Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Old World races voice lines and bantering in WH3?

Mr_CarsteinMr_Carstein Posts: 20Registered Users
I think CA should really use WH3 as an opportunity to revisit the diplomacy lines and battle-cries of the older races. It kinda sucks and breaks the immersion when the old world races don't recognize the race of their new world rivals when they come face to face with them.

But I think it's also the best and only opportunity left to gather all the fantastic voice actors who've already worked with CA on both games so they can record battle dialogues for the legendary characters of Warhammer. Basically Battle Banter like in Three Kingdoms.

Yes, it might be daunting cause of the multitude of unique characters, but it would just add tremendous flavour to real time battles and add more narrative moments. And if CA take their time with this instalment I'm sure they can make it happen.

With Lizardmen and Beastmen it should be a bit easier since most other races can't understand them, so they could react all puzzled, dissmisive or surprised when they hear them speak. The only person I can see interacting with these bestial species is Wulfrik the Wanderer.

The thought of having Karl Franz and Archaon throw verbal blows at each other while they smash their weapons against another just sends chills down my spine. Hearing the desperation in Karl Franz's voice as Archaon boasts about how he will wreck the entire planet.

What do you folks think?

Comments

• Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 238Registered Users
    Diplomacy lines definitely need a revisit, not only for the Old World races, but also for game 2 races. Tyrion and Teclis don't even recognize each other as brothers. But at a bare minimum the Old World needs more voice lines.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,018Registered Users
    Interesting point there. I'm especially curious to witness epic grudge-rap battles between Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs >:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file