Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How to report player?

kiruxa2811kiruxa2811 Posts: 55Registered Users
So for a past couple days i've encountered many players without any principles. Racism in its brightest manifestation and many insults. So is there an option to report players of such kind? I already did it through steam but i don't think it's in their competency. If something i've several screenshots as a proof.

Comments

• ReymReym Posts: 489Registered Users

So for a past couple days i've encountered many players without any principles. Racism in its brightest manifestation and many insults. So is there an option to report players of such kind? I already did it through steam but i don't think it's in their competency. If something i've several screenshots as a proof.

I think steam does punish bad behaviour actually. So maybe send them the screenshots as a proof if their system allow for it.

When it comes to the game itself there is no report system.
    But is talking about what is appropriate to talk about in this thread appropriate to be talked about in this thread ?
  • kiruxa2811kiruxa2811 Posts: 55Registered Users
    I don't think it's in steam competency as i said above, since i couldn't even find a paragraph for this case.
  • kiruxa2811kiruxa2811 Posts: 55Registered Users
    Steam can only punish them with the VAC ban, i'm 100% sure they won't do that just for insults and racism. If there's no option in game to do that, i suggest adding it in the game 3.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 731Registered Users
    Just take note of a player name and never play them again.

I keep a list of players who draw kite or abuse the game in some other way and never play them. The list already includes about 15 people
  • rymeintrinsecarymeintrinseca Posts: 601Registered Users
    edited June 20
    Even if steam GAF how can you actually prove who the player is? I thought you could only see steam player name, not account name, in game.
    I find OP a bit surprising.

I have played literally over 1000 QB and have only had 1 incident of someone being abusive in chat.

This player was draw kiting me and just being a ****.

But I just took down the name of the player and never played him again.

I really don't understand who or when you are playing to get abuse.

I am not sure if this is your first time playing online, but typically just ignoring rude comments is the best way to go about it.
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 5,272Registered Users
    edited June 20
    best suggestion would be to grow a thick skin or give up on playing online multiplayer games. Besides like Wojmir says, these occurrences are rare, people however need to make a super big deal out of them instead of letting go out of a stupid sense of internet hero justice.

Go join the police or something bro if you hate crime and misbehavior.
    Green0 said:

best suggestion would be to grow a thick skin or give up on playing online multiplayer games. Besides like Wojmir says, these occurrences are rare, people however need to make a super big deal out of them instead of letting go out of a stupid sense of internet hero justice.

Go join the police or something bro if you hate crime and misbehavior.

Green0 I don't often agree with you but this time 100%.

I wanted to say grow a thicker skin but did not want to sound rude myself. But that is the truth.

If you want to see real abuse go play Unturned with 10 year old from US and Russia, see what happens :)
  • ParmigianoParmigiano Posts: 750Registered Users
    It's not about thick skin, it's about consequence for them.
    I guess it all depends on how you view free speech and all that.

I think it's a slippery slope.

To be fair, CA would have to have clear rules about which speech is cause for consequence and which is not and then everyone would know, even if we disagreed with the rules.

We can all agree on basic terms that should not have consequences, and those on the other extreme that should. But then there is those in the middle, which are not so obvious and which are super subjective.

I mean, if you call someone a "poor player", is that cause enough for consequences?

what about if you call them a "crappy player"?

"dumb"?

What about if you offend their ethnicity? Will it depend on the ethnicity? Does it depend on the ethnicity of the person throwing the insult? What about sexual orientation?

Where I am from, it is quite OK to attack Russians, because you know, those evil "Russkies". It is also OK to make fun of people with certain hair types, like insinuating that Caucasian women with a very light hair colour are stupid.

It's also OK now-a-days to target people from China, because you know, China is not a nice country.

That is why the best solution is to just not play those people and ignore them totally.

If they are a**holes or racists or bigots, then just shun them and let them just wallow away in their ignorance and hatred.

edited June 21

I guess it all depends on how you view free speech and all that.

I think it's a slippery slope.

To be fair, CA would have to have clear rules about which speech is cause for consequence and which is not and then everyone would know, even if we disagreed with the rules.

We can all agree on basic terms that should not have consequences, and those on the other extreme that should. But then there is those in the middle, which are not so obvious and which are super subjective.

I mean, if you call someone a "poor player", is that cause enough for consequences?

what about if you call them a "crappy player"?

"dumb"?

What about if you offend their ethnicity? Will it depend on the ethnicity? Does it depend on the ethnicity of the person throwing the insult? What about sexual orientation?

Where I am from, it is quite OK to attack Russians, because you know, those evil "Russkies". It is also OK to make fun of people with certain hair types, like insinuating that Caucasian women with a very light hair colour are stupid.

It's also OK now-a-days to target people from China, because you know, China is not a nice country.

That is why the best solution is to just not play those people and ignore them totally.

If they are a**holes or racists or bigots, then just shun them and let them just wallow away in their ignorance and hatred.

better not to go down this rabbit hole really, Overwatch started with their "no toxicity" policy and in that game you can get reported (and banned!) for saying "gg ez" or "sit", "get rekt", if you do it often enough. All of these are within the common idea of gamer banter and nobody in his right mind would get offended by any of it. The amount of hypocrisy in that game and the speech censorship are honestly off the charts, if you are someone who types often and types anything besides ":)", then you likely get banned sooner or later.

I think let people behave like they want. They can always mute chat, not check it or... well deal with the fact that not everyone is nice just like IRL.
    Green0 I agree with you, maybe I did not get my point across.

I am big 1st amendment fan :)

I know, sorry I was maybe being overly zealous on a matter where there's little to discuss haha
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,771Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Thread closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.