Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why are there even community managers on these forums ?

13»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,429Registered Users
    KronusX said:

Reddit drama should stay on Reddit. This whole mess is embarrassing and further proves the point how there is absolutely no meaningful discussion to be had there.

It's all just so overblown. "Someone said this!" "What!? Get the pitchforks!". It really reeks of drama for drama's sake. That's fine, but there's no need to drag the drama from there to here. It just becomes people waving their flag.
    It is overblown but unfortunately it is overblown by CA's own CM. Look I work in customer service and I can say 100% that the current CM is unfit to lead the community if this is all it takes to ruffle her feathers. The communication on WH's side was lacking to say the least and on 3K side there is overblown silly stuff. Perhaps CA should find someone with a backbone and that actually engages with all of its communities.
    This is exactly what I don't want here. I don't want Reddit drama dragged over here, it should stay in Reddit.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users

This is exactly what I don't want here. I don't want Reddit drama dragged over here, it should stay in Reddit.

I remember some shitstorms over here too, like mmm, vampirates characters ?
    Though there is not the kind of immense threads reddit style, more like a hundred threads launched at the same time when it happens.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,071Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Side conversation removed. Please discuss the arguements put forward, not the people making them.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,278Registered Users
    edited June 20

Small update on the communication. Apparently CA embrace double standards approach to memes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/burmh1/looking_at_the_3k_waifu_threads_and_i_want_to_set/

It's all fun and games until bikini mod pops out, then its creepy, ɛks, waɪ and zɛd.

Also I'm looking for confirmation. On steam's forum someone mentioned that there was twitter TW poll about most handsome Warhammer character in the past. Is it true? Link would be welcome.

Yeah, you'd have a point if the graphics were modified and showed a 'bulge'.

Spirit of the action remains the same, maybe it is even worse considering said thread was started by CA.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,135Registered Users

Small update on the communication. Apparently CA embrace double standards approach to memes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/burmh1/looking_at_the_3k_waifu_threads_and_i_want_to_set/

It's all fun and games until bikini mod pops out, then its creepy, ɛks, waɪ and zɛd.

Also I'm looking for confirmation. On steam's forum someone mentioned that there was twitter TW poll about most handsome Warhammer character in the past. Is it true? Link would be welcome.

Spirit of the action remains the same, maybe it is even worse considering said thread was started by CA.
    No, not at all, unless there's evidence of Grace laughing a long about male characters being modified in a similar way you have nothing.

If Grace doesn't like it or finds it unpalatable it's her decision to react how she wants. In the same way it's up to anyone on here to get 'offended' about comments.

No, not at all, unless there's evidence of Grace laughing a long about male characters being modified in a similar way you have nothing.

If Grace doesn't like it or finds it unpalatable it's her decision to react how she wants. In the same way it's up to anyone on here to get 'offended' about comments.
    Yes. Both threads are examples of objectification*. One was made by CA and the other by the community.

On a personal account, yes. What I can't tolerate, not to mention accept are thinly veiled ultimatums. CM's unprofessional behaviour and hypocrisy are just icing on the cake.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/c2f4e3/where_is_the_halfnaked_sun_ren_here_is_the/erjsb5b/

I'm just saying that these images personally make me uncomfortable so I'm going to take a break from here. Any other community-run platform sharing similar images would also have our official presence reduced.

*both were harmless memes and neither of them was a targeted abuse but for the sake of argument I will speak the silly speak.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,338Registered Users
    Considering the dress of Morathi, an incestuous, sex obsessed, insane serial killer, I can't really take this dust up seriously in any way. It just comes across as pathetic.

Is bikini armor equally pathetic? Sure, but them Asians loves themselves some utterly impractical boob armor, particularly when combined with utterly impractical boobs. Considering the subject, this was 100% guaranteed to become a staple of the Asian modding scene, just as characters with gigantic cow udders larger than their bodies wearing little more than pasties for armor is a thing in TES.

You can look forwards to a plethora of extremely kinky and absurd artwork attached to the female characters. You can also look forwards to all the characters being female. That's just how they roll. There's even a waifu mod for Shogun 2, and it didn't have an emphasis on characters to work with.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Folks, while there is some extra latitude given for topic discussion in the Off Topic sub-forums, the looser interpretations do not include allowing disparaging remarks about cultural differences, and direct personal attacks on the membership, or Staff members.

Think and read before you post.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,429Registered Users
    edited June 21
    uriak said:

I remember some storms over here too, like mmm, vampirates characters ?
    Though there is not the kind of immense threads reddit style, more like a hundred threads launched at the same time when it happens.
    I'm all in for those. Forum generated hullabaloo is totally fair game.

It's like Coriander. I've no problem with it (Reddit) existing and people enjoying it but keep it out of my dish (the forum).
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    edited June 21

Yes. Both threads are examples of objectification*. One was made by CA and the other by the community.

On a personal account, yes. What I can't tolerate, not to mention accept are thinly veiled ultimatums. CM's unprofessional behaviour and hypocrisy are just icing on the cake.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/c2f4e3/where_is_the_halfnaked_sun_ren_here_is_the/erjsb5b/

I'm just saying that these images personally make me uncomfortable so I'm going to take a break from here. Any other community-run platform sharing similar images would also have our official presence reduced.

