Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Characters which should not be left out from the trilogy: Ariel the Queen of Athel Loren

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,207
""All the branches you break, the leaves and vines you tread on, will rise up in anger and punish you for your insolence.""

—Ariel, Queen in the Woods

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,315
    Lol she's literally Mothra when she's angry.

Oh and yeah she shouldn't be left out of the trilogy. But under one condition, she starts with Orion.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    edited June 2019
    (Pulls mask of Bies) It was old man Lucibuis all along!

Ruh Roh Shaggy!
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,143
    The one true Feral Ariel with her Chaos Corruption due to being corrupted by fairy dragon.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,394
    Absolutely yes!

Also, @lucibuis

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,207
    Talmorean said:

(Pulls mask of Bies) It was old man Lucibuis all along!

Ruh Roh Shaggy!

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,423
    As long as she looks like she does in the first image I'll be happy. Those other depictions a re kinda gross.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,316
    Ariel? Yes! But in her bipolar form of Sisters of Twilight.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I still say the model version looks like Miranda Hart.

But yes, she ought to be in-game. CA wants more ladies, the Wood Elves need more LL's, and this is one addition the lorebores couldn't complain of.

Plus I feel Lucibuis deserves it for his persistence alone.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • TeachMeHowSenpaiTeachMeHowSenpai Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 313
    I really hope we will see her in the future. Wood Elves need another LL, aaand it could fit well into a update for the Wood Elves, though they haven't added any extra LLs to any other OW races so far so is skeptical.
    My Campaigns
    Older Games (Shogun 2, Rome II, Attila)
    Shogun 2: Campaigns Completed
    Takeda Clan
    Hattori Clan - Normal

Rome II: Campaigns Completed
    Epirus - Normal
    Selucid - Normal/Very Hard
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary
    (WoS)Boiotian League - Very Hard

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Attila: Campaigns Completed
    The Geats - Normal (Minor)
    The Tanukhids - Normal (Minor)
    (AoC)Kingdom of the Lombards - Hard (Short)
    (AoC)Westphelia - Hard (Short)
    Ebdanians - Hard(-) (Minor)
    Warhammer I
    Warhammer I: Campaigns Completed
    Greenskins - Normal (Long)
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Vampire Counts - Hard (Short), Very Hard (Short)
    Crooked Moon - Normal (Long)
    The Bloody Handz - Very Hard (Short)
    Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    (EfaE)Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    Warriors of Chaos - Very Hard (Short)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    (SotR)Argwylon - Very Hard
    Clan Angrund - Very Hard (Short)
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Wintertooth - Hard (The Crow)
    Warhammer II:
    Vortex Campaigs Completed:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Followers of Nagash - Very Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    The Dreadfleet - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard
    Clan Eshin - Very Hard
    Yvresse - Very Hard
    Khemri - Very Hard
    Last Defenders - Very Hard
    Huntsmarshal's Expedition - Very Hard
    Slaughterhorn Tribe - Very Hard
    Order of Loremasters - Very Hard
    Exiles of Nehek - Very Hard
    Vampire Coast - Very Hard

Mortal Empires Campaigns Completed:
    Court of Lybaras - Very Hard (Long)
    Beastmen (Malagor) - Very Hard (Short)
    Nagarythe - Very Hard (Long)

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard
    Yuan Shu (Zhong) - Hard (Coop w/ Yuan Shao)

Eight Princes:
    Sima Jiong - Hard (Regent)
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    Destin said:

I really hope we will see her in the future. Wood Elves need another LL, aaand it could fit well into a update for the Wood Elves, though they haven't added any extra LLs to any other OW races so far so is skeptical.

More notable they haven't added any new models or skeletons with these updates. Ariel would have to be an all new model and the Sisters of Twilight would need some sort of weird matched-animations combined model akin to Skarsnik and Gobbla. Both could be done, it doesn't seem like there's much in the way of technical problems, it's just cost.

New models, wireframe skeletons, and animations are where the money is and so far it's pretty clear these updates have a shoestring budget because they haven't implemented any such thing.
  • steam_1637603070416ZGR8gHsteam_1637603070416ZGR8gH Registered Users Posts: 307
    Yeah sure, but how? Another map-munch'en Lord like all the rest? I don't think so. To be true to her lore she should be limited, restricted to the forest, and have only a limited role, defender of the forest. She should be playable only as a secondary Lord to Orion, and perhaps other WE Lords, but only when an alien race enters the forest.

