren't translated like that.
    Which was a mistake. Transformation of Kadon should have been a spell giving you the option to transform into different monsters, with the roster of choices growing as more monsters were added to the game.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Posts: 2,323Registered Users
    edited June 21
    I am totally fine with a fay enchantress kind of ring to it.

Yes, the moth would be incredible , but realistic ? Neehhh, C.A. is not going to make just 1 character that special to have to make new things not yet in game like flying with the wings on a foot lord.

BUT that does NOT mean she would be HORRIBLE EPICLY STUNNINGLY EPIC. She is now my No 1 lord (lady) to be added in. I would absolutely love her, I for one LOVE powerful womans with style, I assume that is the gay within me, always appreciating power womans ! Hell, I even get destroyed everyweek by 1, sounds wrong, but its just personal training in the gym haha ! don't get any idea now fellows !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,515Registered Users
    hmmm the most fearsome of predators. On mass they have been known to bring down a large horse.

Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,236Registered Users
    Erminaz said:

"When enemies enter the Forest of Loren*, Ariel shifts shape into her sylph-like war aspect. She grows almost twice the height of an ordinary Elf and unfolds huge wings like those of a gigantic moth, covered in tiny scales of shimmering iridescent colours. Upon her wings strange markings known as the Eyes of Isha and the Spirals of Isha can be seen. Sometimes Ariel's wings display the markings of the death's-head moth indicating that she is enraged and in a vengeful mood.

Moth-like antennae emerge from Ariel's head, but her face remains that of a beautiful she-Elf with piercing eyes. The upper part of her body is clad in shimmering scales of incandescent green while the lower part trails away into infinity like an ethereal or elemental being. She appears to glow with an inner light like the moon and trails raw magic in a shower of glittering stardust. In this form Ariel can fly around the battlefield wielding her magic. The waft of her huge wings over the heads of the enemy fills them with dread and awe." - Wood Elf Army book, 4th edition, page 71-72.

*Athel Loren

Ah thanks, so Orion sized then, definitely not the size of a dragon :lol:
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Posts: 1,324Registered Users
    She should look like this, as in armybook.