Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Three Kingdoms future DLC's

HyperLonXHyperLonX Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi everyone,
I have been watching a lot of videos on Total War Three Kingdoms and I am really impressed with the game and I will buy it definitely. I have a couple of ideas for DLC's. I would really like if they could add Mongols, Koreans Vietnamese and Japanese warlords. It would make south more complex and harder to take if there were Vietnamese warlords. Also there would be more trade agreements and money earned. Mongols would raid settlements and make it more difficult but it would be a fun challenge. Koreans and Japanese warlords would fight for their territory first then try to expand to China and elsewhere. Also it would be a fun idea to add temples in the himalayas and that monks can also fight to protect the secrets of martial arts and fight for good. I really hope you guys would agree with me on this idea because it will give the game more depth and it would be more challenging but also it would be fun.

Kind regards,
HyperLonX

Comments

• bonrurgandybonrurgandy Posts: 29Registered Users
    edited June 5
    If anything, they would do the Jin dynasty next, or other minor sub factions. Its unlikely to be different countries as these never played a part in the romance story arcs. It might also be the jungle savages like Meng Huo and Zhu Rong who are more likely to be there. Check em out on google, if you've ever played dynasty warriors, these will ring bells.

Besides, they already did shogun and shogun 2 which was Japan based, I see no reason why they would include them in this. This is only a china Map with no real reason to expand further than the map already is (its already pretty big)
  • GelstonGelston Senior Member Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    I'm expecting Korea, but not until China is far more fleshed out. The southern regions, for example. Kinda expecting Shi Xie to be made playable too. Lord and photo packs too, but not necessarily as paid DLCs.
  • JoukeSeinstraJoukeSeinstra Posts: 275Registered Users
    Would love Wako Pirates off the south coast to compete with Sun Jian for the waters.
  • AtYourLeisureAtYourLeisure Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited June 5

Would love Wako Pirates off the south coast to compete with Sun Jian for the waters.

No.

No more pirates until they bring naval battles back.
  • tqhung87tqhung87 Senior Member Posts: 394Registered Users
    edited June 5

Wako pirate didn't exist back then. In fact, Japan was just too insignificant at this time period.
  • punic soldierpunic soldier Posts: 76Registered Users
    there are many important generals to be personalized and the children of important generals who were also important to appear in the campaign at an age of recruiting through historical events.
    i hope that CA gets a lot of DLC of this type, whether they are paid or free, there is a lot of work to be done with the subject of personalization of the generals and in this case the modders can not do the work, because all the generals are implemented in the history and in the campaign with a aspect,script and its historical characteristics.
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    I'll buy whatever DLC they make, just like I always do with TW titles. With that said however, I wouldn't mind it if they take their time, the game is huge as it is right now and campaigns take so long to finish, and I'm planning on doing something like 5 campaigns before I even touch any DLC they release (1 down 4 to go), so from my perspective, there's no need to rush any DLC.

So my advice to you is: buy the game and play it because it's brilliant already, don't worry too much about what's down the line.
  • IntranetusaIntranetusa Junior Member Posts: 604Registered Users
    The Mongols didn't exist yet. Similarly, the others existed more as proto-peoples as what we consider the Vietnamese or Japanese identity hadn't really formed yet. But yes, I agree that we should include the regions of modern day Mongolia, parts of southern/southeast Russia, Korean pennisula, Vietnam, etc and include the people that lived in those areas. Japan might be a bit too far to be included though, as the small kingdoms on that island lack information to recreate properly and lacked relevant contact with the 3K. The other regions did play a bigger role during 3K.

The north needs the various nomadic tribes that roamed Mongolia/Russia/Manchuria. The east needs the proto Korean factions and steppe factions. The west can have proto-Tibetans and maybe silk road kingdoms. The south needs all the proto-Sino-Viet and Yue peoples and tribes. The south in particular needs work as the current southern portion of the map is too barren.
  • Kongming1122Kongming1122 Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited June 5
    I think DLCs should focus on completing the Three Kingdoms China first.

(1) First of all, there are so many more characters that need to be added, an that should be a DLC of it's own.

(2) As someone mentioned, there is no MengHuo and Zhu Rong in the game and the whole south west region where Nanman are in are not really developed. They can add the Nanman faction; elephants anyone? :-)

(3) The whole of Shu seems underdeveloped. Lui Bei's faction is called Shu Han, but there is no focus on the land of Shu really. This is in part due to the starting era and Lui Bei is east at the time. Maybe there can be a DLC later with the starting era to be around Chi Bi time or just after Chi Bi so the power is more balanced between Lui, Cao, and Sun, and Lui Bei can expand into Shu with the help of Zhuge Liang.