On the face of it, it may seem unfair for the Orion player to get an extra Lord to start but Ariel will be complicated. She wont help with rebellions as such things are beneath her. And she will attack any foreign army who enters the forest, whether they have Orion's or anyone else's permission to enter. So she'll screw-up your diplomacy if you're not careful. And if you want her to really help-out with those nasty Beastmen invasions and such you'll have to provide her with an army.
    Thirdeye said:

Yeah sure, but how? Another map-munch'en Lord like all the rest? I don't think so. To be true to her lore she should be limited, restricted to the forest, and have only a limited role, defender of the forest. She should be playable only as a secondary Lord to Orion, and perhaps other WE Lords, but only when an alien race enters the forest.

On the face of it, it may seem unfair for the Orion player to get an extra Lord to start but Ariel will be complicated. She wont help with rebellions as such things are beneath her. And she will attack any foreign army who enters the forest, whether they have Orion's or anyone else's permission to enter. So she'll screw-up your diplomacy if you're not careful. And if you want her to really help-out with those nasty Beastmen invasions and such you'll have to provide her with an army.

That seems extreme. She definitely left the forest in the lore, she left when she first encountered Morghur, and the only reason she didn't march out with the armies during the Season of Revelation was because she feared Morghur's corrupting touch, which had badly hurt her before.

Ariel could easily be implemented as a monstrous, ethereal lord who floats around like Malagor, casts spells from a mix of the Lores of Life and Death, buffs Sisters of the Thorn and maybe Wardancers, gets buffs against Beastmen for the faction, but has Corruption penalties similar to Alarielle. The only hold up for such an implementation would be how expensive her model would be.
  • InsanityEmbracedInsanityEmbraced Registered Users Posts: 107
    if Vlad can have Isabella, Orion should have Ariel. With her addition we should also get Spellweaver generic caster lord (also Archmage for High Elves, Wizard Lords for Empire, Great Shamans for Greenskin, etc.)

All factions ought to have ability to pick melee and caster lords, whether LL or generic.

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,819
    Also Ushoran.
    Some seem to want Ariel in the same faction as Orion (I guess this makes sense lore wise) but if they do that I could see them adding Drycha to Durthus faction so both of them have 2 LLs.

I do prefer them to give LLs their own factions with different starting positions buuuut yeah I don't know if that works with the Wood Elves. I guess they could do something with Oreons Camp but sending any LL down there dosen't seem to make much sense. So giving both Durthu and Orion another LL they could start as could work.

Though I think this is even less likely for them to add 2 LLs.
    My Campaigns
    Takeda Clan
    Hattori Clan - Normal

Epirus - Normal
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Warhammer I
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Warhammer II:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard
    Clan Eshin - Very Hard
    Yvresse - Very Hard
    Khemri - Very Hard

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard

Eight Princes:
    Destin said:

Some seem to want Ariel in the same faction as Orion (I guess this makes sense lore wise) but if they do that I could see them adding Drycha to Durthus faction so both of them have 2 LLs.

I do prefer them to give LLs their own factions with different starting positions buuuut yeah I don't know if that works with the Wood Elves. I guess they could do something with Oreons Camp but sending any LL down there dosen't seem to make much sense. So giving both Durthu and Orion another LL they could start as could work.

It's all pretty unlikely at this point. Personally, my preference, if we got everything we wanted, would be:

Ariel/Orion at the King's Glade
    Durthu at the Waterfall Palace
    The Sisters of Twilight at Vaul's Anvil.

Ariel and Orion is obvious, Durthu doesn't move from his current location, and the Sisters are favorites of Daith who they treat like an uncle, so having them at Vaul's Anvil makes perfect sense.

I'd really like the sisters some day, if only because it would be nice for the Wood Elves to have at least one LL that is actually an elf as opposed to a monstrous deer man, a monstrous tree, or a monstrous ethereal moth-woman.

Destin said:

It's all pretty unlikely at this point. Personally, my preference, if we got everything we wanted, would be:

Ariel/Orion at the King's Glade
    Durthu at the Waterfall Palace
    The Sisters of Twilight at Vaul's Anvil.

Ariel and Orion is obvious, Durthu doesn't move from his current location, and the Sisters are favorites of Daith who they treat like an uncle, so having them at Vaul's Anvil makes perfect sense.

I'd really like the sisters some day, if only because it would be nice for the Wood Elves to have at least one LL that is actually an elf as opposed to a monstrous deer man, a monstrous tree, or a monstrous ethereal moth-woman.
    Yeah I would prefer Sisters of Twilight over Drycha aswell, like you said actually having an elf LL. Just threw out an idea of maybe both of them getting another LL, I don't think it's necessary but it would just fit alittle.

And yeah there is no guarantee of us even getting Ariel or any other LL so yeah getting 2 will probably not happen, not at the same time atleast.

*edit grammar
    My Campaigns
    Takeda Clan
    Hattori Clan - Normal

Epirus - Normal
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Warhammer I
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Warhammer II:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard
    Clan Eshin - Very Hard
    Yvresse - Very Hard
    Khemri - Very Hard

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard

Eight Princes: