Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The next Lord Pack: When?

MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7,620
When can we expect it to come out? This month or the next one? I want me some fancy new units!
Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Comments

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 733
    Almost assuredly neither of those options. They're still trying to figure out what they're going to put in the WTTAWO later this month, which would be incredibly simple if they had a Lord pack on the way.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users Posts: 1,868
    Next Tuesday good for you? ;)

I have a magic lamp here... Oh! Wait! It has a note inside...

"This lamp is for the use of Araby DLC owners only."

*throws it away and cries*
    Grom comes. Elves quake. Grom comes. Dragons wake.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,289
    It's on the fourth Gibbonsday of Shroveuary.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    When 3K dies down a bit and has a few DLC of its own I imagine. Although some overlap could be possible if they think the sales of one doesn't impact the other.
  • RowdyRowdy Registered Users Posts: 18
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,620
    edited July 2019

Almost assuredly neither of those options. They're still trying to figure out what they're going to put in the WTTAWO later this month, which would be incredibly simple if they had a Lord pack on the way.

That's some mighty long think on their part. Probably as long as Chinese wall.

Next Tuesday good for you? ;)

I have a magic lamp here... Oh! Wait! It has a note inside...

"This lamp is for the use of Araby DLC owners only."

*throws it away and cries*

Slaanesh will heal your scars. Her lamps like to be rubbed. Just pull the strings.

... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,599
    September perhaps.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 175
    Wyvax said:

September perhaps.

I agree, it seems in WH2 we have been getting DLC roughly about every 5 months

as much as I wish it would be a shorter period of time
    Wyvax said:

September perhaps.

CA said there won't be WH presence at Gamescom. I suspect 3K might appear there to promote upcoming DLC. I imagine its release would happen in September. I doubt in double release being possible. Of course it's my wild speculation but me thinks it's either 'now' or October.

Ah I miss old good Game1 cycle and it's 1.5 months between LP. Age of bliss and insurmountable hype.

• Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 2,171
    I’m thinking October at the earliest. They just released 3K. It’s going to take the spotlight for a while.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,205
    Thinking August at the earliest, most likely September. They released 3K itself a month after P&W, I doubt that its DLC will be as disruptive to the next LP as people seem to think, especially as LPs don't really need that much marketing time dedicated to them, only 2 weeks or so.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    edited July 2019
    I juts moved to another game. ill have to be a interesting DLC hopefully WH1 lords on a Wh2 setting to bring me back.

Also for a lord pack i think 5 Months its to much... its only 2 LL whit maybe 4 new units. 5 months i would already lost interest in the game. i kind of have, i am moving to other smaller games until Planetfall hits, after that must likely won't buy next DLC unless is like i said above.
    Post edited by Unknown6203 on
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Registered Users Posts: 1,129

Wyvax said:

September perhaps.

CA said there won't be WH presence at Gamescom. I suspect 3K might appear there to promote upcoming DLC. I imagine its release would happen in September. I doubt in double release being possible. Of course it's my wild speculation but me thinks it's either 'now' or October.

Ah I miss old good Game1 cycle and it's 1.5 months between LP. Age of bliss and insurmountable hype.
    Me too, it keep me interested too.

Now i hardly have any interest because i don't know what coming.
  • HerrickHerrick Registered Users Posts: 208
    My bet is on October
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,747
    Wyvax said:

September perhaps.

That's a good guess.

Roughly 3 to 4 months after the beta would be on trend for CA.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,057
    My bet is close to the end of the year, CA will want to strike the 3K iron while it´s hot
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 994
    October so we can get more undead for Halloween!
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 8,974

October so we can get more undead for Halloween!

Lol!

This
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 8,974
    edited July 2019

Wyvax said:

September perhaps.

If they said that then it needs to come before that or we are going to have a long wait.

Still lord packs are well not race packs so im not very hyped anyway

Edit saw Graces reply. Very nice with info. Yeah then we either get a lord pack soon or it is going to be a "long" time
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,547
    September-ish, I'd have thought.

If it's Helfs and Delfs again, the only unit I can think of that might be problematic for them to create is the Medusae or (Heaven forbid..) the Skycutter, so I don't see why it need take much longer.

The only units both factions are missing wouldn't require much new comparatively. Even the remaining Lord choices wouldn't require much unique.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • FakeEmperorFakeEmperor Registered Users Posts: 595
    I say early - mid November
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    Hopefully sometime this year.

Wyvax said:

September perhaps.

I agree, it seems in WH2 we have been getting DLC roughly about every 5 months

as much as I wish it would be a shorter period of time
    ***cries in Lizardman***
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • goliath55goliath55 Registered Users Posts: 713
    I feel November is likely , that's 6 months plus extra for any delays / 3K DLC. I Just hope we get a WH3 announcement this year.

Wyvax said:

September perhaps.

If they said that then it needs to come before that or we are going to have a long wait.

Still lord packs are well not race packs so im not very hyped anyway

Edit saw Graces reply. Very nice with info. Yeah then we either get a lord pack soon or it is going to be a "long" time
    I hope it is the former option. Waiting another 6 months for LP would guzzle joy out of my cherry heart. It increases expectations and diminishes value of that particular DLC format.

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,377

I hope it is the former option. Waiting another 6 months for LP would guzzle joy out of my cherry heart. It increases expectations and diminishes value of that particular DLC format.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,184
    Hope is the first step to disappointment.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,223
    3K has taken focus off Warhammer and Warhammer is on the backburner now. If we are lucky we might get an announcement for a Lord Pack in August, but the cynic in me makes me lean towards an announcement in September.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • moose14moose14 Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Due to Warhammer being on the back burner for now. The next lord pack more even be as long as next year.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    edited July 2019

I think next month is possible but earlier is slightly too early although it Is all good now all races have a lp and considering the last game is unfortunately probably not coming until next year.
    Post edited by chrissher7 on

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,205
    Thinking August at the earliest, most likely September. They released 3K itself a month after P&W, I doubt that its DLC will be as disruptive to the next LP as people seem to think, especially as LPs don't really need that much marketing time dedicated to them, only 2 weeks or so.

I'm not sure that is the case, I think the issue is that they're trying to reformat/replace WTTAWO, so they may well have something to talk about, just not the way to communicate it atm. I mean Grace suggested that they were planning dev diaries. So it is possible that we will get something next month, though perhaps just the announcement.