*both were harmless memes and neither of them was a targeted abuse but for the sake of argument I will speak the silly speak.
    Both threads are vastly different. One concerns Grace joking around about a character being 'husband material' and may have said the art work could be considered 'attractive' as a whole. The character is designed in a specific way by CA. The other option is taking all the female characters and overly sexualising them, as if to say despite their back story, female characters need to be sexualised to improve them.

If Grace would rather come off for a couple of days until it's died down a little, up to her. Your idea of 'professional' is simply wrong, she was polite and made her feelings clear.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Both threads are vastly different. One concerns Grace joking around about a character being 'husband material' and may have said the art work could be considered 'attractive' as a whole. The character is designed in a specific way by CA. The other option is taking all the female characters and overly sexualising them, as if to say despite their back story, female characters need to be sexualised to improve them.

If Grace would rather come off for a couple of days until it's died down a little, up to her. Your idea of 'professional' is simply wrong, she was polite and made her feelings clear.

Both threads are clear case of objectification. The other one too is a joke which is clear by how worded the title is. It doesn't matter who or how designed a character. There is nothing wrong with changing(improving) attire and appearance of said characters. It has nothing to do with character's story but looks. Not to mention It is a common practice on Asian market, place CA direly wanted to enter.

Thinly veiled ultimatums are unacceptable. If a CM finds character in underwear to be hostile work environment then I doubt their competences and find them unfit for the work. Absolutely unprofessional.

edited June 21

Both threads are clear case of objectification. The other one too is a joke which is clear by how worded the title is. It doesn't matter who or how designed a character. There is nothing wrong with changing(improving) attire and appearance of said characters. It has nothing to do with character's story but looks. Not to mention It is a common practice on Asian market, place CA direly wanted to enter.

Thinly veiled ultimatums are unacceptable. If a CM finds character in underwear to be hostile work environment then I doubt their competences and find them unfit for the work. Absolutely unprofessional.
    No they're not. Would you state you'd like to marry an 'object'? A person can say they're attracted to a person or a representation of a person without objectifying them. However, if you change a specific group/sub-group and emphasise carnal pursuits (because they happen to be female) and don't consider the other complexities that make them up then you are objectifying them. This is basic.

It's not a threat, if she doesn't like something personally or CA don't like the intention/context of those changes then they're not obliged to stay connected to it. The problem with these type of 'new age', I'm offended about people being offended is they either miss out or simply don't understand context.

No they're not. Would you state you'd like to marry an 'object'? A person can say they're attracted to a person or a representation of a person without objectifying them. However, if you change a specific group/sub-group and emphasise carnal pursuits (because they happen to be female) and don't consider the other complexities that make them up then you are objectifying them. This is basic.

It's not a threat, if she doesn't like something personally or CA don't like the intention/context of those changes then they're not obliged to stay connected to it. The problem with these type of 'new age', I'm offended about people being offended is they either miss out or simply don't understand context.

Yes they are. Yes if we consider slaves to be objects as Romans did. Said threat focused on looks only, there was no mention of 'other complexities', just handsome men on posters reduced to objects of lust by CA themselves. This is SJW at its purest.

That being said, looks alone provide complexities. Choice of lipstick, shoes, clothes, strokes of makeup, gesticulation and facial expressions speak about person. Objectification in this context is a newspeak nonsense.

It is a threat. If CA don't like fan modified characters in underwear after opening to Asian market then maybe reality check is due.

edited June 21

Yes they are. Yes if we consider slaves to be objects as Romans did. Said threat focused on looks only, there was no mention of 'other complexities', just handsome men on posters reduced to objects of lust by CA themselves. This is SJW at its purest.

That being said, looks alone provide complexities. Choice of lipstick, shoes, clothes, strokes of makeup, gesticulation and facial expressions speak about person. Objectification in this context is a newspeak nonsense.

It is a threat. If CA don't like fan modified characters in underwear after opening to Asian market then maybe reality check is due.
    Yep and did Grace change the 'picture' to oversexualise 'him'? Does she consider all men as 'sexual objects' by sexualising all of them? Could she have been doing a parody/making fun of the idea of 'Waifu' (after all, waifu deals with women only)?

Do you really see that as a threat? A company avoiding attaching themselves to oversexualised images of their content?

edited June 21

Yep and did Grace change the 'picture' to oversexualise 'him'? Does she consider all men as 'sexual objects' by sexualising all of them? Could she have been doing a parody/making fun of the idea of 'Waifu' (after all, waifu deals with women only)?

Do you really see that as a threat? A company avoiding attaching themselves to oversexualised images of their content?

There is no need for any art change for objectification to happen.Total 9 CA employees participated in the in that thread without care for 'complexities' , just raw looks made object. It doesn't matter but I would still suggest to apply the same questions to Sun Ren post, maybe that mod was a beach fashion redesign. It's not uncommon to humoristically call male characters 'waifu' too. Such norm already exists. There are dozens upon dozens of risque depictions of Romance characters. It being extended to CA's 3K is given.

Yes, it's a clear case of ultimatum. And the same company releases Dark Elves and plans to release Slaanesh one day. Precious indeed. It doesn't matter whether source material is in bikini or not. Modifications serve as alterations, they tell their own stories.

Everything is in the open.

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,071Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited June 21
    It seems the original topic of the thread has run its course and all that's left is some personal discussion that would be better conducted via PM, so thread closed.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
This discussion has been closed.