(4) Beyond Three Kingdoms, as another poster suggested, Jin will be very interesting. After Sima Yi's decedents unified China under Jin Dynasty, non-Chinese factions started to interact and invade China. So this will offer more variety.
  • tqhung87tqhung87 Senior Member Posts: 394Registered Users
    The Koreans had formed powerful kingdoms at that time and constantly get into conflict with the Han. They and the nomads in the north would be great addition to the game.
  • clesnekclesnek Junior Member Posts: 25Registered Users
    Yeah, Jin would be a great standalone campaign, but I think in terms of adding to the current campaign, Nanman and Korea are the best bets, with something else for the huge empty region in the southeast that Sun Jian just casually moves into with no resistance.
  • SaturiSaturi Posts: 24Registered Users
    What I would love as DLC would be the following:

1) The Nanman Tribe (Meng Huo, Zhu Rong)
    2) The Tang Dynastie (Empress Whu Zetian)
    3) The Jin Dynastie
    4) Queen Himiko (Pre-Japan's yamatai Region)

Small Story bits additions
    1) The Addition of Zhao Yu (Trieu Au) (Rebellion against Wu)
    2) The Addition of Wang Tao and Wang Yue (Battle against Guan Suo)
    3) The Addition of Zhiyuanduo (Revolt against Wei)
  • HyperLonXHyperLonX Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi guys,
    I just read all of your comments and I really like the game I will buy it definitely, I like all your ideas and know that this time period doesn't have some factions that I want. On the other hand I was thinking maybe some dynasties that were destroyed would try to claim China again so that would be comesation for regions that didn't establish their power in the time period and provide the cover of the territories. Yeah I agree that Japan would be too much but also Japan and China were always in the conflict though out the history. So yeah, my ideas are suggestions for making the game last longer and for the community to come back after couple of fails in sales. And also I want to learn more about China and near by countries through this game.

Kind regards
  • ca9724ca9724 Posts: 1Registered Users
    You guys think too much about this game. This game is mainly focused on three kingdoms period, the DLC's will be different chapters of three kingdoms, there won't be other density be added into this game. If you ever played Koei Tecmo's Romance of three kingdoms and you will have a basic understanding of what chapter they will be added in this game. Each chapter will bring new factions along with new starting positions. Of course, the new hero will be added as well.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,495Registered Users
    ca9724 said:

You guys think too much about this game. This game is mainly focused on three kingdoms period, the DLC's will be different chapters of three kingdoms, there won't be other density be added into this game. If you ever played Koei Tecmo's Romance of three kingdoms and you will have a basic understanding of what chapter they will be added in this game. Each chapter will bring new factions along with new starting positions. Of course, the new hero will be added as well.

The key difference being that this is a Total War game by CA, and not a Koei game by Tecmo. Things will be done differently.
  • tyg759tyg759 Posts: 6Registered Users
    Korea should definitely be included. They may not be a part of the actual romance story, they were involved with the actual three kingdoms period. Not to mention, the kingdom considered to be the most powerful in which even the chinese empires were extremely wary of existed during this time, even though they were nowhere near their strongest. Korea was directly involved in those wars during the three kingdoms period, especially goguryeo, and should definitely be included, even if its the records mode only
  • iwan27iwan27 Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 4
    HyperLonX said:

Hi guys,
    I just read all of your comments and I really like the game I will buy it definitely, I like all your ideas and know that this time period doesn't have some factions that I want. On the other hand I was thinking maybe some dynasties that were destroyed would try to claim China again so that would be comesation for regions that didn't establish their power in the time period and provide the cover of the territories. Yeah I agree that Japan would be too much but also Japan and China were always in the conflict though out the history. So yeah, my ideas are suggestions for making the game last longer and for the community to come back after couple of fails in sales. And also I want to learn more about China and near by countries through this game.

Kind regards

Around this time period conflict with korea or vietnam( far south) still considered minor on the historical text, the guy above mention Meng Huo and Jin Dynasty, yea it all should be together, since i notice so many famous Characters are still missing, beacuse they are still young or not born yet, Jin Dynasty heroes like Sima Yi son, Sima Zhao, Sima Shi, and their generals,Guo Huai, Deng Ai etc. , The Liu Bei Shu Kingdoms generals, like Zhang Bao and Guan Xing, Wei Yan and Jiang Wei etc. Sun Quan faction of wu also mmissing the like of legendary Lu Meng, Lu Xun, Ding Feng, Ling Tong and Zhu Ran, with Cao Wei still missing the obe that created the Wei Empire, Cao Pi the usurper Emperor along with others, my point is this game didn't reach the "Three Kingdoms" Itself, just the early period entering the era, and CA should finish the Saga with DlC that revamp generic legend heroes and adding more content about Three Kingdom itself, before bringing alien factions to this Title